Fermi NPP

Above Average
30 (50.8%)
Average
11 (18.6%)
Below Average
18 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Fermi NPP  (Read 125709 times)

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
Re: Fermi NPP
« Reply #25 on: Jul 03, 2007, 11:19 »
Report dates; 9/10 and 9/17.  30 day outage beginning 9/29.
Live Aloha

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #26 on: Jul 10, 2007, 09:32 »
Make sure you stop over to Fermi 1 and say hi when ya'll get here

yuffie_2000us

« Reply #27 on: Jul 11, 2007, 09:18 »
If you plan on coming in with Bartlett don't get sick because you will lose your per diem for the days you miss. Also, don't get hurt or you will be given time off or terminated.

DHHII

« Reply #28 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:24 »
Thanks for the help.  I should be all set for now with the possible exception of 'must-sees' in the area for what may very well be a once in a lifetime trip. 

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2007, 01:46 »
Sun Set Motel on Telegraph Road charges 150/week single and 220/week double.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

justatech

« Reply #30 on: Oct 11, 2007, 05:28 »
Any truth to the rumor that someone drilled thru RCS pipes?   
(.......................Turkey Point all over again or not?............................. ......)
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007, 06:15 by justatech »

tadpole

« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2007, 08:20 »
Any truth to the rumor that someone drilled thru RCS pipes?   
(.......................Turkey Point all over again or not?............................. ......)

It's true, they found it today in the Dry Well. Closed down the Dry Wells, and posted security officers at all entrances to it. We had to do the buddy system in all vital areas of the plant. The FBI is there investigating as of 1900 today. They are talking about having a stand down and making all contractors leave the site until further notice, but that's talk as of now. I will try and update as I hear more info. Rumors are going around that someone also cut all the camera cords in the Dry Wells.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007, 08:23 by tadpole »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2007, 10:00 »
During a general walkdown of drywell equipment the NRC personnel noticed  what appears to be drill holes in the discharge piping of (3) SRV's.  None of the holes were completly through the piping, and they do not appear to be new.  However all personnel were removed from the drywell at 1300 hours and as of 1900 work had not resumed.  The site declared a unusual event and an investigation is underway.  No camera cords were cut.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #33 on: Oct 12, 2007, 06:44 »
Turkey Point all over again

If you aren't there yet, you probably don't want to go this year. It will be years before your clearance is straightened out again!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2007, 06:45 »
This press release is out now, and local news is reporting the incident in northwest Ohio.

www.nukeworker.com/news/facility_template.php?facility_news=Fermi+Nuclear+Power+Plant+location:MI
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Fermi2

« Reply #35 on: Oct 12, 2007, 07:09 »
I wonder if it's from the SRV Pressure Taps they moved in the mid 90s.

The Sun Set by the way is a No Tell Motel.

Mike

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 12, 2007, 07:27 »
If you aren't there yet, you probably don't want to go this year. It will be years before your clearance is straightened out again!

Actually I was at Turkey during the 'incident' and my security clearance took a whole week to get reinstated. I am sure there were people that had other experiences, but I thought the whole thing was handled pretty well, except for the techs that went across country and were told to go back. I know that hurt.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2007, 01:00 »
 :) All is well back in the drywell here at Fermi like nothing ever happened.We started back on Friday night and it's back to business, getting the plant back on line. Read the link on the main page about the incident from the Detroit Free Press. So back to work and Gett'er Done ;)
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #38 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:18 »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #39 on: Oct 18, 2007, 05:02 »
A warning for all Techs thinking of Fermi for 2009.    There has been a major change in the RP Department, and for the worse. 
#  after we were here 2 weeks we are told there is now a cap on travel, and that is why your check is short; we took it back.
# the normal $2. safety bonus and $2. bonus are now tied into Plant goals, so forget it.
# hard hats fall off when wearing the headsets supplied for Drywell use----one of our own was fired last night for not having his hardhat on.  No question, no opportunity to explain, just kick stones.  This from (deleted by moderator).....again....
# no more ALARA points or gifts.  (a small thing sure, but shows the new respect for Contractors)
#  Bartlett RPs not allowed to clear someone out of the Access.  Told by Guard "you are only a Suplimental.  I need a Real Technician"

Of course this all flows from the top, and from an RP stand point, this outage has not been planned, absolutely no organization, but lots of fingers pointing at "Suplimentals".
There is a new Big Dog in town, so hopefully the (deleted by moderator) Age will end soon.

Meanwhile, DTE and the Union have contractual issues, and now all House Techs. have been demoted to "Real Tech. status and the inexpierenced Managers are now on the floor as Lead Techs. 

Many of us (those dumb enough to have returned after the last debackle of an outage) are counting the days until we can put Fermi 2 behind us forever.

