Grand Gulf

Above Average
13 (23.6%)
Average
17 (30.9%)
Below Average
25 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Grand Gulf  (Read 112112 times)

Offline Hobber

• Very Lite User
Re: Grand Gulf
« Reply #100 on: Jan 05, 2012, 01:18 »
Greetings,

I have a resume (through the Entergy Web site) for: Sr Health Physicist (Nuc)  #Grand Gulf Nuclear Station  (Job# 110346), with a status of "Hiring Manager Review" for almost 2 months now.  Even with the holidays, seems like a long time (even for entergy corporate :D).  Anyone in the area know a status for the job (e.g. filled, pulled, etc)?  Asking here cause the Entergy eRecruit web is NOT very informative.  Thanks in advance
Hobber

Offline Old Dude

• Very Lite User
« Reply #101 on: Mar 14, 2012, 02:08 »
Grand Gulf Has misjudged this EPU outage so bad, They are keeping techs going to Beaver and Palisades until 4/2  Report dates are 4/4. Thats a max of 30 hours to drive 900 miles in two days plus sleep. :'(

The old plantation mentality is back!

This is an Atlantic job. Starting to act like Bartlett 

Fermi2

« Reply #102 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:11 »
I know a guy in licensing at Grand Gulf who is a notable shady character and all around roustabout!

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #103 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:35 »
I know a guy in licensing at Grand Gulf who is a notable shady character and all around roustabout!

Only matched by a crotchety old no account shift manager at Sequoia

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #104 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:51 »
Grand Gulf Has misjudged this EPU outage so bad, They are keeping techs going to Beaver and Palisades until 4/2  Report dates are 4/4. Thats a max of 30 hours to drive 900 miles in two days plus sleep. :'(

The old plantation mentality is back!

This is an Atlantic job. Starting to act like Bartlett 

It doesn't sound like an Atlantic problem unless they are saying you have to stay until the 4th or you won't get - whatever!
It also doesn't sound like plantation mentality unless GG is saying, 'we will keep you from getting any other job unless you stay until the 4th.

JMO
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline nukehz

• Lurker
« Reply #105 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:22 »
What a garbage plant! EPU is horribly understaffed. The in-processing at the beginning happened like they just heard about the outage a week prior. Industrial safety is such an afterthought as to be a near non-factor. Dropped items have been a multiple-times-a-day occurrence, some highlights being a 2" square piece of iron falling 20'+ to hit someone on the hardhat and a 3' crowbar falling 20'+ and missing someone by a foot. Admittedly, the dropped items have decreased over time as dropped item prevention actually began to be enforced. No safety stand down ever occurred. Walking around the plant it is clear that there is little to no concern for material upkeep of the facility. Rooms flooded with groundwater, poor lighting everywhere, degraded insulation, rickety scaffolding inspected annually, and filthy floors with debris and dirt everywhere (before the outage started) make it clear that no cost is left uncut when it comes to managing this plant. Pulling apart valves invariably requires soaking with thread lubricant due to excessive rust from poorly maintained leaking valves. This place is a disaster waiting to happen.

This plant is number last on my list of places to return.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #106 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:34 »
What a garbage plant! EPU is horribly understaffed. The in-processing at the beginning happened like they just heard about the outage a week prior. Industrial safety is such an afterthought as to be a near non-factor. Dropped items have been a multiple-times-a-day occurrence, some highlights being a 2" square piece of iron falling 20'+ to hit someone on the hardhat and a 3' crowbar falling 20'+ and missing someone by a foot. Admittedly, the dropped items have decreased over time as dropped item prevention actually began to be enforced. No safety stand down ever occurred. Walking around the plant it is clear that there is little to no concern for material upkeep of the facility. Rooms flooded with groundwater, poor lighting everywhere, degraded insulation, rickety scaffolding inspected annually, and filthy floors with debris and dirt everywhere (before the outage started) make it clear that no cost is left uncut when it comes to managing this plant. Pulling apart valves invariably requires soaking with thread lubricant due to excessive rust from poorly maintained leaking valves. This place is a disaster waiting to happen.

This plant is number last on my list of places to return.

Hmm.. I know of stand downs, stand up, 1 pm safety checks... so you are not quite accurate.  Also not accurate about little or no concern for material upkeep  But we can agree to disagree... and you do not hit 500 plus days online not caring about plant condition either....

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #107 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:57 »
EPU horribly staffed?  Still have more techs before the outage began than most plants have for their outages, and much better than the Lab side.  As far as the debris and dirt before the outage began, this plant started putting in the new systems long before the outage started, and probably long before you came into in processing.  Speaking of which, when you have ~4500 people for an outage, and a short time to do it, the individual isn't going to get individual attention every moment of the day.  I do agree with the problem of dropped items, but corrections have been made, and the problem, although still present, has dramatically decreased.  It says something for a plant with this many people working for this long to have so few injuries.  I can say that the lighting is a challenge, but we have changed enough light bulbs to fill a B-25 and then some, not to mention the total light change out on the refuel floor.  And lastly, what plant doesn't have water valves that have rust on them from the fact that they are water valves, and some of them haven't been seen since the last shutdown.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline manda_2143

• Lurker
« Reply #108 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:47 »
Does anyone have the training center contact number? I have to call and get my quals put into PADS. Please Thank you!

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #109 on: Jun 25, 2016, 12:57 »
Mike Rennhack!  It was nice to meet you!  I enjoyed sharing information, and the conversation overall.  Welcome to Entergy.  You are a great asset to the company.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #110 on: Jun 25, 2016, 08:37 »
Mike hey I didnt see your message till last night man. My wife is here househunting. I am in the directory my friend!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #111 on: Jun 25, 2016, 10:48 »
Mike Rennhack!  It was nice to meet you!  I enjoyed sharing information, and the conversation overall.  Welcome to Entergy.  You are a great asset to the company.

Thank you.  I enjoyed my trip to GGN.  I was especially impressed with the site safety committee meeting.

Mike hey I didnt see your message till last night man. My wife is here househunting. I am in the directory my friend!

No problem.  I was only in town for a day and a half.  I figured it was a long shot.  Does your wife plan to get a house closer to work, or closer to town?   Most people prefer to be close to town, but I'm not a morning person, and I prefer to be close to work.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #112 on: Jun 25, 2016, 02:14 »
Well I have already broken one of my cardinal rules with a greater than 10 mile drive to work because I drive from Vicksburg. She is looking in Vicksburg and Clinton. Next time you are here I vote for eating at Rustys on the Mississippi River

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #113 on: Jun 25, 2016, 03:07 »
Well I have already broken one of my cardinal rules with a greater than 10 mile drive to work because I drive from Vicksburg. She is looking in Vicksburg and Clinton. Next time you are here I vote for eating at Rustys on the Mississippi River

I ate at Rusty's while I was there. It was amazing.  It was the first time I have had dill pickled okra or dill pickled string beans.  And the Fillet was out of this world.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 07:38 by Rennhack »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #114 on: Jun 25, 2016, 05:32 »
I ate at rustys while I was there. It was amazing.  It was the first time I have had pickled okra or pickled string beans.

yankees.... ::)

and it's Rusty's...not Rustys,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #115 on: Jun 26, 2016, 11:59 »
I never use apostrophes! Mike next time you are in my area we can hit the Beechwood. You will love the filet there!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #116 on: Jul 16, 2018, 03:44 »
Is there anybody at GGNS that can contact me?  Would love to chat with someone from the old stomping grounds.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?