Fernald

Above Average
10 (22.7%)
Average
14 (31.8%)
Below Average
20 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Fernald  (Read 80715 times)

Gonzo

Re: TT@ Fernald
« Reply #50 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:43 »
the only part of that i understood is that it's not licensed material...   

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Re: Fernald
« Reply #51 on: Aug 14, 2006, 07:29 »
Word on the street is that "TT" has quit the Fernald Closure Project.

Why? Who knows the scoop? Who is in the know? Was it the pressure from the Nukeworker posts? Did Mr. Stafford advise him to leave, due to all the incompetence?

Your reactions...........

RNN

« Reply #52 on: Aug 27, 2006, 10:05 »
Dave I'd like to say that TT left because of the pressure from the posts here but the truth is he left on his own accord.

TT was a by the book man, black and white and would not accept anything in a grey area as right. Well at Fernald there is no black and white or even grey. If you can't do busniess the Fluor way then you might as well quit and TT had enough I guess and did just that.

Don't get me wrong I didn't like TT and I still think he dosen't have any clue what it's like to be a Tech as he has never done any job coverage but I have to say he told Fluor to kiss his @ss and for that I respect him more than I did which was none at all.

RadX, M Schnyder has moved on to another DOE site and S Crownover left the busniess and is lounging by a pool in the south. Not many of the old safe shutdown crew left here let alone any of the old crowd.

illegalsmile

« Reply #53 on: Aug 30, 2006, 09:06 »
so who's running circus now?

jshiley

« Reply #54 on: Aug 31, 2006, 09:34 »
Rumor has it that a large amount of yellow cake was found in a supposedly clean section of the Fernald site.  Does anybody know if there's truth to this?  Are the TDU units (from WPRAP) already demobilized?

WillyB

« Reply #55 on: Sep 01, 2006, 12:26 »
Dave Warren, never thought I would see you on this board.  How is it going?  Checking to see with Bellefonte is going to starting construction again.  Worked there in '82-85 and would like to go back again.

illegalsmile

« Reply #56 on: Sep 01, 2006, 09:21 »
Dave Warren, never thought I would see you on this board.  How is it going?  Checking to see with Bellefonte is going to starting construction again.  Worked there in '82-85 and would like to go back again.
Are DW or Bellefonte at Fernald??
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2006, 10:57 by illegalsmile »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #57 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:53 »
Actually, Bellefonte is a nuclear site.
I am not at Fernald. I am in Ashtabula, Ohio.

nugent_oh

Re: Fernald (FEMP)
« Reply #58 on: Oct 26, 2006, 05:51 »
 >:( worst job i ever had. most screwed up place i ever worked. glad to have left. hated john l.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #59 on: Oct 31, 2006, 10:03 »
Hhhmmmmmmm .... Yellow Cake? This wasn't found say ..... about halfway between the material handling building and the rail yard maintenance house was it? Say ... on the far side of the gravel road about sixty yards before the last rail crossing? Right next to the base of the 100' light? I found that stuff back in about 1999-2000 when they were digging to hook up the electrical ballast for that light when they put it in. A house tech girl with the initials CC and I raised the issue that they should look further for the stuff since we were only about 4 feet deep when we hit it, but the issue never got any more attention. If that is where they found it, sounds like it finally got the attention it needed. Any idea how much it turned out to be?

By the way: I'm the Senior HP Analyst house at Prairie Island these days, but if I could get say .... 15years out of Fernald, I'd go back in a heartbeat ... in the right position.  ;)

Ah yes ... Back to the land of Dave and Buster ... best guys to work with ... and Rapid Ray, Foster, Gant,Williams,Risley ..... the list is about a mile long. Back then, we got the job done, the techs knew what they were doing, they took some pride in the project and by God we kicked ass while being taken good care of. We had some 'team building exercises' which made some of Bartlett's Christmas parties of old look tame. The work was a bitch sometimes, but the people made it worth it. I'm sorry I had to leave, but I would have had to wait for several people to die before I would have had an advancement opportunity. I was all degreed up with noplace to go. Then the industry in general started ringing my phone off the hook. It was just a matter of time before the money got big enough to draw me away from the bomb factory which was and is so dear to my heart.

