Hanford

Above Average
12 (27.3%)
Average
11 (25%)
Below Average
21 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Hanford  (Read 264524 times)

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
Re: Hanford Union
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09 »
It is difficult to keep ones head above water when drowning in the sea of union puss. 8)  It kind of makes me cringe when I see a huge ironworker or IBEW sticker on a lifted truck blowing rocks all over my honda.

Offline pringles can

• Light User
Re: quess on the union number being laid off???
« Reply #226 on: Jun 06, 2011, 04:26 »
Anyone heard any numbers as of June 1?

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #227 on: Jun 06, 2011, 05:03 »
I believe the self select just closed in CHPRC. It will take them a couple weeks I suspect to come up the numbers.

105kw

Content1

« Reply #228 on: Jun 06, 2011, 11:22 »
At the place i work they are holding off hiring until they see how many laid off people come on the market, hoping to get highly experienced people for a song.  They layoffs effect all DOE sites.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Hanford
« Reply #229 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:28 »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline pringles can

• Light User
« Reply #230 on: Jun 14, 2011, 06:41 »
With about 150 taking the self-select, I wonder what that will mean for the final numbers concerning RCT's.  It may mean that they are kept according to work ethic, profetionalism, and general not acting like a child.  Oh yeah, it won't.  All hail HAMTC!

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
« Reply #231 on: Jun 14, 2011, 06:44 »
LOL!  It may affect the final number though.  I did hear some younger house techs even took the self select which suprised me.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #232 on: Jun 15, 2011, 09:04 »
With about 150 taking the self-select, I wonder what that will mean for the final numbers concerning RCT's.  It may mean that they are kept according to work ethic, profetionalism, and general not acting like a child.  Oh yeah, it won't.  All hail HAMTC!

I heard a long time ago "Seniority sux until you got some"..Still rings true today ;)

105KW

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #233 on: Jul 06, 2011, 02:45 »
K heres the latest "rumors"....

Rumor #1: Coming from a guy almost as high as you can go that 65% budget cut. How that relates to RADCON I'm not sure number wise. Whats your guess?

Rumor #2: RADCON 50% cut across techs, supervisors, managers, health physicists, engineers. etc... Came from someone in RADCON higher than a manager

So whith that what do we think the tech number will be.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #234 on: Jul 06, 2011, 07:03 »
K heres the latest "rumors"....

Rumor #1: Coming from a guy almost as high as you can go that 65% budget cut. How that relates to RADCON I'm not sure number wise. Whats your guess?

Rumor #2: RADCON 50% cut across techs, supervisors, managers, health physicists, engineers. etc... Came from someone in RADCON higher than a manager

So whith that what do we think the tech number will be.

Funny thing on this RIF is the lack of rumors. Usually when we go through this there is all kinds of numbers flying.  The few rumors that we are hearing that seem to have some substance is:

1.   CHGPRC including T plant, PFP and Wrap are looking at fairly large cuts. (Hearing again "min safe" in conversations..remember though every budget year you hear talk of somebody going to min safe..Usually doesn't happen ) I know that some exempts in Radcon are concerned for there own jobs. Some have already moved to other  positions.

2.  WRPS if they don't find a new pot of money,   might lose up to 400 + workers total including exempts. Nobody is saying how many Radcon. Word is WRPs is eyeing some money that is slated for waste transfer to Vit.   This really may not play out as this is all coming from WRPS.

3. Heard for the first time today that numbers for the layoff  should be out in about 1 week. Don't hold breath as we have heard that before...but who knows.

4.  I have always thought that 500 on the list was a reasonable number. 745 today with the contractors and temps. I haven't heard anything that would make me change my mind. The only that has changed is the unknown factor of the real budget of WRPS. Will they Lose 100 million or not ?

Thats all we are hearing. Should know in a couple weeks anyway as the deadline for the WARN notices is creeping up on them.

105 KW :-\

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2011, 08:58 by 105KW »

reckingballc

Anti-HAMTC
« Reply #235 on: Jul 06, 2011, 07:08 »
Anything against HAMTC is wecomed here...have at it ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Anti-HAMTC
« Reply #236 on: Jul 06, 2011, 08:24 »

Ok...having at it!

milo124

« Reply #237 on: Jul 07, 2011, 01:06 »

Wecomed?  You should stick with HAMTC.

reckingballc

« Reply #238 on: Jul 07, 2011, 02:45 »
Ya,  I'm an incompetent RCT from HAMTC. Can't you tell from my professional training and/or writing skills? Wecomed, is how we do it out here on the funny farm. Nice try with your intellectual wit, sir. Have fun on the entitlement drive home.

milo124

« Reply #239 on: Jul 07, 2011, 05:54 »
Did you really expect a serious answer to your original post?

tagline

« Reply #240 on: Jul 08, 2011, 01:23 »
Just curious........is this the HAMTC that is acting like a union but is just taking money from workers?

