Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328679 times)

LaFeet

Re: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #250 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:22 »
All I know is I told them that I gotta leave here before Aril 10th... and they are shaking their heads no......

Anyone got a bigger hammer? :D

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #251 on: Mar 15, 2006, 12:27 »
Y'all still "grinding it out" at the Cliffs?  What's the scoop?
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

LaFeet

« Reply #252 on: Mar 15, 2006, 06:15 »
According to the engineers "Well....hmmmmm... it donna fit rite.... gsta wiggle it a lil more afor itll fall down"

As of today, it does not fit correctly and will not sit on the surfaces.  I told them they need a bigger T-Post driver and just drive it in.    Diving ops sometime next month - may be ???

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #253 on: Mar 15, 2006, 07:28 »

Hey SD,
Were sitting fat and happy at the hatch...... Not much going in or out cause they can't get the crane from the TSP group. They did install a 1/2 million dollar temp crane on the pzr for the outage. It's definetly been an interesting outage....Flash backs of the SGR from hell and the same unit.

LaFeet

« Reply #254 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:18 »

They bought off on the TSP...... aka Square Peg inna Round Hole.  Moving onto the next oops...  :P

RADBASTARD

« Reply #255 on: Mar 15, 2006, 10:50 »
We are now 13 days behind schedule. TSP or BUST!

LaFeet

« Reply #256 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:58 »
13, 15 whatever it takes.   Got the TSP slide through the chees grater, now the EDM debaucle begins :-X

LaFeet

« Reply #257 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:00 »
Hey RadBastard,  at this rate it looks like we might hit the Tiki Bar before you depart fo St Lucie  ;D

RADBASTARD

« Reply #258 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:05 »
Yeah if it didn't burn down with half of the island like what happened the other day there,Half the island went up in flames on solomons island.

LaFeet

« Reply #259 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:11 »
Tikis hold fire... not burn themselves... besides, all the alcohol has to burn away first  ;)

kwicslvr

« Reply #260 on: Mar 17, 2006, 03:58 »
Well at least there's a good view from the Tiki Bar now! ;D

RADBASTARD

« Reply #261 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:47 »
Tonight they are suppose to start diving ops.I don't want to be tech A.
I hope they are bringing in jacque quostoe and phillpe from the dead to do the diving.
Maybe they will find the titanic down there.

LaFeet

« Reply #262 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:05 »
Hell... If they actually got the dive surveys done before I came in tonight.....

Let's see....  8-9 days diving,  10-12 days refuelling, and then 32-3 days buttoning up....

Money Money Money   ;D

Guess RadBastard will be here with me until the end... Tiki Bar here we come   8)

LaFeet

« Reply #263 on: Mar 21, 2006, 06:36 »
Managed the first round of divers.... I would like to know what idiot thought that herculite is water proof....

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #264 on: Mar 21, 2006, 08:48 »
What about the water logged lead blankets from the dive tower?

LaFeet

« Reply #265 on: Mar 21, 2006, 09:08 »
What about the water logged lead blankets from the dive tower?

The were bled like a stuck piggy......and come on... they were waterproof, just ask the engineers :o

RADBASTARD

« Reply #266 on: Mar 24, 2006, 03:00 »
I can't believe we are starting diving again.Man that was a great pot luck tonight.
I'm surprised you didn't try the excuse that we can't go in the water for an hour we just ate{alot},so no diving for awhile.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #267 on: Mar 24, 2006, 05:58 »
Yes that was good pot-luck.  The sausage pasta was my favorite.  I bet you liked that too, tom.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #268 on: Mar 24, 2006, 06:48 »
I'm sure he did like it.
Those crab balls from STONEYS were great all crab meat and the fried wontons lafeet made were awesome.The desserts were good for another 5 lbs.,but hamsamich's salad wasn't to good and looked old, so somebody tossed his salad.
Overall everthing was great so we should do it again next week.

LaFeet

« Reply #269 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:09 »
Next week I think I might bring in some roulad or chicken wings

kaveman32

« Reply #270 on: Mar 24, 2006, 10:22 »
Or we can have the cafe wip up some howard's or romo's for the bunch. for a nice parting gift.

LaFeet

« Reply #271 on: Mar 25, 2006, 03:02 »
Managed to complete the diving this morn...... Now for the real fun to commence.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #272 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:21 »
Anybody that has worked Calvert knows about the famous Solomons Island. Home of the Tiki Bar. They had a massive fire on the Island last week that took out two historic restaurants. The Lighthouse Inn and Bowens Inn. If it wasn't for the fire boats responding so quickly the whole end of the Island would have burned too, including the Tiki Bar. For video of the fire go to
www.thebaynet.com Then look under the bay net video for Solomons in flames. It's pretty good video. I also have several pictures I could email if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2006, 06:25 by radbitch »

jjordan

« Reply #273 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:04 »
Too bad about the fire! The ony picture I would be interested in would be of you though! How you holding up? We are going to run over too. We have a crack in the Core Spray piping in the vessel. AREVA is suppossed to be making some sort of clamp, but they are already several days behind, on top of the 6 days they initially said it would take to install it. They are talking about underwater weld repairs now (divers), ohh boy! :-*
JJ

LaFeet

« Reply #274 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:14 »
Most of our divers were headed to Palisaids (spelling??) , the others decided to work only non nuke jobs..... At least they all got out clean

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?