Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328643 times)

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #325 on: Mar 10, 2007, 06:23 »
Hey RadBastard,  How the hell are you?
I'll bet the 'Cliffs is way different than when I was there.
Here's a shout out to the 'Cliffs (for those of you that might remember me). ;)
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Duke_Nukester

Local Flavor - Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #326 on: Mar 12, 2007, 04:21 »
I found an amazing place to eat while at The Cliffs.  On state Rte. 214 East of Rte. 2 just south of Annapolis is a wonderfully eclectic Irish joint called Killarney's Restaurant and Pub.  Looks a little on the dive side from the road, however, once you enter it becomes an engaging scene of beautiful red pine, and colorful stained glass windows, with some rustic things of the past on the walls.  Very family oriented on the restaurant side they have low volume traditional Irish music playing, comfortable lighting, and a spacious split level dining room.  Now the important stuff...a wide variety of traditional irish fare that is as tasteful as it is appeasing to the eye.  Very nice beverage selection and the beer is ice cold.  A great place to stop and enjoy on your day off while you take a little tour of Annapolis.  Please remember enough roadies meet with unfortunate circumstances traveling America's highways sober that we don't need to add more to the statistics by driving drunk.  Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Rad Sponge

Re: Local Flavor - Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #327 on: Mar 12, 2007, 07:33 »
I found an amazing place to eat while at The Cliffs.  On state Rte. 214 East of Rte. 2 just south of Annapolis is a wonderfully eclectic Irish joint called Killarney's Restaurant and Pub.  Looks a little on the dive side from the road, however, once you enter it becomes an engaging scene of beautiful red pine, and colorful stained glass windows, with some rustic things of the past on the walls.  Very family oriented on the restaurant side they have low volume traditional Irish music playing, comfortable lighting, and a spacious split level dining room.  Now the important stuff...a wide variety of traditional irish fare that is as tasteful as it is appeasing to the eye.  Very nice beverage selection and the beer is ice cold.  A great place to stop and enjoy on your day off while you take a little tour of Annapolis.  Please remember enough roadies meet with unfortunate circumstances traveling America's highways sober that we don't need to add more to the statistics by driving drunk.  Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Its actually West of RT 2 and East of 301, but still on 214.

I should know, I ate with Duke, and I apologize to all those who had to travel the elevators after I got off. However, the exhalations and emminations of irish beer, cider, eggs, and irish fare did allow me to enjoy the experience a little longer.

To all those Bartlett techs on the 45 today....sorry.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #328 on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:12 »
Hey RadBastard,  How the hell are you?
I'll bet the 'Cliffs is way different than when I was there.
Here's a shout out to the 'Cliffs (for those of you that might remember me). ;)

Hey housepuke I still remember you.
Glad to see your still on the planet!!!
Hope all is well with you.....
The place changes more and more every year. Miss ya OXOXOXOX
RB

RADBASTARD

« Reply #329 on: Mar 13, 2007, 07:13 »
Hey Housepuke fuel  movement here has been a disaster.The trolly for the fuel came off the track between the pools and the the sfp fuel grapper on the mast broke for some time.
Now their moving fuel again it's been more than a week I think.
Wish you were back here,ice cream tonight.

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #330 on: Mar 13, 2007, 08:53 »
9 More Shift's to go!!!!! ;D :P
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #331 on: Mar 15, 2007, 06:28 »
Heads are gonna roll.........  ;D

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #332 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:44 »
Rad-bitch is correct, heads rolled yesterday.They cut loose 90% of us refuelers for a few days...life is good.
Call Before You Dig!

LaFeet

« Reply #333 on: Mar 18, 2007, 10:18 »
 Did they get the right TSP this time????   Sorta glad I am not there to experience this outage.  Miss the Rad twins though  ;D

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #334 on: Mar 18, 2007, 12:08 »
The TSP fit perfectly! The divers did all the welds they had to do.Only thing left is to install the new thimble tubes..Life gets better all the time at the Cliffs.
Call Before You Dig!

LaFeet

« Reply #335 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:41 »
 Yee haw... bet that make Ray Wyvil happy...... :P

oldodge52

« Reply #336 on: Mar 19, 2007, 03:32 »
Yee haw... bet that make Ray Wyvil happy...... :P

It does make him happy, his tail's been waggin' like a puppy who's about to go outside to play frisbee. haha. The next few days should be nice and quiet with the fuel going back in the pot. Next week, after most of the techs and deconners are gone, they real fun starts. You all remember getting the TSP cutup station out? And the cavity decon with the 2 R/hr floor (not in spots, the entire FLOOR!)? The LEWA was at the bottom of the ladder, 60 mR/hr! Hey, LaFeet, remember the 40R/hr rag you generated w/ one swipe on the South end cavity? Way to go!!! Since everything went so smooth this year, maybe we won't have the same problems... maybe. Not that it matters, I'm leaving Sat. night so I won't have to spend an entire week in a respirator gettin' dosed out. WOOHOO!!

And since we are talking "RAY", here are a couple of Ray-isms:
"Ohhh myyyy gawwwd, you can't MAKE this s*$t up!"
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and atomic explosions" (heard that one yesterday)

t.

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #337 on: Mar 20, 2007, 07:44 »
As of 19:40 they have started moving sticks back in the pot ;D Only 3 more shifts to go ;) Then on to Florida sunshine!!!!
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Rad Sponge

« Reply #338 on: Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 »
As of 19:40 they have started moving sticks back in the pot ;D Only 3 more shifts to go ;) Then on to Florida sunshine!!!!

Aside from workers unable to resist touching their faces, I hear its been very successful. Thanks to all those whose work is helping me get my weekends back.

Now go break the fingers of the next worker picking his nose in containment.

R/ JMK

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #339 on: Mar 22, 2007, 12:46 »
What's the lastest at the Cliffs? I travel back tomorrow for re-assembly purposes..Heard the minipulator crane broke down,any truth to that...
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #340 on: Mar 22, 2007, 04:26 »
They are currently doing surveys of everything in the pool in preps for flying everything to the hatch..... The plan changes on a hourly basis, but last I heard that was the plan.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #341 on: Mar 22, 2007, 05:16 »
You are the best rad-bitch....
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #342 on: Mar 24, 2007, 06:33 »
Core Onload complete.....Equipment hatch scheduled to go on ~ morning of the 29th......

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel.......:)

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007, 02:30 by radbitch »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #343 on: Mar 24, 2007, 02:32 »
Hell, Probably set the head tonight or tomorrow am....
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #344 on: Mar 25, 2007, 03:56 »
Gettin ready to set the head any minute now..........

LaFeet

« Reply #345 on: Mar 26, 2007, 06:39 »
Sounds like itsa good day to body count.   

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #346 on: Mar 26, 2007, 07:19 »
2 more days and I'm north sick and south bound...........

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #347 on: Mar 26, 2007, 03:51 »
Should be spinning studs in right now and tensioning tonight.Seems they got rid of all the RP's already.Won't be long now..
Call Before You Dig!

baddboy

« Reply #348 on: Mar 27, 2007, 05:10 »
hey rad bitch,  I'm allready south and home, really enjoyed working with you and all of the gang. keep in touch,  Willie

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #349 on: Mar 31, 2007, 01:55 »
Finally done at the cliffs.What a ride it's been.All the rp's were great,as were a few others (they know who they are).Maybe I'll come back next time...
Call Before You Dig!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?