Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fermi NPP Lodging

Author Topic: Fermi NPP Lodging  (Read 96424 times)

Offline blakebans

• Lurker
Re: Fermi NPP Lodging
« Reply #75 on: Aug 03, 2015, 11:57 »

Looking for a place from August 28th through November 1st.
Would prefer a furnished house or apartment
Not afraid to travel from Toledo or Dundee to Fermi.
PM me or call me 402-274-7169.

Offline outageworker2015

• Lurker
lodging
« Reply #76 on: Aug 05, 2015, 06:32 »
I'm going to the Fermi Plant in Sept. 2015.  I'm looking for ideas for lodging while I'm there.  Although this is not my first outage it is my first out of town outage.  So the housing thing is new to me.  Would like a cabin but anything would be okay.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #77 on: Aug 06, 2015, 07:17 »
I got lucky because I came here early, on July 6th. I found a fully furnished house with a fenced in yard for my dogs for $950 a month. I would start looking on places like HomeAway, VRBO, Craigslist, etc. You can find some decent deals through those websites.

Within 10 minutes from the plant, there is a Holiday Inn and a Hampton Inn. Those will fill up fast and I would start now because the outage starts at the end of September.

Toledo, OH is a good option. It is only 25 minutes away and you can find some pretty cheap housing. Once again, get started now. I came in at 630 this morning and the line at the guard shack was 35 people deep.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #78 on: Aug 06, 2015, 07:29 »
I got lucky because I came here early, on July 6th. I found a fully furnished house with a fenced in yard for my dogs for $950 a month. ....

I think I know that house,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline outageworker2015

• Lurker
« Reply #79 on: Aug 06, 2015, 04:01 »
What are some towns within 15-20 minutes from the Fermi plant in Michigan.  I will probably check out vrbo or home away but I'm unsure what areas are close to the plant.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #80 on: Aug 06, 2015, 07:34 »
Newport, Monroe

Offline Juice03

• Lurker
« Reply #81 on: Aug 22, 2015, 06:41 »
Is there a housing contact or housing assitant associated with the plant at Fermi?

Offline kmiklusak

• Very Lite User
« Reply #82 on: Jun 12, 2016, 03:59 »
Beginning June 19, 2016!Lodging available: Fully furnished house! 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 sets of washers & dryers, 2 car attached garage, large fenced-in backyard, small patio. 1 mile off of I-75 exit N. Dixie in Monroe. $950/month for single or $1,400 for 2 renters. A loved home that is occasionally used by owners when not rented. 1,200 square feet. No pets or smoking allowed. Unfinished basement. Great location! Security deposit required. 586.321.2377 or email kmiklusak@comcast.net for more information. Happy to send pictures! Thank you for looking. :)
I love Monroe!

Offline devin01

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #83 on: Sep 27, 2016, 09:30 »
                                                                    [color=red] LESS THAN 3 MILES !!!!![/size[/color]]
 Nice 3 bedroom Fully Furnished  house nice relaxing fenced in backyard gas gril & fire pit,  washer & dryer  1 bathroom separate jacuzzi tub and shower , WIFI no SMOKING, VAPING or PETS  ..MINUTES from Fermi!  Beautiful Lake Erie Park  with Lake Erie access, located in Private Association very nice & quite neighborhood  1 person $79.99 a night 2 people or 3 ask for pricing 734 777 9744 or email will send pictures Trentonphc@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2023, 08:34 by devin01 »

RIVERFRONT HOUSE

FURNISHED HOUSE ON RIVER- ONLY 5 MINUTES FROM FERMI
« Reply #84 on: Nov 21, 2016, 07:04 »
FURNISHED 2 STORY HOME DIRECTLY ON RIVER

1 bed/1 bath WITH EXTRA FUTON BED DOWNSTAIRS IF NEEDED

5 MINUTES FROM FERMI POWER PLANT IN NEWPORT MI

NOT MONTH TO MONTH RENTAL!

SECURITY DEPOSIT REQUIRED

EMAIL trishdadish44@yahoo.com FOR MORE  INFO.

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
Fermi Contractor Lodging Rates - New Rooms
« Reply #85 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:48 »
Traveling Construction Crews - Low Rates - Newly Renovated!

