Fermi NPP

Above Average
30 (50.8%)
Average
11 (18.6%)
Below Average
18 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Fermi NPP  (Read 125798 times)

Jerseyboy

Re: Fermi NPP
« Reply #50 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:51 »
It's been 8 years since I was a road tech. and remember things that I did'nt always agree with at a particular site or sites. I'm a house tech. for Entergy and at times we do goofy things but just make the money and move on. I agree with Broadzilla about waiting a little bit before you say or do something. I've said things in the past that maybe I should have calmed down some before continuing with my rant but I had to deal with the outcome. Which was not being considered for a management position during the allignment process. If the same situation happened to me again I would probably do or say something similar but word my comments different while insulting my management. Not good advice but house boys can step in it too.   

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #51 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:29 »
(jr8black3)
I think this is something we need to discuss in private,but you can't do that.I only regret one thing about my post and that  is a very good freind took it wrong. I'm going to say a few things and then that is all I'm going to say on this or any other post.We have the freedom of speech.I'm very sorry you took it the way you did,but if you would remember I told you the two things keeping me there and that was my next job and a word to a freind because where I come from freindship means something.I didn't say anything about you(yOU MAY BE THE ONE PLUS ABOUT THAT PLACE).I was at that job in 87,you know yourself I run to work not from it ( anyone knows me knows that ). You know that was when I was young and dumb and if you remember that was pre- FFd days so my exit was self caused not work related. I also thing it was the site rep that let me go. We all have a past I'm not proud but I will not hide it.I want to say to the ones that stated to wait,if you weren't there you wouldn't know.I have made my last statement on this post.I want you to know I only respect those who deserve it and I think you know where that lies with you buddy.I'm just sorry I lost agood freind
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Fermi2

« Reply #52 on: Nov 01, 2007, 08:01 »
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...

Mike

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 01, 2007, 10:27 »
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...

Mike
Or "As the Stomach Churns" 

Old Carol Burnett fan.
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 01, 2007, 10:45 »
Just a reminder from the first post on each of these threads.

"Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil." Michael Rennhack

Thanks

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #55 on: Nov 05, 2007, 06:56 »
Just wondering how the Fermi outage is going?  and I wanna give a shout out to the dayshift drywell crew.   It was fun.  In 2 weeks I have hit my head 2683 times less working Oconee's containment compared to fermi's drywell. They actually have "real" elevations here.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

stownsend

« Reply #56 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:52 »
,and hmm the site manager got you the NU test and you passed,

Is this true. He gave a copy of the NU test?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #57 on: Nov 09, 2007, 06:18 »
Is this true. He gave a copy of the NU test?
Thats not what that says.  It says that the Site Coordinator arranged for the person to take the test.

dhemmele

« Reply #58 on: Nov 12, 2007, 01:19 »
Is it true that the Radwaste personnel at Fermi are required to ask permission to use the restroom? >:(

Fermi2

« Reply #59 on: Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 »
Furnished 2 bed room house all utilities included, washer/dryer , Quiet safe sub division on Lake Erie. $275 weekly Single person or 2 people sharing $200 each per week, for more details, call Lynda or Adrian tel 734 652 5606 or e mail lyndajean47-mi hotmail.com .

Aren't you like, a week late?

Mike

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 26, 2007, 02:18 »
Well drove down I-75 passing through on Friday 23rd and steam was coming from the towers. Finally back on line ;D This was not the normal Fermi outage but would like to thank everyone for the 7 weeks of overtime and the bumps and lumps that the drywell provided :o If you like rock climbing, hiking and heights, stop in next outage and ask to work in the dry-well. To all the house techs good-luck on the contract talks. Until Next Time :P
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007, 02:21 by rocknrollrick »
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

theman

« Reply #61 on: Nov 28, 2007, 01:49 »
Hey , Guys:  I stayed at Best Western in monroe, Mi. Just east of I-75 and about 6 miles west of the plant. On dixie hgwy, they were the best bang for your buck hotel on weekly deals in the erea for what they had to offer within all the 8 hotels in this area. And trust me i tried shoping all around. There front desk staff was very frindly, and didnt seem to mind to go out of there way to help.

The rooms were clean, and I didnt have to worry about my stuff being gone though. and they cleaned my room every day. they personaly call you, if you need a wake-up call. there office doors are open for continental breakfast at 5:00am
they have a pretty good breakfast. 

Such as pancakes,wallfles,bagels,fresh fruit,danishes,hot oatmeal,juice,cereal,milk,donuts,breads,boiled eggs,yogart
and of course coffee. One of my highlights was on tuesdays, which was a free guest appreciation dinner, they had every tuesday.

which offered  steamed vegs, chile, soup, spagettie, pizza, subs. you cant find that just anywhere. all included in my weekly price. also they have a guest lanundry on site, and I didnt have to leave the property which save me gas, and time.

