River Bend

Above Average
6 (12.5%)
Average
12 (25%)
Below Average
30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: River Bend  (Read 52547 times)

slattmandu

Re: River Bend
« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2009, 11:33 »
I heard a little rumour earlier in my shift. I heard the Palace might be sending a ALARA type and a couple Rad. Waste handlers (house decon) down to assist with the outage.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #26 on: Sep 29, 2009, 06:47 »
They tried to recruit a couple here from VY for the same rescue mission - nobody bit - no agreement to cover expenses, pay, etc...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

LaFeet

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32 »
Wow  am I out of touch   hope all went well down there.  Too bad Im out of the lopp for a while.  I do miss some of the outages.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2011, 03:34 »
coming around that time... anyone know our outage bonus?

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2011, 08:13 »
The bonus is the opportunity to work more..... and feel good about yourself.  :o

lmao, youre still brainwashed by the navy my friend. :) We get PAYED for overtime here ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2011, 09:58 »
  I think that I am bringing something new to this forum... I just haven't put a finger on what I would call it...

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2011, 10:39 »
Yes! I am like Sarah Palin to democracy!

Try TP and then you might know!  ;D
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2011, 05:44 »
Hahahaha ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2011, 01:03 »
Yes! I am like Sarah Palin to democracy!

I think we have found DaveWarren's long-lost lovechild from WestPac many moons ago ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2011, 03:59 »
Well Sir, your criticism is fair and I find it to be a compliment. I did have to do some research because it appeared to be a term commonly used by a younger girl.... But in your case, completely acceptable!  I think that I am bringing something new to this forum... I just haven't put a finger on what I would call it...

So what you are saying, you are the antithesis to a "goob".  ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #35 on: Mar 12, 2011, 09:53 »
So I made fun of this girl at work today by immitaing large breasts and speaking rather incoherently, and I was told that I was a goob.
Thats 2 times in my life, both this week, that this has come up. Only this time I was prepared for it, because I knew what it was.
If it means doing stuff like the above, then I guess I am. This term just doesn't sound appealing to me though, and I am not sure who this Dave Warren cat is.
Does he look like the model in the picture? That picture btw is going to be me when I start my own Navy with less BS...

First Confederate Navy Of Texas eh? :D or Mchales Navy?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2011, 12:15 »
Texas Lake Navy, btw we have completely derailed this thread... Like completely...

You are correct.  Posts will disappear in the cleanup.  Thanks for understanding.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2011, 12:06 »
You are correct.  Posts will disappear in the cleanup.  Thanks for understanding.

Sorry bossman! should I make a new thread for my question?

Dinerp

« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:14 »
Riverbend has some good house tech. I can not say the same for management. I will not go back and I am probably not welcome back.

Offline Bill Nichols

• Lurker
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2015, 07:17 »
Just processed out (RF-18) and don't know why River Bend has received such poor ratings.  The fifth RPM in five years (Brad Cole) seems to be a good guy and he's more than willing to buck outage/plant management - he did it this outage.  He will enforce sound RP practices regardless of push-back from senior management.
Each technician has an assigned role and (s)he won't get jerked around.
The RP facilities are very nice.  The house techs are supportive and friendly, same with the supervisors.  The outage was heavily staffed with contract decon technicians and RPs; many, many returnees.  Some (don't know how many) house decon technicians.  The instrument technicians keep all of the instruments working.  They even keep the radios/headsets working.
Overall, River Bend is a nice place to work.

Down-side:
The facility is huge and finding your way through the maze is difficult.
Coffee is hard to find.
The cafeteria is outside the protected area but there is an outage cafe just outside the Services Building (just downstairs from Access Control).  The cafe's hours of operation, though, are minimal.
DZ had a break trailer but it was too distant to be useful.
I hesitate to say this because River Bend was my first boiler in 32 years but the contamination levels seem extremely high.  Extremely high.  Rad smearable is too common and multiple mRad smearable is everywhere.  The oxide layer can be measured with a ruler.
The facility has an incredible number of instruments but as might be expected, there are too few during crunch time.  Finding a Hivol shortly after a big clearance is hung proves to be difficult (hoarding might be the issue).  Same with portable friskers.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Mar 25, 2015, 02:26 »
I left RBS a couple of weeks ago and had a similar experience, however, I didn't have any issues finding instruments after the outage started. (I was there for a month before it started)

I agree that the staff there is great! it was one of the best outages I have had in a long time.

Contam is industry average. These plants aren't new. (Brown's Ferry is a "dirty" plant if you ask me.)

And the plant wasn't hard to navigate, but if you have spent 30+ years in a PWR, then yeah, boilers are harder to find things in.

If I had to complain about anything it would have been the prices..... shocker, right? The hotels raised rates to $500 or so a week, the cafeteria cost 9 dollars for a burger and fries (and they had a huge ARI with the taste versus value position)

And the town of St. Francisville had very little to do on your days off which meant driving 40 minutes plus to Baton Rouge.

Last but not least, the pay / diem rate could use a good 20% bump!

Great time of year to go, there weren't ANY mosquitoes!!!

Just my .02

-Doc
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Joe Mama

• Very Lite User
« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2018, 12:52 »
What is Riverbend like now?
Is unit 2 still a hole in the ground?
I was there as a house tech from 89 to 92, during that time, we had the whole place deconned.
How things have degenerated so.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2018, 12:57 by Joe Mama »

Offline pmurberg92

• Lurker
« Reply #42 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:47 »
I'm trying to get Riverbend NRC form 4 dose records for 2013 and 2017. 
Is there a phone no or email to contact?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Nov 23, 2018, 02:58 »
I'm trying to get Riverbend NRC form 4 dose records for 2013 and 2017. 
Is there a phone no or email to contact?

https://www.reirs.com/requests.html

https://apps.orau.gov/CER/DoseHistoryRequest/Form

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2018, 02:59 by Rennhack »

Offline legacy65

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Riverbend lodging, and atmosphere at the plant
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2019, 01:12 »
Anyone have any thoughts on lodging at Riverbend and the atmosphere at the plant in RP.

Offline LillyB

• Lurker
« Reply #45 on: Feb 25, 2022, 11:23 »
Looking for lodging for Riverbend area for 1 male Ben Spainhour contact 4795674392

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:23 »
I liked it there....some of the lead techs were good and a couple of the supervisors were good.  They elevated one of the superVs to superintendent.  He was excellent.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?