Monticello

Above Average
14 (45.2%)
Average
6 (19.4%)
Below Average
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Monticello  (Read 59366 times)

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Monticello
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:34 »
Monticello has at least a 65 day outage.  Major work for EPU.  Replacing the Steam Dryer etc.  7 year Sr RP's $30.00/ hr without bonus.  Also taking Junior's.  The plan is move the old dryer out whole.  This ought to be interesting.

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
  • You don't miss the water...until the well runs dry
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:16 »
The plan is move the old dryer out whole.  This ought to be interesting.

Did the same thing at Quad and Dresden. Dresden had a dryer cover made out of 600 denier material for transport. Opened up the side of the reactor building and made a porch with a small rail system. Interesting.

soulless

« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2011, 01:51 »
Hello,

I'm new to the message board and after lurking around for a bit have decided to post. I'm a Surface Navy Nuke Machinist Mate Chief planning on finishing out my 20 toward the end of 2012. I'm extremely interested in looking at job possibilities at the Monticello plant. I know my retirement date is a ways off, but I want to start getting my ducks in a row. Just looking to start communicating with some people currently working at the plant who might be willing to guide me.

Thanks
Leighton

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Monticello
« Reply #53 on: Aug 25, 2011, 09:52 »
Got a call today from Bartlett, Monticello fall outage cancelled.  Looks like a sit out this fall, all outages staffed.  So much for a 65 day outage.  Guess the parts needed were the wrong size when the came.  What ever happened to measure twice cut (order) once.
It is what it is!

Offline jbechtel

• Very Lite User
Re: Monticello cafeteria
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2013, 01:33 »
Does Monticello have a hot food line yet, or do I bring in my own soup?

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:17 »
Chatters, something like a Buffalo Wild Wings, will be running a kitchen for meals here on site during the outage which starts first part of March, and is scheduled for 85.5 days.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?