Kewaunee

Above Average
24 (63.2%)
Average
7 (18.4%)
Below Average
7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Kewaunee  (Read 88736 times)

FatMalky

Re: Kewaunee
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 08:32 »
Things didn't go too well last outage at Kewaunee but I have to say, I loved it up there.

The people were very friendly, the area was great and the food and beer were outstanding!!

What more do you need?

azupka

« Reply #51 on: Sep 20, 2007, 07:36 »
What job shops are filling engineering positions are Kewaunee?  My wife is being moved to Kewaunee and I'm looking for work there.

Thanks
Gus
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007, 07:41 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline hplynn

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #52 on: Sep 22, 2007, 04:14 »
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2007, 05:13 by Rennhack »

Offline meyer8906

• Very Lite User
Kewaunee Bonus
« Reply #53 on: Nov 13, 2007, 09:58 »
Kewaunee Bonus
Ten dollar an hour Bonus paid for straight time for Sr. Tech
$3.00 for Early Commit
$2.00 for Arrival & completion
$2.00 for SafetySix dollar an hour Bonus paid at straight time for Jr. Tech / Deconner
$3.00 for Returnee

Six dollar an hour Bonus paid at straight time for Jr. Tech / Deconner
$2.00 for Early Commit
$1.00 for Arrival & Completion
$2.00 for Safety
1.00 for Return

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Re: Kewaunee Bonus
« Reply #54 on: Nov 13, 2007, 02:44 »
Kewaunee Bonus
Ten dollar an hour Bonus paid for straight time for Sr. Tech
$3.00 for Early Commit
$2.00 for Arrival & completion
$2.00 for SafetySix dollar an hour Bonus paid at straight time for Jr. Tech / Deconner
$3.00 for Returnee

Six dollar an hour Bonus paid at straight time for Jr. Tech / Deconner
$2.00 for Early Commit
$1.00 for Arrival & Completion
$2.00 for Safety
1.00 for Return

Hey All - I hate to be a BuzzKill but the above bonus is not official (God know's I'd love it to be) and was not posted with Bartlett's or Kewaunee's consent.  We are trying to hammer out a bonus schedule and once that is done I, or one of the recruiters will release it - just dont want anyone to fall prey to those nasty nuclear rumors.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: Kewaunee Bonus
« Reply #55 on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:05 »
Hey All - I hate to be a BuzzKill but the above bonus is not official (God know's I'd love it to be) and was not posted with Bartlett's or Kewaunee's consent.  We are trying to hammer out a bonus schedule and once that is done I, or one of the recruiters will release it - just dont want anyone to fall prey to those nasty nuclear rumors.

Eric

Thanks EB for the update and keeping everyone on the straight and narrow. I was wondering where those numbers came from :o

K to 'ya 8)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline meyer8906

• Very Lite User
« Reply #56 on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:30 »
Just for your information, a Kewaunee Supervisor had asked that the Bonus Information be posted on Nukeworker.

Offline dose4dollars

• Light User
  • Cleveland Browns #1- Always a loyal fan
Re: Kewaunee - 2008 Outage
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:37 »
Cool, just got the word today - Pay and Bonus at Kewaunee.
Pay-
Sr. >8 yrs. $25.00
Sr. 18.1     $21.00
Jr. > 1 yr + NUF 80% = $16.00
Jr not meeting criteria above = $15.00
Sr. Deconners > 3 yrs = $16.00
Jr. Deconners = $13.00

Outage bonuses, starts on report date and ends on release by plant date: 
Sr. = $8.50/Hr -straight time and $12.75/Hr for Overtime
Jr's and all Deconners. = $5.00/Hr - straight time and $7.50/hr for overtime

Neat place to work too!

justatech

« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2008, 02:32 »
Kewaunee is a great place to work - RP group is very friendly and down to earth.
Great food in town - steak and potatoes type of town -  :P :P, reasonable room rates...................
All in all - ACES in my book.......................Ha ve fun..................wish I was there.

Jeremy

« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:52 »
Pay-
Sr. >8 yrs. $25.00
Sr. 18.1     $21.00
Jr. Deconners = $13.00

Neat place to work too!

Is this legit?  I don't want to sound rude, but I'd hate to think that it is true, and be disappointed when I go there this time around..
Regardless, sounds like a great place to work, really haven't heard anything bad about it, which is saying a lot.

Offline meyer8906

• Very Lite User
« Reply #60 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:38 »
Yes, Kewaunee is paying up to $8.50 an hour bonus. It is broken down into several categories as usual..early commitment, safety, favorable termination, returnee, etc. You can call Bartlett for the details, hopefully they'll give you the correct info. I will be there for the outage..and yes it is a great place to work. Still looking for Senior Techs, and Juniors. Staffing in early to mid march for April 1 shutdown date.

FatMalky

« Reply #61 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:42 »
Pay-
Sr. >8 yrs. $25.00
Sr. 18.1     $21.00
Jr. Deconners = $13.00

Neat place to work too!

I was told the bonus was breaker to breaker.

You sure it's paid from report date to release date?

Offline meyer8906

• Very Lite User
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2008, 12:13 »
It starts on your report date. First report date is March 3 or 10.
Mark Peroutka
RP Supervisor
920-388-8115

FatMalky

« Reply #63 on: Feb 22, 2008, 01:56 »
It starts on your report date. First report date is March 3 or 10.
Mark Peroutka
RP Supervisor
920-388-8115

Excellent, thanks Mark - that's really good to know.

