Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Job Searching

Author Topic: Job Searching  (Read 6303 times)

bk_con1

Job Searching
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:24 »
How long have people been waiting to hear from companies that they have applied and sent their resume to?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Job Searching
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:54 »
How long have people been waiting to hear from companies that they have applied and sent their resume to?

I sent out a big wave of resumes in late May & early June...am still getting offers for interviews...  :/

But if you have a job you really want, I'd send the resume and then touch bases with them every couple of weeks.  That way you will know what your status is...and they will recognize your name...
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 06:55 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2006, 07:02 »
Got call from Progress tonight!! Wanted me to come test/interview in two weeks, for position that starts 30 Oct.  Not retired yet so I could not take it but it gives me hope!! Looks like it is now just a matter of timing ;D

Rob

Pm me if you want any details bk
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 08:29 by ChiefRocscooter »
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2006, 07:17 »
Spring and Fall are the best times. One thing to watch for, if you won't be available for a job you've applied for I'd advise not applying for it. Later they may have a positionavailable and they'll remember you as the bozo who wasted their time the first go around.

Mike

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2006, 07:26 »
Which is why I told girl on phone before I went down for interview vice waste thier money.  She was nice and explained that they were way behind filling class and that was why short notice.  I explained that the online posting did not list start date and she understood, told her I was looking for a Feb -Mar time but that I couldn go as early as 1st wk in Jan , she said keep eyes open for more postings (was for an AO class). But I agree if I would have travled there I would look like a boob, along with Hr person who would have "wasted" money and I do not think it is my best intrest to make Hr look like boobs!!!

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?