Brunswick

Above Average
18 (34.6%)
Average
15 (28.8%)
Below Average
19 (36.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Brunswick  (Read 148737 times)

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: Brunswick
« Reply #25 on: Feb 22, 2003, 06:27 »
wow, sounds like brunswick has really turned around since i was there eight years ago.

how is the money for locals? -since i live only three miles from the plant?
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

jjordan

« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2003, 11:22 »
Oly, we do hire 18.1's but pay them at the Jr. rate, sorry I can't help you! :-/
JJ

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2003, 11:33 »
jjordan,  so what's the rate for 18.1/jr down there?  ya never know what color parachute yer gonna need to pull....
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:30 »
I wish ya'ld resource share with Summer again. I loved my time at Brunswick. I had heard a lot of horror stories about the place, but I loved it. The plant is clean and well cared for and the people are great. When Progress buys us out I want a transfer!!! Tell Carol hello.
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

DABIGUNC

« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2003, 02:45 »
Brunswick, was very, very good to me..........and this was when contractors couldn't sit in the little snack bar, when Phil Burns and "The Bruce" walked the halls. Lived in the area for 33 years, come visit and you'll want to stay........all the ocean you can handle.

radgal

« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2003, 02:38 »
All right I'm jealous!!!!! :'(   ;D

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2003, 04:18 »
I'm here at Brunswick, waiting for my badge. Hoping it's a good job. As a local the $2.- extra hr. for not getting per-diem is not the best compensation, but you pay the price for being home. "there's no place like home" Arrrghhh...Per-diem withdraws. They still need a few techs. too if anyone is interested. It's cold and windy, but that should change anytime now (I hope).
"You can sleep when you're dead"

zippomarks

« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2003, 10:47 »
JJ, I just want to know if you can get the same quality lap dancing down there that you used to get in Windsor when you worked at Besse?  ;)

jjordan

« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2003, 06:07 »
Zip,
I don't know! Guess you'll have to show up to find out! ;)
JJ

zippomarks

« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2003, 07:10 »
I would if I could, but I'm not techin these days. Used to love those headsets at Besse....especially when I heard that voice bellowing, "Hey. East D ringers."

jjordan

« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2003, 07:09 »
Well we're sorry ya'll are missing it! :'( Thursday they had the outage kickoff dinner. Sticky fingers was the caterer, I was off that day, somebody tell me , How was the food? :-[
JJ

jjordan

« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2003, 11:25 »
Summerdazed, I was looking forward to working your plant! :'( I've enjoyed working with all of the VC people, here, Robinson , and Shearon Harris. :D When I was a Bartlett tech, always tried to come there, but there was never any openings. That tells me 1 thing, and if ya'll aren't bright enough to figure that out, well I guess you can keep busy at BV, Perry, TMI, ect!  ::)What ya talking about takeover? You know something I don't? That would be most excellent! Lets see how far they run with that! ;) The only reason we aren't sharing this time is, your outage is the same time as Crystal River's, and we have to send quite a few techs to that one. (me included) Hell tell your boss man we still need you and want you. We just can't reciprocate this year, maybe next. I'll  tell Carol Hi, she's great to work with, isn't she? The girl can cook!Lots of fun too, and very organized!
Later,
JJ

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #37 on: Mar 16, 2003, 06:34 »
Brunswick is good these days. They feed us good (too good) and the house techs are very friendly. Not bad not bad. The sun is actually out today and the weather is getting warmer. Finally. Hey John, keep the ice cream coming!

jjordan

« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2003, 08:21 »
Well the outage is winding down, seems to be on schedule. Food was good this weekend! ( Ribs on Sat, Lasagna on Sun) Some of the techs are leaving for their next assignment. Thanks, good luck,we'll miss ya! Ya'll come back now ya hear! ;)Hope you got enough Ice Cream! If you didn't, shame on you! 8)
JJ

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2003, 11:11 »
Came here 19 years ago. A lot of positive change for the better. Whole new attitude and enthusiasm among staff and workers. A lot of new facilities, makes this a top notch site to work at. Not to mention the area and the weather (70s) and the fishing and the sunbathers, need I go on....

