Brunswick

Above Average
18 (34.6%)
Average
15 (28.8%)
Below Average
19 (36.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Brunswick  (Read 148711 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Brunswick
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:22 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

jjordan

Re: Rate Brunswick
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2002, 02:45 »
The Diablo Cannyon of the east coast! ;) Excellent location, nice weather,well managed site,great house staff, (specially me ;)), and ICE CREAM out the ying yang! our outage is early March this year, call Eric to reserve your slot. Come on down Ya'll! :-*
JJ
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006, 11:32 by Rennhack »

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2003, 02:11 »
The Diablo "Cannnnnyon" of the east coast? I must be be from another time zone. I guess ice cream is all you can say about the site. Is "Sweetreat" Ice cream still open? Say "hello" to "sleaze Reedy" if he's still at the site.
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

jjordan

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2003, 04:04 »
That wasn't all I said! There was another sentence directly after the Diablo Cannyon one. ::) Before I even mentioned the ICE CREAM ;D ;D ;D What do you have against ice cream? ??? I suppose you don't like free food either? Every Sat. and Sun. during the outage, the E&RC manager buys us food!!! Good food too!!! Not your typical pizza and burgers! ;) Can I count you in? Oh and if you can get in, can I please have your ice cream? :-*
JJ
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006, 11:33 by Rennhack »

Old_Guy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2003, 10:18 »
JJ,
You are starting to scare me with the ice cream fettish. How about mentioning what a nice drywell you have and don't mention the gas problems in the breezeway.

jjordan

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2003, 08:34 »
We have a slight gas problem in the TB, not anwhere near as bad as it used to be! ;) This outage will be a U2 outage and it's closest to the exit, so if you're a little scared of offgas this will make it a little easier! Funny you should mention our DW, that happens to be my control point, we don't have any offgas in there! ::) Yes it has some dose, but I think we control it very well! we use telemetry on everyone who enters, and don't make any more entries than needed. We cover everything we can remotely. 8)
 Fetish for ICE CREAM No, I just like it, and I buy it for everyone that works with us! :-* You need to come back and do an outage, sounds like it's been a while since you've been here! It ain't the same old Brunswick! ;D
JJ
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006, 11:33 by Rennhack »

biloxi_blues

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2003, 09:00 »
Dont forget to tell the contractors they have to wear slacks and collar shirts to work.  The area is nice in the summer, but the winters do get cold.  Actually working for the house people is the best thing they are a good bunch of people, but you still have to sneak around the cordinator (Mr. Smiley, I dont work for you eventhough Im bartlett).  Any comments on the cordinator JJ?  And yes the drywell is a good place to work, the worse is the breezeway.  Just my opinion

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2003, 12:46 »
Mr Jordan...it must be horrible to live with that ice cream monkey on your back.  Just say no.......thank you.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

jupiter

« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2003, 08:41 »
I would like to say most likely collared shirt but no Blue jeans for Bartlett that is, green, black, blue, red, evenpurple if you want, but who the heck cares? most the time your in BNP issued scrubs anyway, and oh yeah that policy has changed just a little. And yes the Ice Cream is good :P

jjordan

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2003, 02:32 »
Ya'll talking about the same Brunswick I am? You know, the one in N.C.! As part of my standard attire, we have a choice, black jeans, khaki jeans, or khaki, or grey slacks. Yes we wear collared shirts, polo, or buttondown. You know we give you one to wear when you first get here! As for our Bartlett site coordinator, I've never had a problem with him or any of the Bartlett supervision, ever! Now remember I worked several outages here as a Bartlett tech, so I'm looking at it from both sides of the fence! What do you need to sneak around for, ??? you work for us, you eat with us, you break with us, your time sheets (HP) are in our breakroom. If you're a decconner it's a different break area, but come on down, and you're welcome to whatever we have! I write your evals if you want, I don't know how much pull that has, but I'll bet that most everyone in the Bartlett home office knows who I am, and I tell it pretty straight! But that and $.50 will get you a bowl of ICE CREAM around here! Honest Rain Man I'm trying to quit, but there's just so much, and so little time! ;)
JJ
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006, 11:34 by Rennhack »

jjordan

Re: Brunswick
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2003, 06:41 »
I can't believe that this site only gets rated in the middle of the spectrum! ??? ::) I've been all over as a contractor, and the only site that I've been to that's even close would be Duane Arnold. The people are great there like Brunswick, but I have to give the edge to Brunswick for the weather (it was in the 60's today), and the location, can't beat living on the ocean! The plant is well run, if you haven't been here for a while, you need to come see for youself, things have changed here! ;D
JJ

