Grand Gulf

Above Average
13 (23.6%)
Average
17 (30.9%)
Below Average
25 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Grand Gulf  (Read 112124 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Grand Gulf
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:01 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Grand Gulf
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:52 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

cram66

Re: Grand Gulf
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2002, 06:02 »
I stayed in Grand Gulf when i worked at the GGNS, however i would recommend you stay up in Vicksburg.There's plenty of hotels and places to eat. I dont know about trailer parks..

Staypuffed

Re: Talk About: Grand Gulf
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2003, 04:43 »
I am hearing talk that Marjorie is submitting and approving resumes at Grand Gulf.  Is she going to be the Site Coordinator this outage?

shehane

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2003, 02:56 »
well, Marjorie just told me she doesn't know anything about it.  she said she was just asking someother techs to submit their resumes.  not sure who the site coordinator is going to be.  if you do go though, stop by the bowling alley and see me.   ;D

Vol-Hater

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2003, 10:48 »
Hey Don, let her wake up first before you ask her the tough questions. Besides, I dont think she will be out of Sequoyah before the Grand Gulf Outage starts, TVA has their own Radiography Group and an open position.

shehane

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2003, 01:59 »
gotcha! ;)

radconii57

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2003, 04:17 »
I don't appreciate being attacked for no reason.  I don't what you are talking about.  What is the remark about Sequoyah Radiography.  I just working on that for the SGRP.  I don't what you are talking about about the Grand Gulf thing.  I hope you enjoy hurting people for no reason.  I  have always tried to get along with everyone.  And I don't try to hurt people on purpose.  So Please stop attacking me when I don't know what you are talking about.  I just try to be nice to everyone and not bother anyone. Please stop trying to hurt me.

Vol-Hater

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2003, 09:46 »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice is not snapping your fingers at fellow co-workers, nice is treating people the way you would like to treat people. Unfortunately, most site coordinator types have all the qualities of a snake, and Grand Gulf seems to admire these qualities, deciding to work 6-10's, cut the per diem by $5 and make you pay for parking at the site.

Dont go to Grand Gulf, you will reget the experience.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2003, 10:22 »
VOL-hater,
I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but here's a bump for Karma for good screen name. ;D
Besides, if Don likes you, must be OK. ;)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Vol-Hater

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2003, 03:26 »
Don is a good guy.......most people have no idea.

Vol-Hater

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2003, 06:57 »
Without Don, I would still be wondering the streets looking for absolution.

But back to Grand Gulf, according to sources inside the Dark Entergy Organization, they are going to cut every dime until they have you working the outage for free, does not look like a pretty sight.

But the after hours naked party at the Bowling Alley will more that make up for it, I just hope the Site Coordinator is off that night. ;D

shehane

« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2003, 09:26 »
grand gulf is slipping back into their old mold.  they will end up running all the returnees off by screwing them with nickel and dime stuff.  

p.s. - i can't believe you guys told everybody about the after hours parties!!    :o

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:04 »
But the after hours naked party at the Bowling Alley will more that make up for it, I just hope the Site Coordinator is off that night. ;D

Wait a minute!  Bowling alley...naked...your typical beer-belly bowlers NAKED?  Sorry, NOT making a good visual!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

shehane

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2003, 11:56 »
it's a long story, you had to be there. ;)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
;DRe: Talk About: Grand Gulf
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2003, 03:00 »
We need a thread for "Talk About: Don"
Well, maybe "Talk About: Royal Lanes" would get past Rennhack. ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:13 »
I worked with Don at GG and I liked him. Great Guy ;)

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:14 »
Does the "Wheel of 40"s ring a bell :-X

shehane

« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2003, 04:03 »
i thought everyone forgot about the "wheel of 40s" by now. we definitely don't need a "don thread"  too many skeletons for the internet.  we'll dicuss this in a better setting, like a bar or bowling alley! ;D

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2003, 10:35 »
I would like a talk about Don thread, although it has been a number of years.....I still have a few.....I think
Is it time for coffee yet?

DWmonkey

« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2003, 09:27 »
Rumor has it that Norris still has the "wheel of forties" in his office and still uses it every now and then.

wondertech

« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2004, 07:07 »
I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Don and I did right by it for weeks.

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2004, 08:40 »
Do you remember the statement "If you quit, you will be fired?" ;D

wondertech

« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2004, 03:11 »
I do seem to recall those words. ::) That was the only reprimand I ever got with an apollogy. I wonder what Jackie ***** is up to now days.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2004, 11:42 by Roll Tide »

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 04, 2004, 04:31 »
He works with me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?