This outage was known as the all you can eat/weed-eater outage. Just ask JJ or Criscoe.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

radgal

« Reply #40 on: Mar 25, 2003, 09:01 »
I'd go back in an instant if I was on the road again. :)

hambone

« Reply #41 on: Mar 25, 2003, 08:51 »
I haven't been there in 15 years, from the posts it sounds like things have changed for the better. Might give it another try somtime.

OriginalRemball

« Reply #42 on: Mar 27, 2003, 10:52 »
:-[

I would have to be one hungry mother before I ever went back to Brunswick.  Picked up over 5 R in three outages, treated like a booger on the bottom of a chair all three times.  Seems like Brunswick goes in cycles.  Good for a putage or two the bad for an outage or two.  I guess I got the bad ones.  Either way there are alot better plants IMO and I can go to the beach anytime

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #43 on: Apr 03, 2003, 11:05 »
I agree with you, OriginalRemball. If it goes in cycles, I was there during one long continuous downturn. The ocean was the only positve side except for the many hurricanes.I really can't see it improved. But if it has, then I'm glad for the people who remain there. I hope the down-cycle doesn't begin again.
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #44 on: Apr 08, 2003, 12:10 »
It was a great time at Brunswick, Thanks to all for making me feel at home. I miss it already. Especially since I'm freezing my a@# off in NY now. BooHoo... Hope to see ya next time.

jjordan

« Reply #45 on: Apr 09, 2003, 01:05 »
Well the Brunswick "All You Can Eat " Outage is offically over. We met most of our goals, in spite of being a little short staffed, kind of an industry trend! :P I don't think that this is a reflection on the way we treat people here! I'd personally like to thank all of the contractors who helped us succeed! ;D I think most will agree that they were treated very well, in fact I never heard anyone say that they were treated unfairly. OriginalRemball, it seems that the last few times you were here was prior to the latest revision to 10CFR20 when you were allowed 3 REM/ Quarter. Guess what? I was getting 1 R / outage too, at every outage I went to! :-[ I worked the D/W this outage, none of the techs received 500 mr for the whole outage. I do agreee with you, that Duane Arnold was a good plant to work, almost as  good as here, not quite though. I'd like to see your list of plants that you consider better though, I probably worked at a few and will strongly disagreee with you! :o Anyway to end on a positive note, jovynomad, it was a pleasure working with you, we hope you'll return every year, we miss all of our contractors already! :'( Keep in touch!
JJ

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #46 on: Apr 12, 2003, 08:43 »

JJordan,

Awwww, Thanks! ;)

jjordan

« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2004, 10:31 »
Well here we go again! Getting ready for our outage, about a month away, so much to do! We always try to get evrything ready, kinda hard though! All the other crafts are already here, shielders scaffolders, we try to support all of the extra work and prepare our stuff at the same time without any extra support! It aint easy! :P Some things have changed since last outage most notably, Our RPM Steve Hamilton has resigned to go to work for Framatone. Steve was the best RPM I've ever worked for and there have been quite a few! We all wish him well, we'll miss him!We are supposed to fill 1 house tech slot prior to the outage, better hurry ! Supposed to have a few techs show up next week, they'll be stuck in training and security for a little while, Oh well! If anyone is comming and needs some help with housing or info and such, message me and I'll try to help. Last I checked there was still some ICE CREAMin the freezer! ;D
JJ
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2004, 10:37 by JJordan »

Old_Guy

« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2004, 03:20 »
JJ
Just want to wish you guys a great outage this year. I won't be able to make it this time around because of the  schedule conflict and that the ice cream is nice but an extra $5/ hour is nicer.
Take good care of the D/W and say hi to Floyd and The Mayor.

Old Guy

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2004, 04:25 »
JJ. Tell Myron I'm gonna miss him again this time. Got too good of a thing going on in the Tennessee hills to walk away from. Gonna miss the beach and the ice cream. Hope ya'll have a good outage !    WWMD!   ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?