Dave ... give Ashtabula hell. I miss ya. Buster, wherever the hell you are, I miss you too. Thanx for letting me hide my new crotch rocket in your garage until I broke the news of its purchase to my old lady. Ray, God bless ya. You'll be glad to know that my youngest boy ended up a preacher too. He's married and lives in Sheboygan, WI now. Leslie ..... Wow. 'nuf said there. Terry, Capano, railyard gang, Milewski, Goetz, Pat, Pat Jr. .........ALL of the old guard: I miss you too. May our respective roads cross again.

Until then, I am saddened by the posts I have seen about Fernald. It was my home for years. I had friends there who are no longer with us. Fernald was their last gig and they were happy to be there. I hate to think what has happened to change everyone's slant on the place. I wish there was something I could do.

Floyd Flanigan  (Holy Moly! Did I just give away HAIRDUDE's secret identity?!)

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #60 on: Nov 15, 2006, 01:30 »
Cincinnati area is great.

Decomm Man

kaveman32

« Reply #61 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:04 »
There was alot of stuff done there that I never seen done elsewhere, but you had all the hours you want and money was great and on a sadder note my truck will never be the same. :'(
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006, 06:09 by kaveman32 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #62 on: Aug 19, 2008, 10:31 »
The Cincinnati Enquirer has an article today about the opening to the public of Fernald.  The Nature Preserve and Visitors Center.  Fernald has come full circle from “Weapons to Wetlands”.  For now.  It still has the low level storage cells .  The link to the artcicle:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080818/NEWS01/808180381/1168/NEWS

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #63 on: Aug 19, 2008, 10:41 »
The Cincinnati Enquirer has an article today about the opening to the public of Fernald.  The Nature Preserve and Visitors Center.  Fernald has come full circle from “Weapons to Wetlands”.  For now.  It still has the low level storage cells .  The link to the artcicle:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080818/NEWS01/808180381/1168/NEWS

I have alot of memories, good and bad from that place.
It was an interesting joint, no doubt.

RNN

« Reply #64 on: Aug 19, 2008, 12:11 »
Well I was there until the end of the project and I can tell you there is still so much crap still buired there that one of these days some kid playing over there is going to come home with some pretty yellow stuff in a jar and tell his mom " Look what I found! "

RNN

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: Aug 19, 2008, 12:21 »
That's why they made it "Wetlands".......Water is a great shielding...:P

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
  • I can't believe they pay me to do this.
« Reply #66 on: Aug 20, 2008, 04:03 »
thats why they only put a few walking trails in certain areas, every place else is still off limits
If at first you don't succeed, make someone else do it for you ;)

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #67 on: Aug 24, 2008, 02:58 »
Hey Couch ... Grab a shovel and go out around the base of the hundred foot light pole closest to the railroad tracks out by the railyard engine maint. building and dig down about three feet or so ... I dare ya  ;)

HAIRDUDE

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
« Reply #68 on: Aug 25, 2008, 06:07 »
that area was excavated about 2 1/2 years ago

bubbasmama

« Reply #69 on: Jul 09, 2010, 12:39 »
 :) This is a way late post I know...

Couch...is this the same JCouch I worked with?  Are you still at Fernald, baby sitting the water treatment plant? Who all is at Fernald?

I guess I fall in that 95% of the bad RCT's that were at Fernald in the last years. Oh well...I made money, I had new experiences and I worked hard and tried to stay out of trouble. Some of my dearest friends were made at Fernald. They know who they are.  As a Westener, Cincinnati was a culture shock. I come from a big city too, but the East is much different than the West. I was glad to be there for a short time.  I grew up alot in Ohio....

As for TT...I heard all this bad stuff while I was there.  I got along with him and he didn't lay me off.  Couldn't be all bad.  Besides...he drove a great lime green VW beetle....

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
« Reply #70 on: Jul 13, 2010, 11:13 »
i was still there untill about 3months ago, i should have left when everyone else got laid off. im in piketon now

p.s.   bubbasmama, who are u?

Offline vernonadann

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Fernald
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2017, 06:49 »
Where are Roger and Vickie Knight in Cincinnati?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17 »
Where are Roger and Vickie Knight in Cincinnati?

Check PMs, I won't give you an address but I can let him know you are trying to contact him. Personal info should be limited on a public forum.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2017, 12:31 »
tell rk3 (vivkie 2) aye said high two. he n eye share birthdays.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2017, 07:05 »
tell rk3 (vivkie 2) aye said high two. he n eye share birthdays.

His birthday is very appropriate for him.  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?