Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328614 times)

kwicslvr

Re: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #225 on: Feb 23, 2006, 08:00 »
If I could sit down for a minute I could tell ya but I've been running my arse off forthe last 4 days!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #226 on: Feb 25, 2006, 10:56 »
If I could sit down for a minute I could tell ya but I've been running my arse off forthe last 4 days!

Join the crowd!!!! Over WORKED and under STAFFED!!!!!  and under PAID!!

duke99301

« Reply #227 on: Feb 26, 2006, 12:50 »
was not like that during the 1st SGRP rad Bitch  was having fun...
SGT for ever.....

Rad Sponge

« Reply #228 on: Feb 26, 2006, 05:23 »
It took some time getting used to, but its rolling right along for me.

I have mad respect for those that can do this job month after month.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #229 on: Feb 26, 2006, 08:45 »
Wait until megawatt fever kicks in toward the end of the outage.  That's when the pressure really comes on.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #230 on: Feb 27, 2006, 07:39 »
It took some time getting used to, but its rolling right along for me.

I have mad respect for those that can do this job month after month.

Jason,

Glad to hear it's working out for you. Don't forget to have fun. Outages can be a blast, don't let the pressure make you lose sight of the fun side of it.

pat
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

duke99301

« Reply #231 on: Feb 28, 2006, 02:10 »
has the new guy had the pleasure of meeting the SHIM?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #232 on: Feb 28, 2006, 07:34 »
The SHIM left a while ago.  The burgers just aren't the same.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #233 on: Mar 01, 2006, 10:49 »
There must be some weird business/zoning laws around deez parts because their isn't one damn place open for food 24-hours.

The IHOP in LP is not open 24, blasphemous. What kind of IHOP straddled by a Nuke Plant and a Navy base is not open 24 hrs or at least opened at 0500.

No Denneys, No Huddle House, No Waffle House. Crazy Yo

All that is opened is some Guidos pub opening at 0600 for beer and 0700 for a breakfast bar. Since the breakfast bar looked worst than the Cliffs cafeteria and since it was 7 i went to Bob Evans. But when you get off at 5, two hours is two too many to wait for breakfast.

What's wrong with the resteraunteers around here?

kwicslvr

« Reply #234 on: Mar 02, 2006, 07:13 »
There's "resteraunts" around here!  Holy cow!!!  Where????? :P

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #235 on: Mar 05, 2006, 06:34 »
There's "resteraunts" around here!  Holy cow!!!  Where????? :P

How many hours or days are we behind.............?

kwicslvr

« Reply #236 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:07 »
No one's saying for sure.  I would put it around 5 days though.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #237 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:54 »
Captains Table Solomon's Island behind the Comfort Inn is open at 630 for breakfast.

It is good.

kwicslvr

« Reply #238 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:13 »
Captains Table Solomon's Island behind the Comfort Inn is open at 630 for breakfast.

It is good.

LOL.  Boy we got you addicted to that place didn't we!  By the way, don't worry about your pooch here...he's juuuust fine!
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 11:13 by kwicslvr »

Rad Sponge

« Reply #239 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:34 »
Have fun with my Beagle Pictures.

Let the games begin.

Ohh, by the way, expect two guys from the Outage to drop off their keys to my apartment before they leave on friday night. I expect they will work until 1200 AM and then depart.

I told them to leave the keys with Chemistry.

I'll be back around the 20th

LaFeet

« Reply #240 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:16 »
there's a freekeen starbucks in lex park?  dang, next thing yew'll tell me is that their chargeen big bux fer one a dem 1/2 trailers ina trailer park there.

They have onna them there coffee shops in Prince Frederick also.... I pass it by to and fro da Cliffs unit 2 outage (#18)

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #241 on: Mar 09, 2006, 08:19 »
Around 5 days behind?  What is going on?

RADBASTARD

« Reply #242 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:25 »
NOW WE ARE 7 DAYS BEHIND LAST I HEARD!!!!

We did move the head out with the TSP 1st one in history of the world I heard that was changed out

Fermi2

« Reply #243 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:21 »
You should have no problem finding a nice 3/2 for less than 400k.   We live up in Chesapeake Beach in 2000sqft 4/2 on a .25 acre that is worth right around 300k now.  Farther south you go the less expensive it can be.  The area has a big part to play also.  Right down the road from us are 600-800k houses and a new house a block over just sold for 475k.

HOLY SHIT!!! That's all you get for 300K in that area??? What drives the housing cost up there?

duke99301

« Reply #244 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:16 »
Should have SGT there on line on time!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #245 on: Mar 11, 2006, 09:52 »

HOLY SHIT!!! That's all you get for 300K in that area??? What drives the housing cost up there?

Proximity to Washington DC and Baltimore
Proximity to Chesapeake Bay
Moderate climate
Crabs fresh out of the water
All the shark teeth you will ever need
The Tiki Bar
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Fermi2

« Reply #246 on: Mar 11, 2006, 10:00 »
I figured  as much. When I interviewed at North Anna in October 2004 we spent three days in the that region. My wife and I vacationed in Williamsburg for something like 3 years in a row and every year we'd spend a night in Fredericksburg. F Burg had very reasonable housing with little or no traffic. So we figured we could get reasonable housing in that area. We hadn't stopped there since 9/11.

SO, we stop in F Burg to stay while I'm interviewing. It was crowded, way too much traffic and the average price of a decent house was well over 200K when in 2000 it had been around 125K or so. I'm talking for maybe 1700 square feet.  I asked the realtor why and she said after 9/11 so many people moved from DC to the outer regions that prices went way up. Moving towards the lake made it even worse.

That and the long drive to work made me say no to their offer.

I'm so glad I live in Tennessee because housing is at least reasonable. For 235K I have 2800 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, huge deck, a private porch, hot tub, jet tubs and a 1700 square foot basement that I'm currently finishing. Plus about  1.25 acres of land (all wooded).

Mike

RADBASTARD

« Reply #247 on: Mar 13, 2006, 05:17 »
Well we are only about 10 days or more at last count behind in the outage.
I think they are woundering if anybody has a spare TSP.at there house for the head that fits.
This one doesn't seem to be the right size.I think it was the metric to english conversion sizing mistake.
They have been grinding the hell out of this one to make it fit and not get stuck.
The head replacement is going great,it's that damn THIMBLE SUPPORT PLATE that's holding it up.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #248 on: Mar 13, 2006, 02:22 »
Sounds like a serious case of Back to the Future.  Comparisons are being made to the 2002 SGRP.

kwicslvr

« Reply #249 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:06 »
I heard startup is for the first week of April.   Secondary will begin startup wednesday from what I'm hearing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?