Vermont Yankee

Above Average
35 (63.6%)
Average
11 (20%)
Below Average
9 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Vermont Yankee  (Read 139631 times)

LaFeet

Re: Vermont Yankee
« Reply #75 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:31 »
Best of Luck  House Dad..... I hate to think that they would not make a decent offer.... good lord lnows you guys deserve it just having to put up with the local newspaper.

Hope to return and work there again...

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #76 on: Aug 23, 2007, 09:15 »
Any progress yet on the contract????
We went through the same type of thing with the benefits here at Hanford in our last contract...At least your union leadership seems to be trying to listen to you instead of jamming an unsatisfactory contract down your throats...... Good luck!!!!!

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #77 on: Aug 23, 2007, 10:00 »
Contract offer rejected.  :o
Union gave mgmt another 72 hours......to come up with better. :P

Not sure I'm believing this .....we should be walking, I think.  :-\
All I can do at this point is let the negotiating committee do it's work, evaluate the offer, and vote. I was out of town for the vote this week,  :-[ I'll be present for the next...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #78 on: Aug 23, 2007, 11:37 »
All I can say is good luck!!!!!! Keep us posted!!!!!!

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #79 on: Aug 23, 2007, 08:28 »
I was on strike for 5 months back in 1988.All the people who "didn't" vote (for whatever reason)on the contract offer were the one's that did the most bitching.So I think that if it means that much to the effected party that they would vote regardless.If you've never been through a strike, I wish you good luck,it ain't woth it.You end up losing more then you gain...Just remember one thing..."I Believe Every Word" it's not just a saying....
Call Before You Dig!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #80 on: Aug 25, 2007, 06:11 »
Negotiations still in progress....
Workers are doing an informational picket across the street from the negotiations
Entergy sure is a bunch of cheap bastages..... :P

I don't think VY will ever be the same, whether we walk or not - the whole easy relationship we always had between craft and management is pretty much shot.... :-\

http://geocities.com/ibewl300u8/
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2007, 07:09 by HouseDad »
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #81 on: Aug 25, 2007, 09:36 »
That is a shame... I have not been there since Entergy took over but I know it used to be a great place to work. The techs and management treated me very well. That and the little bonuses that Entergy took away was the only thing they had going for them... The cost of living and anti-everything mentality around Brattleborodid not make it a great place to live. Good Luck to all y'all

Russell

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #82 on: Aug 25, 2007, 08:42 »
Negotiations still in progress....
Workers are doing an informational picket across the street from the negotiations
Entergy sure is a bunch of cheap bastages..... :P

I don't think VY will ever be the same, whether we walk or not - the whole easy relationship we always had between craft and management is pretty much shot.... :-\

http://geocities.com/ibewl300u8/
Is Entergy really cheap or are the "workers" just greedy?If you were part of management would you still feel they were cheap? Be honest with yourself..
Call Before You Dig!

illegalsmile

« Reply #83 on: Aug 26, 2007, 07:55 »
tru. maybe Entergy is just exercizing that good old "yankee thrift" with respect to things like workers' wages, health insurance, retirement, etc. this will leave them more money for important things like CEO salaries, BoD Compensation, private jets, expense accounts.......

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #84 on: Aug 26, 2007, 09:14 »
Whatever....Just keep believing "Every Word" the union tells you (they'd never lie to you)and you'll be ok..peace out..
Call Before You Dig!

vikingfan

« Reply #85 on: Aug 27, 2007, 08:39 »
anyone privvy to the latest on the cooling tower incident ???

stownsend

« Reply #86 on: Aug 27, 2007, 10:34 »
read the Nuclear news post on Nukeworker

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #89 on: Aug 27, 2007, 02:13 »
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/NEWS01/708240311/1009/NEWS05
Yeah, it's ugly - and the day before, there were people standing up there evaluating the noise from the fan...... :-\

LaFeet

« Reply #90 on: Aug 27, 2007, 06:40 »
Did I do That????

Hey HouseDad  let me know if ya need some help

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #91 on: Aug 28, 2007, 04:24 »
Just keep " Believing Every Word"
This thread is getting off topic.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

stownsend

« Reply #92 on: Aug 29, 2007, 08:29 »
Congratulations on the contract vote.I hope you all got what you wanted.

CoastalCaptainJack

« Reply #93 on: Apr 05, 2008, 09:39 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Great Chinese food on the hill on the left going out of town.  Super 8 Motel was ok. My wife liked the very, very small outlet mall in Brattleboro.  She loved the much Larger outlets that was north of there.  She spent too much of my $$$. LOL  Basketville is about 2 or 3 exits north on the interstate.  She wants to live up there year round.  Better buy another lottery ticket, hon!  LOL

DunnJH4

« Reply #94 on: Jul 28, 2008, 11:53 »
Just wondering what everybody means by Vernon having a high cost of living. Am I way off when research told me about 97-99% national average for COL?   That sounds good to me. I have never lived near a power plant or industrialized area, but ~107% in Va Beach, and 143% in Northern Virginia when I grew up make 97% sound friggin awesome! Adding a lot of money over my Navy pay, and I will feel RICH!         

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #95 on: Jul 29, 2008, 08:12 »
Congratulations!  I interviewed there in January and didn't get offered the position I applied for.  Yeah!  Since that time I interviewed and accepted my current position in Springfield MA and could not be happier.  VY did call me and offer a different position in the same department, all we need is to update you references etc. and we will hire you today.  Well since I no longer have e-plan duty, no on call weekends, no outages, etc. it was a no brainer saying thank you but no thanks.  The money would have been a little better at VY but a lot more free time at work and the wife will be closer to civilization.  We are about 15 miles to Amhearst, Springfield, and tons of stuff to do.  Enjoy VY, used to be the best place to work.
LM

Offline bruin42

• Very Lite User
Vermont Yankee 2008 Outage
« Reply #96 on: Aug 26, 2008, 02:12 »
I will be coming to the outage and was wondering what are the shut down and start up dates?
I am just trying to get a ballpark idea.  Thanks if anyone there can help!

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: Vermont Yankee 2008 Outage
« Reply #97 on: Aug 26, 2008, 08:17 »
I will be coming to the outage and was wondering what are the shut down and start up dates?

If you are going to work the outage, your recruiter should have this information.

Offline bruin42

• Very Lite User
« Reply #98 on: Aug 26, 2008, 05:11 »
No they just gave me a report date.  I have left a message with my recruiter but have not yet had a reply, but she will call, she really good about that.

vikingfan

Re: Vermont Yankee 2008 Outage
« Reply #99 on: Aug 27, 2008, 01:42 »

research goes a long way..... 1/4 of a nano second i found this info....shut down scheduled for 10-12-08 for 22 days. not sure what outfit your working with... that being said they should be telling you what your dates are.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?