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #241 on: Jul 08, 2011, 03:22 »
Just curious........is this the HAMTC that is acting like a union but is just taking money from workers?

Hamtc is not a union in itself.  It is an umbrella organization of local unions.

105KW

tagline

« Reply #242 on: Jul 08, 2011, 06:10 »
Hamtc is not a union in itself.  It is an umbrella organization of local unions.

105KW

Thanks for the clarification. So, is this the umbrella orgainization of local unions that acts like a bunch of unions but just takes money off of workers?

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #243 on: Jul 08, 2011, 08:59 »
Why all the complaints about the union?

As a lowlife contract tech, I am happy to pay the union dues so that I can make ten dollars an hour more than my outage counterparts can.   I have worked in nuclear power plants most of my career and frankly, there are more than a few of them that treat contract techs like crap.  The management and house techs treat me as an equal here and I love it.

If you think the unions are somehow magicians and can keep people employed when the government cuts the budget by 65% then you must be in need of a FFD checkup.

tagline

« Reply #244 on: Jul 09, 2011, 07:42 »
Why all the complaints about the union?

As a lowlife contract tech, I am happy to pay the union dues so that I can make ten dollars an hour more than my outage counterparts can.   I have worked in nuclear power plants most of my career and frankly, there are more than a few of them that treat contract techs like crap.  The management and house techs treat me as an equal here and I love it.

If you think the unions are somehow magicians and can keep people employed when the government cuts the budget by 65% then you must be in need of a FFD checkup.

Sorry, but I am kinda lost my your last sentence. I thought that the whole point was that the union sucks. Being in a union is not going to do you any good if there is no money coming in. What has the union done that has really helped anyone here? I am an Obama baby here. One of the union reps told me that I would not be paid the wage that I am if not for the union. That statement on its own told me a whole lot about the union right there. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for all the money that I have made at Hanford. But my money I got here was because of the laws not the union. All the union is doing is taking my money and not giving me any representation at all. No one forced me to stay here but I am just the sort that wants something for the money I spend. Thanks for letting me rant. Peace.

Sun Dog

« Reply #245 on: Jul 09, 2011, 08:46 »

Sorry, but I am kinda lost my your last sentence. I thought that the whole point was that the union sucks. Being in a union is not going to do you any good if there is no money coming in. What has the union done that has really helped anyone here? I am an Obama baby here. One of the union reps told me that I would not be paid the wage that I am if not for the union. That statement on its own told me a whole lot about the union right there. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for all the money that I have made at Hanford. But my money I got here was because of the laws not the union. All the union is doing is taking my money and not giving me any representation at all. No one forced me to stay here but I am just the sort that wants something for the money I spend. Thanks for letting me rant. Peace.

Evidence that chum works even when going for sucker fish.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #246 on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:35 »
because of the laws not the union. All the union is doing is taking my money and not giving me any representation at all. No one forced me to stay here but I am just the sort that wants something for the money I spend. Thanks for letting me rant. Peace.

Not being argumentative here, but what laws are you talking about ?  Are you Talking about Davis Bacon ?   Davis Bacon wages are based on prevailing wages of the area. I would submit that prevailing wages for Hanford are directly tied to contract negotiations. Seems you might have some issues that you feel that your steward is not handling for you.  I would really like to know what they are. Maybe I can point you in a better direction to get them resolved.

Have a great week !

105KW

tagline

« Reply #247 on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:40 »
Yeah, it is tied into the Davis-Bacon act. We are not Davis Bacon here tho. We are Service Contract Agreement. DOL states that all work will be paid pravailing wage. Who sets the prevailing wage, the union or was this something from very many moons ago? I do not know all the answers but it is all available to all.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #248 on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:49 »
Yeah, it is tied into the Davis-Bacon act. We are not Davis Bacon here tho. We are Service Contract Agreement. DOL states that all work will be paid pravailing wage. Who sets the prevailing wage, the union or was this something from very many moons ago? I do not know all the answers but it is all available to all.

The wage at Hanford is set at every contract negotiations. The negotiations committee is formed by differant members of the individual local unions in HAMTC. In the years I have been the here ,the contract opens with the current wage and a yearly increase is typically negotiatied.

!05kw
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011, 01:51 by 105KW »

Offline pringles can

• Light User
« Reply #249 on: Jul 11, 2011, 02:32 »
In my opinion, unions are needed.  However unions have gone out of control.  There is an absolute vacuum of accountability here at the Lazy H, and I attribute that to union mentality.  Despite claims of "brotherhood", everything is all about #1.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?