Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Failed drug test implications? honeypot

Author Topic: Failed drug test implications?  (Read 78425 times)

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: Failed drug test implications?
« Reply #75 on: Sep 13, 2006, 07:53 »
I'm sure there are many ways to prove you have been drug free for 3 years but one way comes to mind.  Work for 3 years at a non-nuke facility that administers random drug test and show proof that you have passed all random drug test given to you while employed with that company.  Any other ideas to try to help this guy out?

Excellent thought, there are many such jobs out there, such as having a CDL for instance.

Karma to ya M1Ark  ;)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

highradsnake

« Reply #76 on: Sep 13, 2006, 08:03 »
To PWHoppe and Beercourt... extra karma to yinz ;) I respect both of ya for being able to see BOTH sides of the issue ;D To broadzilla and thenukieman... Well, I'd rather not say my "fitting" response, so I won't... :o :D I think some members SHOULD read the topic over and over until their noggins FINALLY understand ::) ;D

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #77 on: Sep 13, 2006, 11:30 »
I'm sure there are many ways to prove you have been drug free for 3 years but one way comes to mind.  Work for 3 years at a non-nuke facility that administers random drug test and show proof that you have passed all random drug test given to you while employed with that company.  Any other ideas to try to help this guy out?

CDL would be one route that satisfies this. DOT requirements...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #78 on: Sep 13, 2006, 12:18 »
There are also voluntary outpatient rehab programs that will admininster periodic testing as a requirement of their program.  Ask your doctor for a referral to one that is run by a hospital.
Of course, your local parole/probation officer might know of other programs that are government run and supervised.  I'm guessing that you might have to pay for any of these services, but it will be worth it to get your "clean" bill of health.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #79 on: Sep 13, 2006, 01:14 »
I am keeping it real for people who have failed the drug test.  I am also hoping to help people who may be borderline thinking of taking a few puffs of weed. That they think before they do it and make the right decision.

But you have to ask your self what would an employer do if he has resumes of people, most who have not failed a drug test.  Would he take a chance on a person who failed and potentially look bad if he knowing employs someone who has failed.  I know I would not.  Taking drugs 20 years ago when there was little to no penalty versus today when you know that it is harsh is not a wise decision in this business.  Why would you employ a person who knows the harshness of failing FFD now and does it anyway? Just Keeping it real.

Also for the people who have condemned me for being hardnose,  would you now take illegal drugs knowing you will be drug tested? You do not have to answer, I know the answer is no if you have any sense. Sorry if I offended anyone. I can tell I have because my karma has gotten low!!  LOL This is my last post on this topic. keeping it real and I do not want to offend the moderator.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #80 on: Sep 13, 2006, 10:06 »
the pathways listed for proof of cleanliness are all commendable.  another proof is not having any additional charges lodged against you for said criminal activity.  having reputable people write commendations on your behavior could be another.  there's lots of methods, picking an applicable one would probably be best satisfied by consulting with the area inspector (resident in the case of a power plant) and asking them.  note that the regs do not delineate the prescribed pathway to return.  they only allow the pathway to exist.
highradsnake.... yinz gaught da rite!  knumber too hand iz reddy two phit pher a wring!
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2006, 09:40 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #81 on: Sep 19, 2006, 09:27 »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the person who I posted this for dropped in and read the comments, good and bad.  He was ammazed at the amount of response and the number of different statements made here.  To keep it short he is thankful and for the information and it will help decide what to do in the future.

Thanks,
 Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?