Red Roof Inn Taylor, MI offers a great low, long term rate for our guests that are traveling for work with Fermi NPP shutdown.

Click the link below or copy and paste into your browser to book $45.99 per night
https://www.redroof.com/partners/fermi_contractors/
Utilities, Housekeeping and Wifi included!
Premium cable channels, pets stay free policy and new rooms!
Lots of nearby restaurants and easy freeway access!

Contact mdylewski@redroof.com with any questions.

Red Roof Inn Taylor
21230 Eureka Road
Taylor, MI 48180
https://www.redroof.com/property/Taylor/MI/48180/Hotels-close-to-Detroit-Metro-Airport-Wayne-County-Community-College-I-75/RRI189/

Offline AsherBeachCottage

• Lurker
« Reply #86 on: Aug 11, 2017, 09:15 »

Lake Erie PRIVATE Beach Cottage Near Fermi
ft2 on three levels
8 Beds
2 Full Baths
Available October 1, 2017
Road Techs, looking to live right on the water, a stone's throw from Fermi this Fall? Location! Location! Location!

This charming & relaxing, beautiful-yet-affordable, fully-furnished, PRIVATE beach cottage will give you what you want & much more! In fact, this PREMIUM location is the best of Pure Michigan and is perfect to share with your family or small groups of co-workers with Fermi II practically a stone's throw away. So, do a little planning and get your group of co-workers together for a great travel experience...a group of 5 stays for $35/person/night!

You can enjoy being located in a secluded area on the shore of majestic Lake Erie with Fermi as a nearby neighbor. A wide, sandy beach lies right in front of your deck, calling you for a year-round leisurely stroll. At an impressive 2350 ft2, your home on three floors is spacious enough for privacy with multiple guests (total of 8 beds.) Costing FAR LESS than a couple hotel rooms having a small fraction of the space found here, this beachfront destination allows for privacy AND togetherness all under one roof. We have a washer and dryer on the main floor for your use. You'll save a fortune by not eating out at every meal and do your own cooking in our fully equipped kitchen. Our beds are decked out in softness & comfort with plenty of pillows & memory foam for many comfortable nights' sleep. And there are stunning water views of Lake Erie or our canal from every window & deck for the ultimate lake experience!

Additionally, there’s a dining room, a living room with a wood-burning fireplace & lakeview windows throughout, television, a blue-ray dvd player, a large selection of dvds of children’s & adult DVDs from our personal library & leather furniture to snuggle up in & relax. The kitchen's on the main floor, all just steps from the beach. Within this space, there is a washer and dryer for your use. The kitchen is FULLY EQUIPPED with a refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, trash compactor, dishwasher, toaster, cookware, bakeware, deep fryer, both Keurig & regular coffee makers, & an espresso machine. (A convenience store is 1 block away & a full-size grocery store is 3 ½ miles away.) Just outside, the deck has 2 dining areas, ample comfortable sitting, a grills so bring some steaks, your appetite and cook out! After a successful day of fishing, we have a fish-cleaning station just off the deck to make clean up easy. We also offer use of 2 kayaks & life jackets, cable  & high-speed internet access/wi-fi IS INCLUDED for your use while staying at Asher Beach. Just in case you have poor cell phone reception or want to avoid roaming on Canadian towers across the water, we do offer a land line for your use as well. Enjoy our "man cave" with a 2nd wood-burning fireplace. We have a good supply of board games, a dartboard, Foosball & an air hockey table for some friendly competition.

Massive windows throughout the cottage frame expansive views of the surrounding ever-changing lake scenery. ALL our beds are dressed for maximum comfort. The master bedroom has a queen bed, deep memory foam mattress, a charming bay window with a gorgeous lake-view & private en suite master bath with walk-in shower. The second bedroom is a walk-thru & has a full-size bed with memory foam top mattress. A shared bath with tub/shower combination is on the main floor. The third floor is bunk-style, with 3 sleeping areas and 6 beds. Sharing this home with co-workers working opposite shifts is not a problem with so many sleep options!

