Atlantic Group

Above Average
32 (34.4%)
Average
29 (31.2%)
Below Average
32 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: DZ Atlantic Group  (Read 233183 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: DZ Atlantic Group
« Reply #150 on: Oct 06, 2010, 03:10 »
Cold?  It isn't even November yet.  But, it is always something isn't it?

Perhaps it wasn't a cold.  Perhaps it was allergies.  Whatever it was, it has passed.

LaFeet

« Reply #151 on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:05 »
Not passed yet... the winter is here, the wind is whipping and I am still wearing long johns.  Yeah  them there banana slugs do fine... just like their neighbors the frogs.   This is the only place above I-40 that I have been that the frogs only sing in the winter (except maybe a zoo) ;D

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #152 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:19 »
Not passed yet... the winter is here, the wind is whipping and I am still wearing long johns.  Yeah  them there banana slugs do fine... just like their neighbors the frogs.   This is the only place above I-40 that I have been that the frogs only sing in the winter (except maybe a zoo) ;D

Only guy I knew that wore LJs up through June in OK!   ;D ;D
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #153 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:43 »
This (including me) has gotten way  [OT]!  This thread is DZ Atlantic - NOT Humbolt Bay or LaFeet's hate of the cold!   ;D ;D
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

LaFeet

« Reply #154 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:55 »
I agree Terry ... as for Atlantic - I would go work for them anytime I am not currently obligated.  You know me, I keep my promises.

gloucestermurphys

« Reply #155 on: Apr 10, 2011, 12:41 »
new to nuke working a local plant with dz signed the paper but at the end of a week a buddy of mine started one week prior he still is waiting for the red badge so two weeks and he is told to be at the shop monday but so far no pay this might be something they got in writing but when it comes down to it have a worker on site for 3 weeks or more with no pay and if they don't pass the check no pay hmm and there is folks that agree this is ok and the norm. Back in 1902 sure it was before labor rights. When I signed the answer they give you is you get paid when you pass but not letting you know it can be 3 to 5 weeks. Of 2000 workers over 50% are new to nuke on this site. In 3 weeks I'm not chancing my life to a maybe. But two weeks and one day tommorrow for my buddy still no pay or badge and from what I understand theres alot of that here and worse. Also someone overheard someone  known as hearsay "we are have to going to pay these guys sometime." Well if I were to keep $100,000. dollars in the bank a extra week or two interest is profit. But I'm sure its way more than $100,000.At whose expense.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #156 on: Jun 03, 2013, 10:46 »
Does Atlantic have an "Outage Wish List" so you can see which plants they are staffing?  I poked around their site a little bit, but didn't see one...

Thanks for your help!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #157 on: Jun 04, 2013, 12:48 »
they have one, but it is hard to find and not always updated, plus it has a security issue, might not allow it at work.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #158 on: Jun 04, 2013, 10:25 »
Looks like they no longer update:

http://www.workatlantic.com/Projects.aspx

And www.atlanticgroup.com forwards to http://www.dayzim.com/Services_and_Products/ECM

I hunted around their site, and I can not find any outage wish list, or any open RP jobs.  I can tell you this:  Assuming you are interested in RP type jobs, there are 21 outages this fall, Bartlett has 19 of them.  Look at tyour Gold member schedule, and subtract the 19 Barrett has and what is left is DZ Atlantic (plus one split)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

MR BIG

« Reply #161 on: Jun 06, 2013, 02:06 »
Yeah....and they don't charge a dime for it. What a concept!

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #162 on: Jun 06, 2013, 03:40 »
DZ is showing 4 outages for this fall. (Not nearly enough IMHO). Looking at posts from big blue It's really light all over this season!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Dinerp

« Reply #163 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:13 »
I worked one outage for DZ atlantic. I have worked close to 50 outages for Big Blue. There were a lot of good techs that says they only work for DZ Atlantic. 2 issues I had, were not getting payroll deposit (submitted voided check during in processing) and the site coordinator that threw a fit when asked questions. Other than that, no issues with hiring, security paperwork, and final paycheck.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #164 on: Jun 07, 2013, 10:06 »
DZ is showing 4 outages for this fall. (Not nearly enough IMHO). Looking at posts from big blue It's really light all over this season!

Fall 2013 is going to be an extremely light season.  Good news is that 2014 has a couple of big seasons coming down the pike. As far as DZ showing 4 outages for RP, that is a bit misleading considering they only have 2 1/2 - they no longer have any piece of North Anna RP and split the contract w/BNI at Hope Creek, that leaves them with Just Beaver Valley & Palisades for full outages.   
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Marla

« Reply #165 on: Jun 11, 2013, 10:44 »
While Mr. Bartlett may be trying to drum up business, his information is misleading.  Day and Zimmermann(formerly known as DZ Atlantic) still has all four outages listed on the wish list.  Granted, North Anna is a back up contract.  If you are searching for our wish list, or a way to update your resume, you can visit www.dzrptech.com to do so.  There should be no security issues.  IF a security box pops up, you can still proceed to the site.    There is a security question to answer before the wishlist can be submitted, dont forget to answer the math problem!! 

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #166 on: Jun 11, 2013, 10:54 »
While Mr. Bartlett may be trying to drum up business, his information is misleading.  Day and Zimmermann(formerly known as DZ Atlantic) still has all four outages listed on the wish list.  Granted, North Anna is a back up contract.  If you are searching for our wish list, or a way to update your resume, you can visit www.dzrptech.com to do so.  There should be no security issues.  IF a security box pops up, you can still proceed to the site.    There is a security question to answer before the wishlist can be submitted, dont forget to answer the math problem!! 

Oh Marla - I don't need to drum up business or mislead the RP work force, where as DZ with only 2 primary RP staffings and a split contract just might have to, hence the misleading wish list stating DZ has SHP slots at North Anna - you say it's because of a back-up contract, well if I put all of BNI's back up contracts on BNI's wish list I'd be listing all of DZ's sites...now that would be misleading.   

Y'all have a nice day :)
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline MidnightMeterMan

• Light User
« Reply #167 on: Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 »
Oh Marla - I don't need to drum up business or mislead the RP work force, where as DZ with only 2 primary RP staffings and a split contract just might have to, hence the misleading wish list stating DZ has SHP slots at North Anna - you say it's because of a back-up contract, well if I put all of BNI's back up contracts on BNI's wish list I'd be listing all of DZ's sites...now that would be misleading.   

Y'all have a nice day :)

CLASSIC!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?