Facility & Company Information > Browns Ferry

AHHHH still waiting to hear back from Browns Ferry

(1/5) > >>

Loose Screws:
Obviously, this is my first post but I have been lurking around for sometime now.  A big THANKS for this site and all of its information!!! 
I interviewed for a spot in this seasons SGPO (class to begin in 07) first part of August.  Upon exiting the interview (which seemed to go smoothly) I was told it would take 4-6 weeks but one of my contacts @ BFN said it might take 8 before we hear anything.  My only question: From your experience how long does it normally take to be contacted after the interview.  I assume if I don't hear anything I was passed over correct?
Thanks, I will now go back to tapping my foot in a nervous manner.  ::) 

Fermi2:
With TVAN it can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months to sometimes a year. It depends on whether HR accepts the picks.

If you don't make it you'll eventually get a letter in the mail.

Mike

Loose Screws:
Thanks Mike.  I would have to say that your posts have provided me with most of my information during the last 5 months or so since I stumbled upon this site!

Fermi2:
Thank you, I appreciate my input helps at least someone :)

When I said 6 months to a year I wasn't kidding, but keep in mind it is possible. A guy I work with now received his job offer a year after interviewing, another was 6 months, in my case it was only 10 weeks. A guy we are hiring was 6 months. I'll give you a gut feel, you might not get your offer until the end of the TVA Fiscal year which I believe is in about 3 weeks. Also, the Big Head Nuke Guy approves all job offers and he's a busy man.

My gut feel would be sometime after October 1st with start dates either the 1st or 3rd week of November. TVA starts hirees on either the 1st or 3rd Monday of the month.

Mike

Loose Screws:
Thought I would update you guys/girls on the progress of my application.  So far I have still not heard from TVA or Browns Ferry.  I have heard rumors that the Training class will be starting sometime around the first of Dec. but nothing official.  I have also been told my name is on "the list" by two different friends that inquired about me.
  In an effort to get some updated information I spoke to a/the hiring person at TVA and was told they had the list of applicants but had not sent out the bids yet.  I am trying to have patience and not get my hopes up but I am ready to celebrate another step towards a career and get started in the training class!

Whatever the outcome, maybe my updates will help others understand the way it works out sometimes.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version