This quiet, close-knit, safe community is the perfect place to relax, boasting private beaches and owner-occupied homes...loud parties, public intoxication and street parking are simply NOT welcomed OR permitted here. If this sounds like a good fit, then we are happy to answer questions via email. We offer a solid, quality home that WON'T disappoint!Pictures available at: https://www.vrbo.com/752048. Contact us directly to avoid VRBO fees...payments accepted securely through PayPal.

RENT: High Season, we offer weekly rental but Low Season is reserved for travelers staying 1 month or longer.....Will be available AFTER OCT 1st for $169/night, up to 4 guests (DISCOUNTED from our Standard rate of $269/night); the 5th through 6th guests pay an additional $9/night/guest. We only rent to registered guests; all individuals must be listed on a completed rental agreement; no sublets; 30-night minimum stay. Cleaning fee & Refundable Security Deposit additional.

Rental Details:
For the comfort of all our guests, this is a NON-SMOKING, PET-FREE home...NO exceptions.

We will accommodate guests staying 30 days, renting by the month. While our cottage can sleep 12 for vacationers, for longer-term stays, a maximum of 6 adults is most comfortable for travelers, especially when some are doing shift work, and this number or fewer seems to work best.

[size=78%]Contact US[/size]: [size=78%]mailto:AsherBeachCottage@gmail.com[/size]

https://www.vrbo.com/752048

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017, 09:34 by AsherBeachCottage »

Offline Becky92

• Lurker
« Reply #87 on: Sep 23, 2017, 11:46 »
LODGING AVAILABLE in Temperance, Mi (not far from Fermi). I have two fully furnished bedrooms available in my 2000 sq ft home. 2 bathrooms, large kitchen, dining room, family room, laundry room and exercise room. Deck off the back. $575/mo includes all utilities, cable and internet. Quiet, safe neighborhood located close to food and entertainment. Call or text for more information. Thanks! 567-686-2826

Offline Red Roof Willoughby, OH

• Lurker
Re: Fermi National Lab Lodging
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2019, 12:36 »
Red Roof is offering Discounted Hotel Rates. 

$59.99 per room, per night, plus tax at Red Roof Taylor located at 21230 Eureka Rd, Taylor, MI 48180 or a 15% Nationwide Discount off BAR (Best Available Rate) using Discount Code #622122 or just click on this link https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/fermi_contractors
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2019, 12:38 by Red Roof Willoughby, OH »

Offline manzagol

• Lurker
« Reply #89 on: Sep 24, 2019, 09:07 »
LAKEFRONT HOUSE RENTAL

Less than 6 miles from Fermi II plant.  Beautiful Lakefront House rental on Lake Erie.  Fully furnished house with 6 beds and 3 baths.  $170 a nite.  Available mid December 2019. Includes TV ,WIFI, Cable, washer & dryer, kitchen with dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee makers, and cookware.
For more information email——  manzagol@gmail.com

Offline gergskitten

• Very Lite User
« Reply #90 on: Nov 01, 2019, 04:24 »
Fully furnished 2 Bedroom Apartment Unit. Located off a major road within walking distance of Historical Downtown Monroe, MI and only 15 minutes from Fermi Nuke Plant plus all major freeways to Toledo, Detroit & Ann Arbor. Has a private entrance and parking, Victorian Home-like atmosphere with lots of character, very clean and quiet, has a three season bonus room with view of the Raisin River.  Only $20 a day! $600 a month. Call 734-241-4158 for details.

Offline Mechcanic

• Lurker
Fermi 2 (Monroe, MI) Lodging
« Reply #91 on: Dec 08, 2019, 12:57 »
Hello Everyone. I am posting to offer assistance to those that may need a hand with the Monroe Area, should the need arise for the upcoming outage/projects. I have a home that won't be available until June 6, 2020 (have guys planned stay coming Jan 6). However, I want to send out an open invitation to anyone whom may be seeking a place in the future.

Have had Fermi Pro's in the past (they are either not coming this outage or found other accommodations) and know several employees working at the facility whom can vouch for me.

My home is about 8 minutes away. Modern 1400 sqft. 3 bed 2 bath fully furnished Wifi @ 250mbsec ultimate directv a huge driveway for 4-5 cars double width in front.
Will attach pictures once I am allowed.

