Fermi NPP

Above Average
30 (50.8%)
Average
11 (18.6%)
Below Average
18 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Fermi NPP  (Read 125698 times)

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
Re: Fermi NPP
« Reply #75 on: Nov 25, 2008, 07:57 »
Hey there Fermi Fans ;D Well have been here on site since Nov. 3rd and things are definitley changing. Although there are a few growing pains the stress level has come down here ;DThere are some changes for the good from RPM on down. Looking forward to a great outage the end of March 09.

If you like a challenge as a RP such as: rock climbing ;sky diving; or are just a thrill seeker; may I suggest the Fermi Dry Well for you. :P This is a younger more inavative RP Department than most. So if you want a change of pace give Scott a call at Bartlett for your Travel needs.;)

But seriously we don't use the "J" word around these parts anymore :o
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

dwireman

« Reply #76 on: Dec 06, 2008, 04:48 »
2 Places for rent:

2963 N. Dixie Hwy ( across from Circle K store)
3 miles from plant entrance.
3 Bedroom furnished, $750.00/Mo. plus $50.00/Mo.
for each additional occupant. Includes all utilities,
plus cable tv.  Located above a small strip mall,
plenty of parking and relatively quiet both day and
night.  Contact Mary at 734-289-2938 for availability.
I rented this place 4 of the five times I have been here.

2 Bedroom house for rent, furnished, with washer and dryer.
3036 Monrona Dr. in Detroit Beach subdivision, this is a really
nice place, completely renovated. Very clean. 3.5 miles fron
Fermi 2.
$1000.00/Mo, includes utilities, plus cable.
Contact Larry at 734-289-4131.

ls13

Getting in DTE Energy plant in monroe
« Reply #77 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:39 »
I have a poss test scheduled for next month for dte energy in detroit. can anyone throw some light on the hiring process in this energy company?. will they move fast if i clear the poss?.thanks

Also, appreciate if anyone can post the next promotions to nuclear operator and the qualifications to climb the company ladder.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2009, 06:00 by ls13 »

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
« Reply #78 on: Feb 11, 2009, 08:10 »
Well it all depends, but most of the time DTE corp. moves slow. I take that you are appling for an operations position. The other thing is due to the state of the economy they have frozen most new hires unless there is budget money for that position. This is a good place to work, as far as advancement up the ladder a lot of ops in front of you are young. :o
Hope this helps you out.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2009, 08:13 by rocknrollrick »
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
« Reply #79 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:49 »
 ;D Well here we go,ready or not!!  The outage is underway we have had some challenges but would like to give a shout out to all the Bartlett RP's for being patient. We have had a lot of them really step up to the plate. I'm sure we still will have more challenges in the upcoming days but I thank all for their professionalism. Remember the theme for this one "It is what it is"
RFO1 Revision 13. ;D

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
« Reply #80 on: Apr 29, 2009, 04:10 »
 ;)Well the reactor is critical at 4:05am time to start heating up. Once again would like to thank all the RP's and Deconners on the night shift for their hard work. At the start it looked like it was going to be a real mess but we made it through, hopefully with some lessons learned. :D To everyone traveling be save and we'll see you down the road.  :P

Cathy

« Reply #81 on: Aug 18, 2010, 04:59 »
Can anybody fill me in on the current requirements for footwear for HP/RP techs for the outage?

Jr8black3

« Reply #82 on: Aug 18, 2010, 05:16 »
Steel toe or composite toe with leather uppers.

Sun Dog

« Reply #83 on: Aug 18, 2010, 05:58 »
Steel toe or composite toe with leather uppers.

A.K.A. footwear that meets ANSI Z41.1 requirements.

I strongly suggest picking up a pair of Timberland PRO® TiTan®.  I wear Style #50507.  They have non-metallic toe caps, eyelets, and shanks so passing straight through the metal detectors is a breeze.  They are light weight and very comfortable with nearly zero break-in period.  They feel right in cold or hot weather.  If you are a Sparkie, they even meet ANSI Z41PT99, ASTM F2412-05 and F2413-05 standards to provide protection from open circuits.