Especially as I was told something different from Bartlett.

scottt66

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2008, 01:45 »
the best of the dominion plants as far as how people treat one another period. initial training was horrible but they are getting a new trainer. best location as far as proximity to bars, stores, apartments of all of big D's plants. Cheapest cost of living too. Supervision was great considering the processes they had to work with. If they get the right trainer the new Dominion processes should be implemented quickly with ease. Hope big D doesn't change how they treat one another and supplemental personel. Overall just a great place !

Offline Ahenriksen

• Very Lite User
« Reply #65 on: Nov 16, 2010, 07:01 »
Anyone out there working at kewaunee that can give me some advice. I live in La crosse for the time being and want to start a career in operations. I want to move and start a life where ever I get a job. I have a A.A.S. majoring in electrical engineering technology. I also have experience working as a electrical tech. Iv looked at the utilities site and I don't think there hiring for that position as of now but I will still be lurking around waiting for my chance.

My questions are:

1. Do they only hire people with references from inside the plant

2. Is it unlikely they will hire some one who doesn't live in the immediate area

I would appreciate greatly any input. Thank you.  :)

drayer54

« Reply #66 on: Oct 22, 2012, 09:13 »
http://www.4-traders.com/DOMINION-RESOURCES-INC-12255/news/Dominion-Resources-Inc-Dominion-To-Close-Decommission-Kewaunee-Power-Station-15412557/

Dominion Resources, Inc. : Dominion To Close, Decommission Kewaunee Power Station10/22/2012| 08:50am US/Eastern

RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion (NYSE: D) today said it plans to close and decommission its Kewaunee Power Station in Carlton, Wis., after the company was unable to find a buyer for the 556-megawatt nuclear facility. Pending a grid reliability review by the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator (MISO), the station is expected to cease power production in the second quarter of 2013 and move to safe shutdown.

Dominion announced in April 2011 that it would seek to sell Kewaunee as part of a regular review of its portfolio of assets to determine which assets fit strategically and support its objectives to improve return on invested capital and shareholder value. The company was unable to find a buyer for the facility.

"This was an extremely difficult decision, especially in light of how well the station is running and the dedication of the employees," said Thomas F. Farrell II, Dominion chairman, president and CEO. "This decision was based purely on economics. Dominion was not able to move forward with our plan to grow our nuclear fleet in the Midwest to take advantage of economies of scale. In addition, Kewaunee's power purchase agreements are ending at a time of projected low wholesale electricity prices in the region. The combination of these factors makes it uneconomic for Kewaunee to continue operations."

Farrell said the company's top priority will be a continued focus on safety.

"We intend to take all steps necessary to ensure the protection of the public, employees and the environment during the remaining period of power generation, as the station is shut down, and throughout the decommissioning process," Farrell said. "We will be vigilant, and we plan to make sure the facility has the resources it needs."

The station will remain under the oversight of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) throughout the decommissioning process.

Following station shutdown, Dominion plans to meet its obligations to the two utilities that purchase Kewaunee's generation through market purchases until the power purchase agreements expire in December 2013.

"One thing that should be perfectly clear is that the employees of Kewaunee have been doing an outstanding job, and this decision is in no way a reflection on them," Farrell said. "I want to thank them for all they have done, and Dominion will work to make the transition as smooth as possible for them and their communities. I also want to thank Governor Walker and other elected officials for their help and support since we purchased the station back in 2005. We regret leaving the positive business environment the State of Wisconsin provides."

Dominion plans to recognize an after-tax charge of $281 million in the third quarter of 2012 related to the closing and decommissioning of the station. The one-time charge will be excluded from operating earnings.

Dominion uses operating earnings as the primary performance measurement of its earnings guidance and results for public communications with analysts and investors. Dominion also uses operating earnings internally for budgeting, for reporting to the board of directors, for the company's incentive compensation plans, and for its targeted dividend payouts and other purposes. Dominion management believes operating earnings provide a more meaningful representation of the company's fundamental earnings power.

Kewaunee's decommissioning trust is currently fully funded, and the company believes that the amounts available in the trust plus expected earnings will be sufficient to cover all decommissioning costs expected to be incurred after the station closes.

Kewaunee Power Station, located on Lake Michigan about 35 miles southeast of Green Bay, began commercial operation in 1974. It has one Westinghouse pressurized water reactor. Dominion acquired the station in July 2005. In February 2011, the NRC renewed the station's operating license for an additional 20 years, until 2033.

Farrell said Dominion still firmly believes that nuclear energy must play an important part in the nation's energy future.

"History has proven that nuclear energy is a major reason the United States enjoys one of the most reliable, least expensive and cleanest electric grids in the world," he said. "The situation Dominion faces at Kewaunee is the result of circumstances unique to the station and do not reflect the nuclear industry in general. The nation will be hard-pressed to meet its energy needs, let alone do so in a secure and affordable manner, without a robust and growing nuclear energy program."

Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,400 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates the nation's largest natural gas storage system with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
« Reply #67 on: Oct 22, 2012, 09:48 »
 :-[  :-[

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?