Waterford

Above Average
11 (31.4%)
Average
13 (37.1%)
Below Average
11 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Waterford  (Read 37353 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Waterford
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:07 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

philpatton

Re: Talk About: Waterford
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2003, 08:36 »
Worked a calc indexing program for them out of DE&S’s Atlanta Office.  I “had” to fly down once a month.  Great area.  Won $90. bucks at the slots.  Great place to be.

LMDeane

Re: Talk About: Waterford
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2003, 07:01 »
Took a 5-week vacation-relief assignment there, processing waste water for the holiday season.  Turned into a 5-month hitch holding down the fort while they located a P-FT replacement for the "vacationer" who never returned.  All said & told, was smooth sailing thanks much to F.Davis, P.Kelley & HP/RW techs; GREAT bunch of guys. ;D  Absolutely loved being paid for my first Mardi Gras experience!  It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity! 8)

hambone

Re: Rate Waterford
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2003, 12:43 »
Spent alot of time at waterford, Plant's good, the people are great. The area, well it is New Orleans something to do 24-7.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Waterford
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:31 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

DWmonkey

Re: Waterford
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 01:51 »
What's this I hear about trying to lift the UGS with it still bolted in and breaking the rigging on the polar crane?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 08:43 »
Actually, the "house Refuelers" were raising the ICI plate an additional 17" to support divers doing a mod to the UGS.(to support thimble growth)They forgot (or didn't know) that there were stops installed to prevent raising higher then normal.Not using a load cell they raised the ICI plate up until the wire rope over the crane hook snapped.A CR was written as a near miss,This was down graded to a "mistake"by the powers that be.It's funny, 2 "refuelers" were standing on the lift rig platform when this happened and could have been seriously injured or worse,killed.( I was there and seen it happen)
Call Before You Dig!

DWmonkey

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 01:22 »
That's what I was hoping for was an eyewitness account and not third hand information. I have worked the RF floor there many outages and something didn't sound right.  Thanks.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 08:40 »
By the way, the UGS doesn't get "bolted" in the vessel.
Call Before You Dig!

tonynuke

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 09:24 »
One of many events here at Waterford this time that make this outage just a little bit "off", which seems to be par for the course...lol.  The old, tap on the shoulder, "Your laid off", is also in full swing.  Anyway on a lighter note, New Orleans is a blast!

DWmonkey

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 01:03 »
Bolted; latched; picky picky.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 11:46 »
actually, the UGS was sitting in the deep end, and the clamps keeping the ICI plate from lifting were not original equipment, as far as I was told. They were removed later, and the evolution was completed.  (I was there supporting the evolution within about 15 feet when it snapped.  Thank God it snapped where it did, or it could have been much worse.  The "house refuelers" both had their hands on the rigging guiding it when the upper rigging parted)
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2005, 07:40 »
Talk About: Waterford

What's up with Waterford following Katrina?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:23 »
Waterford shut down Saturday in advance of Katrina.I don't think they are even considering restarting anytime soon.I've tried contacting people at the plant since Tuesday to no avail.Things are real bad down there.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2005, 01:20 »
As Nuke workers we should be showing more concern for the people. I have tried to call friends there but there are no phone lines. I wanted to offer a place for the families of the nukeworkers to stay.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2005, 02:34 by Camella Black »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2005, 05:48 »
As Nuke workers we should be showing more concern for the people. I have tried to call friends there but there are no phone lines. I wanted to offer a place for the families of the nukeworkers to stay.

And exactly how can we show concern that will do any good? The only thing that will help right now is to get relief, and the only way we can really affect that is volunteer (most of us are not in a position to do that right now) or send money... which I am sure many, possibly most, of us have done. Posting messages is fine but has zero effect. If you are in a position to do something please do... but the people that need the help probably don't have access to a computer to receive our moral support and that would be low on the list anyway.

Help if you can, pray if you believe, send money if you have it.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2005, 05:49 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2005, 09:15 »
we as nuke workers can offer a home for the techs working working many hours and their families still out there.

azhitmadrurz

New Class at Waterford3
« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:11 »
Has anyone heard anything regarding the new class for Waterford3? I interviewed and was told I'd hear back within three weeks either way. Its over four weeks and still nothing. Does anyone have some insight?
I am thinking they either didnt call me because I didnt get a position, or possibly they have delayed the start of the classes which was supposed to be mid to late April. It doesnt seem they can make offers and then do background checks by then.

Does anyone know whats going on over there?

Hobber

« Reply #18 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:31 »
Evidently the class got delayed.  I just got a call today from HR wanting to arrange an interview (I already did the POSS testing and related stuff at ANO).  The HR rep said that they wanted to start the class NLT early June.  Good luck.

Hobber

tommybenson

« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2006, 08:02 »
I dont know when the classes officially begin, but some of the new hires, if not all, will begin work on May 1st.

fireman425

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 04:58 »
New Class....

supposed to start next week, may get delayed.... not sure how many are in it

fireman425

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42 »
new NAO's.....   13 of us start class june 5th

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 11:10 »
Congratulations Fireman!
Keep us posted, and we expect to see 12 other new nukeworker members soon!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:10 by Roll Tide »
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #23 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:27 »
Who is the RPM at Waterford III now, Jon Cary? 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Deep'n the Swamps

• Light User
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:50 »
This area is a little too complicated for generalities. If you PM me, maybe I can provide some specific help...I live nearby. As for the plant, never worked it..
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?