Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328612 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« on: Aug 12, 2001, 02:18 »
If anyone has lodging information for Calvert Cliffs, please post it here.

From what I remember, there was a large list at the plant of locals that rent out rooms durring the outage.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:16 by Duke Nuker »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 06:49 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

For idle chat, use the "Talk about this site" thread.  Only comments about the plants rating, such as "I liked this site because" will be alowed to remain.  Comments such as "I wonder how next outage will be" should be in the 'Talk about a site' thread.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:44 »
Talk About: Calvert Cliffs

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs Contracts
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:02 »
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

craps7

Re: Talk About: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2003, 07:15 »
Today in our first day of training we were welcomed by
C.T THOMAS. When he set the tone of the outage he laid the smackdown on us.After most statements C.T. was quoted as saying Can you deal with that??
Letting us knukledraggers know we wern't needed.We were put into our subserviant places.As the spineless,
jelly fishes that we are nobody said a word and we knew he was the pimp and we were his bitches.

k-linegirl

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:20 »
i have always believed in picking my battles so listening to someone toot thier own horn is not a battle i choose to fight.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2003, 06:35 »
So far it dosent sound good.  The only changes heard arent beneficial to the techs.  We will be punching time clocks (although they are only use for accountability), less techs, different lead techs, no break room that I have heard of, we get paid a day later and a maintenace cordinator the we have to "live with" who is already on most techs and deconners crap list.   The only good thing (if you want the hours) is that we should be on 72's for a while and if you like snow skiing it has just snowed.  Im sure things cant be as bad as they seem.   Last generator wasnt bad at all, but we will see how this goes.

Bob

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2003, 08:44 »
So what are you waiting for techs? Come up to Canada. If not this spring, then this August. Pickering has a 3-4 month outage coming up. You'll be treated well and you will work directly for the utility i.e. Diablo Canyon type set up.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Check out the Canadian HP job site postings for more info.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2003, 09:00 »
oooo... looks like recruiting has taken a turn here....
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

HouseSnake

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2003, 04:17 »
So, it is 2/14, has the SGRP started ? How are things going....Radbastard - you there ? How is SGT to work with ? I never worked Calvert, but I've heard good things in the past.
I worked with SGT at St Lucie, and I don't think I wanna do that again.....

Pet_Cow

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2003, 04:47 »
Today in our first day of training we were welcomed by
C.T THOMAS. When he set the tone of the outage he laid the smackdown on us.After most statements C.T. was quoted as saying Can you deal with that??
Letting us knukledraggers know we wern't needed.We were put into our subserviant places.As the spineless,
jelly fishes that we are nobody said a word and we knew he was the pimp and we were his bitches.

I wish I was there. I generally eat 2 of those boastful types before lunch.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2003, 08:31 »
Sorry to complain, but aren't we supposed to be talking about Calvert Cliffs?  SGRO started on schedule last night.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2003, 10:27 »
If anyone is looking for the posts regarding the Canadian and American military, I removed them.  While I regret the incident that was being discussed, it was completely off topic and certainly not one for this thread.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2003, 01:04 »
Initials are done we had to sacrifice one tech due to heat exhaustion, but CT would be proud we got the job done.  Was that house tech supervisors carrying meters and doing surveys?  Maybe Ive been in heat too long, oh that is, in the heat too long.  Snowing today.  By the way the over /under is 110 days.  At least shutdown was on schedule barely.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2003, 02:17 »
CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT?

That is our outage slogan as per our maintance supv over the hp's.
Well you thought the last outage was fucked up well this one the way it went last night this should be a even worse.
Less techs,Less deconners,house techs and supv.swinging meters and doing survey's to help out the contractors. When I saw that I thought the bengals were going to win the superbowl or the contract companies were gonna bring back rental cars.I thought I was dreaming.We lost one tech to heat on his first night and one called out sick on the first night.

CT THOMAS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF US BECAUSE
WE LIVED WITH THAT AND STILL GOT THE JOB DONE.

ComputerTech

;)Re: Talk About: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2003, 03:53 »
Hey Radbastard,

So you went back for another round of
punishment at Calvert?  Sounds like it's
already shaping up to be another cluster
like last Spring.  And here I am Fermi
being treated like a house tech with
"King of the Road" Gerry Thompson.
Calvert would have been more $$$s but
you can have it.  Keep giving us the
play by play and bloopers.  I'm really
looking forward to it. ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2003, 05:04 »
Well in the can we had 3 Hp's for 300 workers= ca ching$$$$
I am not making this up either they were crying for hp's. Everybody came out gassed up because the purge wasn't on. 300 to the old body counter + 3 hp's.
I THOUGHT WE WERE AT MILLSTONE LAST NIGHT.
HOUSESNAKE, I thought we were gonna have to take a half a coke bottle, and a glove liner to make a filter paper and a air sample head out of them like on survivor again with no supplies.We need maybe 20 more techs and about 10 jr's for this outage to run smooth.God help us if people drag up.We are really strapped here because this company is so damn cheap.This might be longer than the last one.

CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT ???????

Offline march2003

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2003, 03:35 »
Haven't done the replacements at Calvert, but when I worked there for regular outages the housetechs ALWAYS pulled their weight,and supervisors were there to fix problems.

Of course now the outage is being run by SGT and a new company at the helm to boot. Glad that I'm not there!
make every minute count

TamiTrueheart

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2003, 09:56 »
I like Calvert. Always reinventing the wheel. The housing is cheaper across the bridge.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:35 »
I usually dont do this, but Im going to use a radbastard tactic (sucking up to the house).  I have always enjoyed working with and working for the house techs and supervision.  They have always treated me fairly.  It is sad that the Bartlett supervision is the one that gives me and  a lot of others the grief.  I think a lot of the bartlett long term superv. people need to get out and really start finding out what the road is really like again.  I think this would be a great place to work if we could get rid of the long term (bartlett) people.  You would think they would be the ones that would help us out instead of here it is "live with it" attitude.  ONe more thing if you ever try to send me out in that record setting blizzard in my scrubs there are going to be some sore ankles around here.  You know who you are.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2003, 08:59 »
Oh allright, next time wear double scrubs!
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

hambone

« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:42 »
Radbastard
From what I hear you have one screwed up outage going on. I hope things get better. Hey dude we still have 8 HP slots open at Sequoyah. The outage starts on the 16th.
Love ya Mean it.
Bone
PS the day time high is 55

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2003, 10:06 »
Thanks guys and gals.....just about the time I think I miss the road...you remind me how "not-so-bad" house-pukin' is!! Calvert was never on my top ten list... sounds like it has sunk to even lower lows....
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:20 »
Biloxi nice suck up.Hey you missed a spot wipe your mouth.I will agree the I like the people here also {slurp}

Bone love ya ,hate ya, love to hate ya.Good luck!

Calvert had a good night last night maybe cause Biloxi was off?

I wish jjordan was here we need some ice cream.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:35 »
Or maybe you only did one jump like you did tonight.  No wonder there are 100 workers per tech in the can.  Quit your snibbling parachute.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?