Facility & Company Information > South Texas Project (STP)

South Texas Project (STP)

(1/11) > >>

slick:
Anyone know of a travel trailer park at STP?

Rennhack:
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Marvin:
I worked for Houston Lighting & Power from February 1989 through December 1995 as a tech, a trainer, a planner, and a supervisor at STP.  It went from ridiculously challenging (during startup and 1RE01) to depressing during shutdown (NRC DET) to restructuring and startup under some of the best management I have ever seen.

STP has it's little quirks and always will, just like any other place I have ever worked.  I miss the work ethic, the great techs and staff (most of all), the shiny new Westinghouse PWR's, the world class management team.  If it wasn't for the humidity, the bugs and the nothing to do around there landscape, I would probably still be a Texan.

Course I haven't been there since 1995; however, I will always have fond memories of STP.   :)

bandyung:
::) Like you I started at STP in 1989 for 1REO1.  Went house in 1990 at STP. Retired in 1996 with a nice package and now return for all outages as a contractor. The plant was a total relief after the inside blistering temps. At Turkey point. STP management has always treated contractors as fellow technicians and part of the "WE" team. The quality of techs. always vary but in general only the better quality wind up there on a regular basis.  Having been 23 years in the business there have been some really negative experiences on the road. STP is best at least for me. Happy New Year. Gramps: :)

uRiaL:
I'M TRYING TO GET SOME INFO ON STP. WHO IS THE SITE COORDINATOR? AND ,YEAH DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY OF THE TECHS DOWN THERE ( I NEED NAMES) ::) ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version