Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tall stanchions 6Ft or >6FT.

Author Topic: Tall stanchions 6Ft or >6FT.  (Read 8773 times)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Tall stanchions 6Ft or >6FT.
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 10:43 »
Was wondering if there was anyone who uses 6FT or>6Ft. stanchions for posting HRA's & the real question is where you purchase these animals???
I have seen it done at other facilities (PV for sure..thx RJC!)that i've been at but i can't seem to find anyone that sells these stanchions.
I've done my internet homework but can't seem to score a place to procure these things.....Thanks

Atomic_Punk

Re: Tall stanchions 6Ft or >6FT.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:01 »
Have your Fab. shop whip some up for ya.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:49 »
Prob cost too much to have that done! :P

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:53 »
Most Technical Specifications, in Section 6.12, "High Radiation Area," require that each area in which the dose rate is between 100 and 1000 mrem/hr be "barricaded and conspicuously posted as a high radiation area ...."

So make sure your inspectors have bought-off that the head-high postings meet the "barricade" requirement.  I know a lot of plants were going back to having something at waist level...
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 02:03 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:36 »
Most Technical Specifications, in Section 6.12, "High Radiation Area," require that each area in which the dose rate is between 100 and 1000 mrem/hr be "barricaded and conspicuously posted as a high radiation area ...."

So make sure your inspectors have bought-off that the head-high postings meet the "barricade" requirement.  I know a lot of plants were going back to having something at waste level...

It doesn't matter how you position the postings/barricades, most of the mouthbreathers out there duck under/unhook, drop rope and enter without reading the things.  Put the ropes/postings at ankle level so they trip over the them when they're not paying attention to their surroundings.  If only I were King for a day. ;^)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:42 »
Use the boundary rope as a tripwire - attached to those exploding dye packs they use for stupid bankrobbers..... >:(
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 02:43 by pet_snake »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2006, 12:45 »
hang netting over the walkways 'n peeple won't go into the hra.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2006, 04:20 »
Just cut their feet off....
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2006, 09:53 »
Just cut their feet off....

won't werk, they'll have inches to spare.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2006, 02:50 »
Lets go for the ankles....
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?