jjordan

« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2003, 07:39 »
Radgal,
We loved having you, and are real sorry you won't be returnig this year! We know you'll be back sooner or later! ;) Is it the Rocky Road or the Cookies and Cream! :D
We could still use a couple of techs, we have a lot of our returnees commited, but have a few openings! Let me guess. The people you talk to tell you how awfull it is here! :o Same ploy I used as a contractor for sites I wanted to make sure I had a spot to return to! 8) Check their resumes, bet they've been here more than once! :o We have an excellent house staff here, but maybe I should mention them in the Hp legends thread or maybe the other Brunswick thread. Hmmm, can you say Golf? Or maybe Myrtle Beach! Sure you can!!!
See Ya there.
JJ :-* :-*

Old_Guy

« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2003, 09:00 »
Okay JJ, you let up enough on  the ice cream. Next you'll start talking about those nasty hot wings imported from Wilmington.Anyway I'll be back again,definitely not for the money, so it must be the ice cream and the spiffy scrubs.

jjordan

« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2003, 05:14 »
Old Guy, It's good to have you back, You must have been one of my "problem children" ;) if you know about the hot wings! :D Well I think you are on nightshift in the DW with myself, Miller Williams, and the Mayor of Oak Island, The "honorable James Cricso Esq." [smiley=biggrin.gif]
See Ya real soon. JJ

jjordan

« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2003, 11:05 »
Hey! What's the matter with our scrubs? We take you in off the street, give you a job, feed ya, give you a nice shirt that any golfer would be proud of, and you give me this! :-/ What are all of the best dressd techs wearing nowadays? You think ours are bad, well I remember the ones at SONGS, talk about ugly! :P
JJ

jjordan

« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2003, 06:47 »
Thank God the contractors are here!!! :D
We've been ramped up for outage for quite a while!  :-/Everybody that is but HP! :P It's going to be good to see all of our old friends again, I hope Ice Cream is on special somewhere this week! ;)
JJ

radgal

« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2003, 06:49 »
Oh! ;D to be at the beach.......

radgal

« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2003, 03:01 »
Wish I was at that outage.  How is it going anyway, I want details. ;)

jjordan

« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2003, 12:00 »
Our first 8 contractors finally got into the plant yesterday! ;D Whew just in time!
Now lets see: there is : Butter Pecan, Cherry Cocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip, Bannana Fudge Chunk, Cherry Vanila, Chips Ahoy Cookie Dough, Hershey Chocolate Almond, Peach, and Heath Bar. These are all the cheap brand, Breyer's! :-* We miss ya Radgal! :'( It's still not too late, say the word. ;) Gonna be in the 70's tommorow. Bring your SPF45!
JJ

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 2003, 05:20 »
The only four letters you need to remember at Brunswick are WWMD [smiley=laugh.gif]. Yep working nightshift and playing a round of golf in the morning or a two mile jog on the beach in the afternoon made my stay really enjoyable there. Truly the class of the CP&L plants. Would be there again this outage but I got too good of a long term deal at Oak Ridge to leave. But would prefer the beach to these cold and rainy mountains any day.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2003, 01:30 »
JJORDAN hey buddie were they the only 8 techs to show up?
I hope housepuke breaks out and gets ice some ice cream.Nacho's and salsa would be could too.

jjordan

« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2003, 05:45 »
Hey Jethro, Myron misses you!  8)Radbastard, 8 were all that were supposed to come this week! Next week we will be getting most of the newbies. Then 1 more small staffing the next week for people with previous commitments. Hang out for another week and see if Housepuke gets off of any Ice cream! We  can still squeeze you in if he doesn't! ;D
JJ

klennox

« Reply #22 on: Feb 22, 2003, 07:52 »
I have only been at BNP for 6months , but already I am very proud to be part of the team. BNP rocks and the area is great. Where else could I afford to own a place on the beach and work in this industry. The management here really looks out for the workers (as long as you do work) Cant wait for summer here )

Oly

« Reply #23 on: Feb 22, 2003, 08:24 »
::)
Would Loveto go to brunswick, I need to get some BWR experience. As an ANSI 18.1 CP&L won't allow me to come in as a SHP. Why would I want to undercut my time in grade as a JHP for the outage? I want to learn to advance myself in the biz not go backward.

Say hey to Chester, Rendall, and Brian Hatton for me please.

jjordan

« Reply #24 on: Feb 22, 2003, 03:10 »
I don't know about 18.1's here I know we have hired some in the past! ;)I will check for you ASAP. :D We need to get you out of WI, close your eyes and click your heels!  ;D
JJ

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?