Hanford

Above Average
12 (27.3%)
Average
11 (25%)
Below Average
21 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Hanford  (Read 265069 times)

Offline pringles can

• Light User
Re: quess on the union number being laid off???
« Reply #300 on: Sep 15, 2011, 12:27 »
Kris Pringle?  That is very witty.  If only I had the ability to come up with such deep cutting insults.  This layoff has been handled deplorably.  Many people here have been through several layoffs, most all are of the opinion that this is the worst handling of a layoff that they have seen.  Hopefully you made the cut Snowman.  Love you.

Offline nukecheese

• Light User
« Reply #301 on: Sep 15, 2011, 02:01 »
With ARRA money these labs piled us up like cord wood.  Lots of projects lots of work.  Now that the time and money are gone, whether through careful/thoughtful spending or waste we are being cast adrift like ashes in the wind.  I don't know about you guys and girls but at $35 an hour and a hundred a day only a dumb ash wouldn't do it again.  Happy motoring to the next job, may your future be filled with health and wealth.

Offline Terranear

• Very Lite User
« Reply #302 on: Sep 21, 2011, 06:58 »
So do we have a final head count for RCT's.  What's the last person who's bieng laid off seniority number? 

Offline Protectologist

• Gold Member
« Reply #303 on: Sep 22, 2011, 08:21 »
I heard the number was back above 480. At least one of the ARRA techs is staying now. Don't be surprised if the number is back above 500 by the end of the year. CH2MHill is still trying to figure out what it takes to do the work they're committed to complete. After that all bets are off on call backs.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #304 on: Sep 22, 2011, 05:20 »
I heard the number was back above 480. At least one of the ARRA techs is staying now. Don't be surprised if the number is back above 500 by the end of the year. CH2MHill is still trying to figure out what it takes to do the work they're committed to complete. After that all bets are off on call backs.

As of late Wednesday CH has called back 7. This is unconfirmed as the company has not informed the union of the actual numbers.  I suspect the numbers will continue to change.  Right now the challenge is make sure the bump and roll process is done correctly.  A few mistakes have already been caught and corrected. I would suspect the numbers would firm up a bit by 10/3.

105 KW

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #305 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:53 »
I myself was called back after life 70 hours of being laid off!

Yes there was indeed 8 called back. so the that makes us around 480 right now.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #306 on: Sep 23, 2011, 04:20 »
I myself was called back after life 70 hours of being laid off!

Yes there was indeed 8 called back. so the that makes us around 480 right now.

The "official" number is sitting at 482. Rumor has it there are 2 more that  have been contacted, but the hall has not received notice on them.   And the Beat goes on and on and.... :)

105 KW

Offline Terranear

• Very Lite User
« Reply #307 on: Oct 04, 2011, 06:09 »
New rumor has it that WRPS is bringing back 55 bargaining unit employees.  Any guesses as to how many of those could be RCT's.

duke99301

« Reply #308 on: Oct 05, 2011, 05:50 »
RCTs whats going on withthe operators if it was not for them the rcts would not have a job

Offline Protectologist

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: Oct 05, 2011, 11:45 »
RCTs identify that work needs to be done, RCTs define the scope of work that needs to be done, RCTs determine whether or not the work is being done successfully, RCTs verify that the work is complete, RCTs to the final status survey documenting that the project was successful. Perhaps RCTs and Operators have equal parts to play in the D&D process. When they bring back NCOs perhaps they will need to bring back RCTs to cover them.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #310 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:55 »
New rumor has it that WRPS is bringing back 55 bargaining unit employees.  Any guesses as to how many of those could be RCT's.

haven't heard of any RCT's being recalled at the farms.

105KW

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #311 on: Oct 13, 2011, 06:37 »
Heard over the weekend that Tank Farm Projects re-organized to 19 techs. That's down from about 30.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #312 on: Oct 13, 2011, 06:51 »
Heard over the weekend that Tank Farm Projects re-organized to 19 techs. That's down from about 30.

True.  Took some from projects and spread them out to base ops, labs and closure.

105Kw

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #313 on: Nov 14, 2011, 02:22 »
Here we go again.

Well I survived the cut ad was bumped down to WCH\ESHI. On Friday some guys were talking about layoffs in January here on this side. So i asked my group of people including my supervisor and he said if there is any for Radcon that it would be more on the lines of after April of 2012.

Anybody have a clue on this new rumor? And what is our new number as off today of techs?

I sure hope we don’t get laid off 3 months after being called back......

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
Re: Upcoming Hanford Site Layoffs
« Reply #314 on: Nov 14, 2011, 02:22 »
Here we go again.

Well I survived the cut ad was bumped down to WCH\ESHI. On Friday some guys were talking about layoffs in January here on this side. So i asked my group of people including my supervisor and he said if there is any for Radcon that it would be more on the lines of after April of 2012.

Anybody have a clue on this new rumor?

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #315 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:52 »
I know that there's a new rumor a day - or an hour - at Hanford but I've talked to some friends still there who say that most places are ghost towns with no work getting done. I've heard rumors about staffing up again to some level in the spring to start getting things done. Maybe the pendulum will swing back toward the middle just a little?

LaFeet

« Reply #316 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:53 »
The numbers are out !!   More than 1 and less than 3000.  Pink slips are a flying......

Meanwhile I type away on another procedure in sunny Houston.....

Good luck to those leaving

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #317 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:46 »
Here we go again.

Anybody have a clue on this new rumor? And what is our new number as off today of techs?

Looks like hiring is slowly starting again....Check your PM

105KW

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #318 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:08 »
I've heard that work is very slow. Once a week or so someone gets a big idea to start a project and calls for a pre-job where not enough people show up (remember it takes about HP six techs and two IH techs to do anything) so everyone ambles back home. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back to the middle somewhere over the next couple of years. I wouldn't expect much until after the next election cycle.

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
callbacks
« Reply #319 on: Feb 21, 2012, 05:36 »
Hearing all sorts of rumors of call backs.  Any truth to them?

Offline Radiationman85

• Light User
« Reply #320 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:58 »
Herd today about about 20 give or take 5 being called back perm. negations in the works now.

Offline Safety Matt

• Moderate User
« Reply #321 on: Mar 14, 2012, 03:28 »
Herd today about about 20 give or take 5 being called back perm. negations in the works now.

doomed

Rad Honey

« Reply #322 on: Mar 14, 2012, 06:58 »
If they are hiring people back from the lay off list, they should be pushed over to the WCH side, and let the senior people go back to CHPRC. Seems like they are bending every rule they can, holding the forced over to WCH for a year, to do what dig dirt?  The union is all for the companies, and not for the people who pay them every week.
Take there tests, that have nothing to do with the work. Never train, just have books thrown at you, for you to read, and they test on what you read.
I glad they are taking people back, just torture, them on this side.

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
« Reply #323 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:54 »

Currently 8 Openings at WRPS.  I would expect them to be filled by lamp and possibly the backfills could come off the recall list...

105KW

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
Re: callbacks
« Reply #324 on: Mar 15, 2012, 02:02 »
 Well looks like the various companies have called back to about # 501 ( possibly more ) on the "old"  prelay off list... at least for some temporay work...WRPS has 8 openings posted for lamp. The backfills could possibly be filled by permanent call backs after the shuffle is done

105KW

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?