There are some real nice House Techs here; my wife and I shall miss them, but we will not be returning to visit.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 05:10 by Marlin »
Live Aloha

Fermi2

« Reply #40 on: Oct 18, 2007, 05:09 »
Too bad as they used to have a First Class RP Department.

My guess is it's not only a decision or decisions made on his part, it's a reflection on what is happening above him.
For the record, I don't even like the guy you mentioned but right is right.

Mike
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 07:05 by Rennhack »

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #41 on: Oct 18, 2007, 05:23 »
A warning for all Techs thinking of Fermi for 2009.    There has been a major change in the RP Department, and for the worse. 
#  after we were here 2 weeks we are told there is now a cap on travel, and that is why your check is short; we took it back.
# the normal $2. safety bonus and $2. bonus are now tied into Plant goals, so forget it.
# hard hats fall off when wearing the headsets supplied for Drywell use----one of our own was fired last night for not having his hardhat on.  No question, no opportunity to explain, just kick stones.  This from (deleted by moderator).....again....
# no more ALARA points or gifts.  (a small thing sure, but shows the new respect for Contractors)
#  Bartlett RPs not allowed to clear someone out of the Access.  Told by Guard "you are only a Suplimental.  I need a Real Technician"

Of course this all flows from the top, and from an RP stand point, this outage has not been planned, absolutely no organization, but lots of fingers pointing at "Suplimentals".
There is a new Big Dog in town, so hopefully the (deleted by moderator) Age will end soon.

Meanwhile, DTE and the Union have contractual issues, and now all House Techs. have been demoted to "Real Tech. status and the inexpierenced Managers are now on the floor as Lead Techs. 

Many of us (those dumb enough to have returned after the last debackle of an outage) are counting the days until we can put Fermi 2 behind us forever.

There are some real nice House Techs here; my wife and I shall miss them, but we will not be returning to visit.
Sounds like the good ol' days. It would be a damn shame if the supplimentals caught that nasty flu bug going around.

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #42 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:57 »
The day after NW posting, when I went to work, I was told there was a "special" layoff today...2 Techs.  The Makuas!!
Attached to the layoff order was a copy of the NW posting.  Go figure.  Of course this was expected from the same site that only 2 weeks ago ordered another "special" lay off for all the Technicians that had called out sick this outage.  That layoff was canceled due to interference by a Bartlett Supplemental. 
Also, even though USA Technicians were issued lockers, the locker room and restroom was not made available to Bartlett (Male) Techs.
Final comment: If you haven't been to Fermi lately, you don't know jack about intimidation of Blue hats.
Live Aloha

Fermi2

« Reply #43 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:14 »
You deserved it.

Mike

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #44 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:47 »
 I started in 81 or 82 who counts after so many. I've been through some bad jobs over the years. being I deconned for most of that.I've never seen a place like (Fermi.decon ). The house contact has everyone so job scared it isn't funny. They refer to the core techs. as house,but the same person  That signs thier Paychecks... signs mine. I will say the average age for decon is 18 to 23,most of which has less then 3 jobs. The way I see it job knowledge was not required.I saw things go on there that would never happen anywhere else. I will say that I  will flip burgers at Micky-D's or stand in a bread line before I go back there. The whole time I was there I would sit in the break room and want to cry because I couldn't even quit.I do want to say the plant itself and other departments were not bad it is just the decon depart.  that sucks
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #45 on: Oct 31, 2007, 06:15 »
A few days ago I made a post. I thought a person had freedom of speech. I was simply stating how I felt about the place myself,each person has his or her own mind and takes things different.Things I see or dislike someone else may not. I had some good friends there that through the years I have enjoyed working with one of which I did wrong by my post for this I'm so... so... sorry.I would have never posted if I would have know the final results ,like I said before I was stating how myself and some others felt ,but was afraid to say. I'm so!!!!  sorry buddy
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2007, 07:15 by RELLISON62 »
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Fermi2

« Reply #46 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:30 »
Follow my rule when I see something that upsets me. Wait 24 hours THEN post!

Mike

Jr8black3

« Reply #47 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:59 »
Bobby, aka booger, you did a good job up here at Fermi,, You left here with a good reference and a good evalution ,and hmm the site manager got you the NU test and you passed,, and now there all :/....me included.. your post was a personal insult to me I don't treat people like that and you know it,, I've known you now for over 20 years and you know me better then that..

Jr8black3

« Reply #48 on: Oct 31, 2007, 09:08 »
All Kidding aside remember Bobby I fired you at Millstone in 87,, hey kid you came along way

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #49 on: Nov 01, 2007, 04:39 »
yes he has.  I worked with boog down at oconee and he was a good JR tech and busted his butt to help us all.  more than once I would be on my way out the door to take care of something and I would hear "boog already got that!" thanks boog.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?