Career Path > Radiation Safety

NUF

(1/2) > >>

tiger:
Help needed
I have never worked on a commercial outage, thus I have never taken the NUF test. I was wondering if it is like the practice test on Nukeworker and is there other practice test available.

Brett LaVigne:
I just took the test at Cook.  I did the quiz on this site and also downloaded the printable study guide from westrain.  It is called Nuclear Physics, The Atomic nature of matter.  That is the manual that I studied most.  The Pop quiz on this site is pretty good as a start but doesn't get nearly deep enough.  You need to actually understand why the answers are what they are.  The actual test is written much different.  Make sure you know your fission/corossion products and instrument theory.  Know how to calculate a point source and an air sample.  If you know and understand the material in the study guide that I mentioned you will be fine.  I missed 3 out of 50 and it was the first time I have taken this test in over 10 years.  Don't let it stress you too much, just do your homework.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Bat Man on Sep 12, 2006, 08:35 ---downloaded the printable study guide from westrain.
--- End quote ---

The study guide is available for download from this site as well.

I do agree with you, that people have to learn the material, and not try to memorize answers.

wglewallen:
Just a bit of information, I just took the test at Oconee. It is a lot heavier in detector theory than you might imagine. My advice would be to study all of the material and objectives at each lesson plan. The NUF test and what is on Nuke worker does not give a true picture, since the exams have been changed.     

wglewallen:
In response to my statements that I made...it may be different at Cook, but the one I took.... one had to read the questions very carefully and the answers are closely related. I realize that there are more test than just one. These test are different from the ones that I have taken in the past.  My advice is to study and learn the material cannot emphasize that enough. Learn the material and don't memorize it, because if you do experience test anxiety, you may go blank. Good Luck!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version