In each room they have refrigeratiors & microwaves, coffee maker, hair dryer, 27"tvs with free H.B.O. and you can park at your door. They have free high speed wireless internet which I took advantage of. Also they have a computer in the lobby for guest to use free of charge.  Free local calls, restaurants walking distance such as Bob Evans, Burger King, Red Lopster. They have an outdoor heated pool.

Free fax and copy service is available. also postage and stationay is available. also they have kitchenettes in suites which I looked at and very nice,  I had a pleasant stay with this hotel, the nicest Ive stayed in for a long time. and the hotel staff is outstanding. I will go back in the near future. I promissed the staff that I would post this on our web site. You've got to stay there to see for your self.

illegalsmile

« Reply #62 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:31 »
Rick, ya need t'change your avatar, man. RadBitch already has that one and she looks a lot better in it than you do.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:26 »
Rick, ya need t'change your avatar, man. RadBitch already has that one and she looks a lot better in it than you do.

I agree 100%

illegalsmile

« Reply #64 on: Dec 22, 2007, 09:12 »
Unless he's a cross dresser?  (j/k)

Oh Yeah ..... Back (mmmhhhuuummmmmmm*sound of clearing my throat*) on Topic if all would be so kind.
Since Rick is a 'fixture' at Fermi, talkin' about Rick IS on topic ;)

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2008, 12:43 »
Opp's must have left my log on open and somebody thought they could have fun!!!
Just back from vacation and at Calvert
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:29 »
Opp's must have left my log on open and somebody thought they could have fun!!!
Just back from vacation and at Calvert

:) much better  :)

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
Fermi 2
« Reply #67 on: Jun 11, 2008, 12:09 »
As I promised my many friends (House Tech.s) at Fermi; I am posting a retraction of my negative comments on Fermi.
The root of evil, here, has been removed.  Radcon is in the process of replacing it's Leadership and things can
only improve from this point.  The issues with Decon are also being addressed.  Fermi has been reinstated on
my own outage schedule and I encourage my fellow RPs to return. 
Live Aloha

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
Re: Fermi 2
« Reply #68 on: Jun 11, 2008, 01:39 »
Yes how things are changing up there.  Just hope I never have to do an outage up there or anywhere unless I want to.
Laundry Man

Fermi2

« Reply #69 on: Jun 11, 2008, 02:09 »
What exactly happened up there? When I left Lance, Big Dog, and Hal were running the Radcon Dept. Now I know Hal left and now he's at TVA. But what happened to the others?

The Techs there were wonderful people. Very helpful, great guys and party animals. The actual deconners were excellent guys. I especially liked the ones that eventually became Operators but in fact I tended to like that whole department.

Mike

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #70 on: Jun 11, 2008, 07:22 »
Mike,  Jack finally took pity on the RP department and resigned.

I haven't been in the plant for the last couple of days, but I could have sworn I saw little people skipping around singing about someone dropping a house. ;)

J Jones
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #71 on: Jun 12, 2008, 08:22 »
Mike,
Lance is out of the department, the "new RPM" left, Jack is headed east, Big Dog runs the office for now, and no one is in the pipe line for RPM since the Rad Engineering Manager left over a year ago.  They could bring Ed back? If senior management was smart, they might consider rehiring a certain individual.  They have had a major brain drain as those with a majority of the HP knowledge such as Dr Bill are gone.
LM

Fermi2

« Reply #72 on: Jun 12, 2008, 01:01 »
Big Dog and Lance are good people. What is Lance doing now?

I never got along with Jack. I doubt he meant bad but he wasn't the brightest crayola in a pack of 512.

The RPM Job sounds good. Do you know I applied for it once?

JJones, HEY MAN! I would have known it was you without the JJones. Gary Casey and I were just talking about you the other day.

Mike

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
« Reply #73 on: Jun 12, 2008, 08:09 »
Big Dog and Lance are good people. What is Lance doing now?

I never got along with Jack. I doubt he meant bad but he wasn't the brightest crayola in a pack of 512.

The RPM Job sounds good. Do you know I applied for it once?

JJones, HEY MAN! I would have known it was you without the JJones. Gary Casey and I were just talking about you the other day.

Mike

Well I just included it to make sure you knew who it was.  And you weren't the only one who didn't get along with Jack.  Come to think of it, there may only be one or two who did.

And whatever Gary said, I'm sure it's not true.   ;)
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
« Reply #74 on: Aug 13, 2008, 01:36 »
I took the Northeast at Fermi this past fall for the first time and passed it.  As far as I have known, it was credited to me, noone has ever said different up till recently when a buddy of mine said that the person who administered the test to us was out of date for his quals and that our scores were not credited.  has anyone heard about this because I really dont want to take that test again.  even though I am a jr, it was nice to know it was out of the way for now.

Nick

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?