If you shop Amazon, you can order a pair for about $110 and they will be on your doorstep in a few days.

twinturbo427

« Reply #84 on: Aug 18, 2010, 08:29 »
I found them for $99.99 here:    http://www.familyfootwearcenter.com/Timberland-PRO-TiTAN-6-Composite-Toe-Work-Boot-Black-p226.html

and here, $103.20 with free standard shipping:     http://www.zappos.com/timberland-pro-titan-6-composite-toe-black

thanks for the tip Sun Dog.   +K

radbrat

« Reply #85 on: Aug 20, 2010, 08:52 »
Out of the Fermi safety handbook: "Suitable work shoes are defined as all leather uppers and slip resistant soles to adequately protect the feet and provide surefootedness on all surfaces".  The toolcrib will provide extra PPE as required for the hazards encountered, even spikes for traveling across ice, which you may or may not encounter.                             
Steel toe or composite toe with leather uppers. This is a Bartlett requirement.

Sun Dog

« Reply #86 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:04 »
Out of the Fermi safety handbook: "Suitable work shoes are defined as all leather uppers and slip resistant soles to adequately protect the feet and provide surefootedness on all surfaces".  The toolcrib will provide extra PPE as required for the hazards encountered, even spikes for traveling across ice, which you may or may not encounter.                              

Thanks for the input.

It should not matter whether your employer requires ANSI approved footwear or lets you run around in leather sneakers.  Do not take a minimalistic approach to your personal safety.  Manufacturers have made great strides (no pun intended) in producing ANSI approved footwear that is comfortable and affordable.  There is no upside to wearing anything less.

JMNSHO.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010, 06:07 by Sun Dog »

Jr8black3

« Reply #87 on: Aug 20, 2010, 02:44 »
RAD BRAT you have to walk over a 1/4 of a mile to get to the tool crib,,duh..

How dumb can you be and still intake air..

mostlyharmless

« Reply #88 on: Aug 26, 2010, 10:03 »
Rockport makes a variety of safety shoes that are very comfortable. If you are going to be using them for work and not just just the occasional walk around the site,then comfort is important. Since comfort is purely subjective you should try them on first. All shoes vary within the brand and within a particular style. And there are many outlets for purchase. Find a brand and style you can live with,but in the case of safety shoes,function is more important than style. My shoes are not pretty but they are comfortable.

Fermi2

« Reply #89 on: Aug 22, 2013, 08:42 »
I'm interviewing in Ops and Engineering Training on September 5th.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #90 on: Aug 23, 2013, 08:34 »
Back to Fermi Mike?  Say hi to Lynne Goodman.
LM

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2015, 09:00 »
Just because the NRC says yes, doesn't mean they are going to build it.  In fact they don't plan to build it now.  They just want to have the option available when they are ready. -- Which is still a good thing.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2015, 09:25 »
A good thing indeed! As an additional bonus, the seismic engineers and accelerometer techs will finally get some overdue respect!  :P

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:26 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 09:42 »
They haven't set any money aside nor made a rate case for construction. Their base load is lowering and DTE is too bottom line a company to build another nuke. The first one nearly bankrupted them and they are seeing the construction and cost over runs at Southern and SCANA. It will never happen .

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2015, 08:20 »
DTE depends on coal for a majority of their power production.  And we all know how that is working out..
LM

Offline pinhead

• Lurker
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05 »
DTE depends on coal for a majority of their power production.  And we all know how that is working out..
LM

DTE will be closing alot of the coal plants very shortly. They are jumping on the "gas" bandwagon.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2015, 12:24 »
Well they are a gas company too. They will keep Monroe, Bell River and a few Rouge units open as it makes sense as they are big, paid off, have the modifications they need and are proven money makes. Chunk down a couple big Gas turbines and they easily make up for any power needs. What they won't do is chunk down 9 or 10 billion for a nuke

Offline pinhead

• Lurker
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2015, 12:35 »
Well they are a gas company too. They will keep Monroe, Bell River and a few Rouge units open as it makes sense as they are big, paid off, have the modifications they need and are proven money makes. Chunk down a couple big Gas turbines and they easily make up for any power needs. What they won't do is chunk down 9 or 10 billion for a nuke

Copy that!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #99 on: Sep 12, 2021, 06:07 »
I assume Fermi is still a union plant? Do the RP supplemental techs have to join the union and/or pay dues?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?