Hope everyone's travel plans go well. If you have questions will help if I can.

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
« Reply #92 on: Jan 27, 2020, 01:14 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energyClick the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020, 01:26 by Marlin »

Offline Furnished Rooms In Beautiful Home

• Lurker
« Reply #93 on: Jan 27, 2020, 11:27 »
Furnished Rooms Available  :)

4 bed 2.5 bath with Finished Basement in 2300 sq ft Newer Home
Located on Quiet Private Wooded Drive

Only 3 Miles From Fermi 2 Plant
Only Quarter mile from 75 and 275 expressways

Use of the Entire Home including Kitchen/Laundry
Exercise Equipment including Total Gym, Treadmill, Mini Trampoline and  Hand weights in Basement

Private Bed  (Full/ Queen/King Beds Available)
Shared Bath 

200. Week
200. Security deposit

Pics Available upon request

Please Text if interested 734-250-4986

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2020, 05:47 by Furnished Rooms In Beautiful Home »

Offline kmiklusak

• Very Lite User
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2020, 07:53 »
Beginning June 15, 2020! Lodging available: Fully furnished house! 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 sets of washers & dryers, 2 car attached garage, large fenced-in backyard, small patio. 1 mile off of I-75 exit N. Dixie in Monroe. $1150/month for single or $1,800 for 2 renters. A loved home that is occasionally used by owners when not rented. 1,200 square feet. No pets or smoking allowed. Unfinished basement. Great location! Security deposit required. 586.321.2377 or email kmiklusak@comcast.net for more information. Happy to send pictures! Thank you for looking. :)
I love Monroe!

Offline Shelly7429

• Lurker
« Reply #95 on: Nov 16, 2021, 09:21 »
1035 N. Westwood, Toledo, OH 43607

Davis Besse 40 minute Drive
Fermie 30 Minute Drive
This apartment is at Dorr & Douglas/N. Westwood.  Next to the University of Toledo.
It can be rented as a 1, 2 or 3 bedrm unit.
These are fully furnished units.
Please note this could be a 2nd or 3rd floor unit depending upon what we have available when you want to move in.
 1 Bedrm $1,500/mo (1 renter)
1 Bedrm $1,650/mo (2 renters)

2 Bedrms $1,800/mo (2 renters)
2 Bedrms $2,000/mo (3 renters)
2 Bedrms $2,250/mo (4 renters)

3 Bedrms $2,500/mo  (3 renters)
3 Bedrms $2,750/mo (4 renters)
3 Bedrms $3,000/mo (5 renters)
3 Bedrms $3,500/mo (6 renters)
(Includes WIFI, Netflix, Prime, electric, water, parking, weekly clean linen & Towel replacement)
ie: you bring 5 dirty towels to office we give you 5 clean towels
$150 one time cleaning fee
$500 refundable security deposit
We provide furniture, linens, towels, dishes, pots & pans, silverware, glasses, stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher.
Coin laundry in each building.
Background check is required ($35/person). 
This is a NON SMOKING or VAPING & NO ANIMAL unit.
Short Term extendable lease is required. Anyone staying in the unit 1 day or more must sign the lease.
Please let me know if you have any more questions or would like to set up a time to see one of the units.
Best Wishes,
Shelly Shaw
Executive Housing Management, LLC

419-460-0851
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2021, 09:22 by Shelly7429 »

Offline kmiklusak

• Very Lite User
« Reply #96 on: Nov 17, 2021, 04:56 »
Beginning December 1, 2021! Lodging available: Fully furnished house! 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 sets of washers & dryers, 2 car attached garage, large fenced-in backyard, large driveway, & small patio. 1 mile off of I-75 exit N. Dixie in Monroe. VERY CLOSE TO FERMI! $1250/month for single or $1,900 for 2 renters. A loved home that is occasionally used by owners when not rented. 1,200 square feet. No pets or smoking allowed. Unfinished basement. Great location! Security deposit required. 586.321.2377 or email kmiklusak@comcast.net for more information. Happy to send pictures! Thank you for looking. :)
I love Monroe!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?