Grand Gulf

Above Average
13 (23.6%)
Average
17 (30.9%)
Below Average
25 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Grand Gulf  (Read 112109 times)

Mitch257

Re: Grand Gulf
« Reply #50 on: Sep 11, 2006, 06:35 »
It was about 15 years ago when I worked as a contract trainer there, had a very positive experience with a SRO-I Management Cert class.  The heat and humiditiy in the summer have to be experienced to believe them. 

I did some NRC exams there too, and overall the management seems to be serious about doing things right - for example, if you reported tools laying around near the Diesel, or oil leaks on it, they were genuinely glad to have the information, and when you went back the next day, the problem had been fixed. 

I don't know what it's like to do an outage there. 

radman5030

« Reply #51 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:22 »
By far the worst plant that I ever worked at, no breaks,supervisors (Xxxxx)....well if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything, so I won't comment on him.  The town was too lovely for Gen. Grant to burn so they say, well all I can say a whole bunch has changed since Grant last saw it.....

It really makes me wonder how they have a licence to operate. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:25 by Marlin »

alphadude

« Reply #52 on: Nov 16, 2006, 09:21 »
so you have some problems there? tell us how you really feel... mmm love those ham sandwiches

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 16, 2006, 01:45 »
By far the worst plant that I ever worked at, no breaks,supervisors (Xxxxx)....well if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything, so I won't comment on him.  The town was too lovely for Gen. Grant to burn so they say, well all I can say a whole bunch has changed since Grant last saw it.....

It really makes me wonder how they have a licence to operate. 
Don't sugar coat how you really feel.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:26 by Marlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #54 on: Apr 13, 2007, 07:56 »
 I enjoyed Bud's hospitality and the rates were decent. Really liked the set up, except Spanky snored too loud two doors down :P

LaFeet

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 06:42 »
Wow.... and I was thinking about going back....  mayhap I shall

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 08:29 »
Wow.... and I was thinking about going back....  mayhap I shall

I worked at Grand Gulf for their last outage in March. I worked in Operations and really liked the plant. I wouldn't mind transferring up there sometime.

LaFeet

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 09:27 »
 I understand they be looking for a little help right about now

LaFeet

« Reply #58 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:25 »
Someonetell Harry Nickels that his favorite RMS tech is looking for a job

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Oct 07, 2007, 01:33 »
You must mean Jim.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 07, 2007, 02:20 »
 ;D

yes, i think so.

LaFeet

« Reply #61 on: Oct 08, 2007, 03:34 »
Jim might be his favorite Drywell tech  or something else  but never in the RMS was Jimmy sent to

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Oct 08, 2007, 02:26 »
Jim might be his favorite Drywell tech  or something else  but never in the RMS was Jimmy sent to
....where?

LaFeet

« Reply #63 on: Oct 12, 2007, 10:57 »
da camera / radio room..... the bowels o hell that Harry cramed me into since there was no house techs around to do it.... that room that the NRC hated having the shades closed on....

vikingfan

« Reply #64 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:30 »
i hear through the gravevine that there was an incident the other day were someone was moving fue and ended up hitting the wall and bending the refueling mast ?? anyone have any additional info on this ?

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #65 on: Jul 07, 2008, 10:23 »
Anyone want to start a pool as to whether or not they will let me come back to GGNS?  Thinking about going back as a contractor this fall. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #66 on: Jul 07, 2008, 11:03 »
YOU could probably get in before I do........
Is it time for coffee yet?

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #67 on: Jul 08, 2008, 05:11 »
I'll take that Bet! 

Hell, I believe they'll even hire a corpse, I'm fairly sure they had a couple there last outage!

RG........... :-X

Offline XGDubNuke

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #68 on: Jul 19, 2008, 02:47 »
Anyone know of a good place to live within a decent driving distance of the plant?

Offline WebbedOne

• Very Lite User
« Reply #69 on: Jul 19, 2008, 06:12 »
I work at Grand Gulf and would be happy to answer questions you may have.  GGNS is located in a very rural area of MS.  Most of us drive 30 minutes or more to work.  Vicksburg (30 min), Natchez (45 min), Clinton (60 min), Brookhaven (75 min) and Madison (90 min) are a few of the communities people at work commute from.  The public schools in Madison, Clinton and Brookhaven are supposed to be good.  The other communities have good parochial schools.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2008, 06:22 by WebbedOne »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #70 on: Jul 19, 2008, 06:28 »
If they would let you work the summer at WBN, I dont see why you cant work The Gulf in the fall!

I mean, there is always room for you little buddy! 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline XGDubNuke

• Light User
« Reply #71 on: Jul 21, 2008, 08:59 »
Thanks WebbedOne, I PM'D you!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #72 on: Jul 21, 2008, 10:00 »
Apparently, they have made the place much smaller.  I asked about an opening there 3 weeks ago and I can't get in touch with anyone now.  So the denial took less time than I thought.  I could be worse!  They could MAKE me work Dresden. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

clcartwr

« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:49 »
Any body going for the nuclear axillary operator position?  Got all the information for the POSS test in the mail last week but I'm not taking it because they are using past results.  Just wondering if any one else here is going for it.....

TarHeelBred

« Reply #74 on: Mar 16, 2009, 01:44 »
I interviewed for the Aux. Op. position last week, and am waiting to hear back. I see you posted back in Jan... have you made in progress? Blah, the waiting post-interview is harsh.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?