Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328611 times)

RADBASTARD

Re: Talk About: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #75 on: Apr 22, 2003, 08:17 »
I miss the 2 more months of extra outage pay because the outage went to smooth ,the techs didn't make the money they thought they would.THE HOUSE TOOK OVER FOR SGT theycut about 80 days of the outage from last year.

But the "A" Techs THAT ARE STAYING SHOULD MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #76 on: Apr 23, 2003, 04:39 »
ain't sgt the outfit doing the sgr at oconee?   hmmm.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Arnold_Ziffel

Re: Rate Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2003, 02:20 »
They took over the Rad Safety for the SGR this time but killed their Program.  If you like wearing blinders, then CCNPP is the place for you.

k-linegirl

« Reply #78 on: Jun 03, 2003, 06:57 »
calvert is actually a good place to work. i don't believe that there is one place out there that doesn't have something about it that someone doesn't like.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #79 on: Jun 03, 2003, 11:55 »
I like they way they were gonna lift the TLD over all the welders heads and keep them welding ,why it was going on to get the job done and didn't even tell them what was happening over their heads.  

The lifting supv. said
"hey we did the same thing to them when we put it up there while they were cutting off the steam dome it's ok"

I guess if I jumped off a bridge and lived,it's ok for me to do it again because my dumb ass didn't get killed the first time then.

You are right safty is talked up,unless it interferes with the schedule of the outage,even if it's 15 mins.

splashndash

« Reply #80 on: Jun 09, 2003, 03:39 »
I have worked CCNPP's last four outages as a union contract employee and have been treated with much respect, even though I am a low life painter.  This is one plant that does appreciate the skills of the craft.  I look forward to many more outages at CCNPP and look forward to seeing the many friends which I have made there.

basketlady

Re: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #81 on: Jun 17, 2003, 08:52 »
Even though the 2003 outage is over, St. Mary's Landing Apt. is where I stayed. Requires a lease. Bring an air matteress.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:28 by Duke Nuker »

k-linegirl

Re: Calvert Cliffs Contracts
« Reply #82 on: Jun 26, 2003, 06:38 »
the word is out atlantic group got the maint contract. also d&z got a part but i am not completely sure what part. i don't know any contact info on the atlantic group other then they work at nine mile. as far as d&z, you could just call the plant and ask the operator for the d&z office

kwicslvr

« Reply #83 on: Jul 11, 2003, 11:34 »
Interviewed there a few months back.  The people were really nice and the area is very nice and inexpensive when compared to the rest of Maryland.

k-linegirl

« Reply #84 on: Jul 15, 2003, 12:00 »
Interviewed there a few months back.  The people were really nice and the area is very nice and inexpensive when compared to the rest of Maryland.

i am sorry to inform you but this area is very expensive. i have lived here most of my life and outside of montgomery county this county is very expensive for housing and taxes.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #85 on: Jul 15, 2003, 12:08 »
thanks for the additional, k-linegirl.  for a while there, i thought that they musta froze the rents at the ranch club. ;)
but the plant and people were guite nice according to my recollection, 'n the area ain't bad either.  

stownsend

« Reply #86 on: Jul 15, 2003, 02:48 »
I spent several outages at Calvert and the second one is an easier transition because you know how the plant operates ,the area etc.I'm off the road now but it was always a good place to start your golf game.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #87 on: Jul 15, 2003, 03:46 »
The best thing about Calvert Cliffs is the K-Line Girl.  And the fact that when you leave you dont have to work with radbastard.   Why are all the supervisors leaving?

biloxi_blues

« Reply #88 on: Jul 16, 2003, 07:26 »
okay i got off the subject a little bit.  The house techs are really good to work with.  They treated us pretty good on nights werent looking over your shoulder.  The supervisors on nights treated us good also.  Really the only problem came within our own organization.  Quotes like "can you live with it" were stated at the very beginning of the outage when that person didnt even know us.  The infamous time clock that "was not use to keep our time" was never a factor.  All in all the plant wasnt bad, but the area, weather and housing was less than desirable to me.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #89 on: Jul 17, 2003, 01:08 »
Hey Biloxi nice suck up! I have to agree I do like all the supervisors on nights and k-line girl is always one of my favorite people to work with,she should have worked nights this past time.Maybe she wouldn't have gotten killed with all those high risk jobs like on day shift.Radbitch always make calvert fun and entertaining to work with.She sure could make those contruction workers blush.I hated to see housepuke leave calvert,he was one of the good ones.
The area is super costly and for the life of me I can't understand why.
                  They do have the TIKI BAR weekend in the middle of april.They do pass out alot of beads at that event.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #90 on: Jul 21, 2003, 07:59 »
Thanks RadBastard.  I miss several people there, but not the BS. ;)
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #91 on: Jul 21, 2003, 09:57 »
The area is super costly and for the life of me I can't understand why.

dude... yer ina middle of the playbround fer d.c.   dem senators/representatives/lobbyists gotz beeg perdiem!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #92 on: Jul 21, 2003, 11:06 »
yeah house puke I just heard Tino left.Why do all the good ones leave.Seems like all the house people are jumping ship.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #93 on: Jul 22, 2003, 06:51 »
ohmigarsh... talk here, rate there, comment over yonder, travel down there..... eye getz sew cornfuzed ::)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #94 on: Aug 26, 2003, 12:24 »
nice pic of c.c. on the cover of nuclear plant journal, july-august '03 issue!
btw, when did bge become constellation energy?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #95 on: Aug 26, 2003, 01:42 »
You are living up to your name, Slo -- that was over 2 years ago
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #96 on: Aug 26, 2003, 01:52 »
May I suggest "Conflagration Energy Group"?

Just a thought. ;)
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #97 on: Aug 26, 2003, 02:24 »
You are living up to your name, Slo -- that was over 2 years ago

well, ya'd think sumbuddy wooda said sumtin.... of course i ain't bin there fer over a deca....bin a while.

kwicslvr

« Reply #98 on: Oct 15, 2003, 06:42 »
Who all here works at CC any ways?

kwicslvr

« Reply #99 on: Oct 15, 2003, 06:48 »

i am sorry to inform you but this area is very expensive. i have lived here most of my life and outside of montgomery county this county is very expensive for housing and taxes.

After looking in PG, Montgomery, Anne A. for the same quality and type area we are finding places in Calvert half the cost than any other county surronding DC on the Maryland side.  

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?