Reference, Questions and Help > Definitions

seal table ?

(1/4) > >>

Kernwerker:
Hi folks

I have a work colleague, here in our  plant in Southern Germany who would like to know the correct definition of a "seal table"
To be honest, me to   ;)
This term is most likely referrable to the job activities of a refuel technician 

alphadude:
Incore instrumentation pentration seals?

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: alphadude on Sep 11, 2006, 08:27 ---Incore instrumentation pentration seals?

--- End quote ---

That's what it is at our plant.  I&C technicians handle work in this area at our location.

Kernwerker:

--- Quote from: alphadude on Sep 11, 2006, 08:27 ---Incore instrumentation pentration seals?

--- End quote ---

Have no Idea. He just told he saw a job description here on the site about a "refuel technician with seal table service experience.

alphadude:
well depending of the design of the plant incore seal work for HPs will involve working with materials that were subjected to incore irradiation. If the seals leaked you will have lots of contamination, with particles. If not you may just be pulling the incore which can be megga rad. parking the incores involves pulling the incores our prior to refuel to a certain location. (dose control) I have worked incore tables where the seal leaked and it looked like a wedding cake with all the boron encrusted, and I have worked incores while at Big Rock that was a walk in the park. Also worked at flux mapping on one old unit where the incore was inserted- copper detector- then timed and then pulled to take a dose rate- high dose rate = hot core section.  the drives can be contaminated with particles and stuff if the tubes leaked etc yadda and so on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version