River Bend

Above Average
6 (12.5%)
Average
12 (25%)
Below Average
30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: River Bend  (Read 52614 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
River Bend
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:04 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
Re: Talk About: River Bend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2003, 09:32 »
:o :o :o :oI AM SCHEDULED TO GO TO THE REFUELING OUTAGE AT RIVERBEND,i WOULD APPRECIATE ANY LODGING INFO ABOUT THIS AREA. ::) ::) ::) ::)
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

wizzer

River Bend
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 01:58 »
What's the scoop on River Bend?  Heard their last outage was a tough one with lots of challenges for RP.

Offline luckyu

• Light User
  • Nuclear power has been good to me$$$$$$$
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 11:24 »
We've had better.  Until the CEO's who are running these plants come to the realization that the last place you want to cut corners and budgets is in RP, it's my opinion that more plants are going to have outages from HELL. PSL, River Bend, Perry have had their problems already.  I'm sure there are others that we haven't heard about this spring.

maxupdate

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 07:57 »
Seems to be a lot belt tightening going on these days.  And RP is often undervalued for its role at the station.  Sites where senior site management values and supports RP are really at an advantage.  I think non-RP management sometimes forgets that a significant SNAFU in RP or a number of minor ones can get the plant on the NRC's radar screen just as quickly as anything else...and think of all the help they (NRC) will give you then.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
River Bend
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:31 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

LaFeet

Re: River Bend
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2004, 10:30 »
Okay... this is my first outage after a nuber of DOE and D&D projects.  And I ahve to say that I have had fun... perhaps sweaty fun... but fun none the less.  Looking forward to other outages for the experience and people.

radman5030

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:35 »
You are in shock...Be glad you didn't work at Grand Goof, River Bend is bad enough, Look what it did for your spelling....  :)

Now try to make a living in commercial power with 10 to 30 day outages, you will come back down to earth. 

This too shall pass, good luck.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2004, 04:37 by radman5030 »

LaFeet

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2006, 08:03 »
You are in shock...Be glad you didn't work at Grand Goof, River Bend is bad enough, Look what it did for your spelling....  :)

Now try to make a living in commercial power with 10 to 30 day outages, you will come back down to earth. 

This too shall pass, good luck.

I managed to have a great time at Riverbend, an in the drywell at that.  Worked for a couple of fun supervisors and harrassed the heck out of AD Payne.

I also strolled through Grand Gulf recently with the same results.  I have made a very nice living during the past few outage cycles and will probably continue to do so for the next two years.

As for my spelling,  well, thats because I still drink real beer and not the fizzy yellow weak stuff....  ;D

Joe Mama

« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2006, 06:10 »
I use to be a house tech there.   Shady people were in charge of the Radiation Protection group.   Ed XXXXX and Wayne XXXXX are very nasty  people.  I understand they are not there anymore.   Good.

Edit: removed actual names due to libel concerns
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2006, 07:46 by Roll Tide »

remowil55

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2006, 07:26 »
I worked River Bendyouover, on refuel #4, i have to say in fairness they were owned by Gulf States Utilities at that time. It was a normal refuel, it took 7 months, and it sucked. That is the only plant that i have said i would never work again and i haven't. That part of Lousiana was great but the plant was a nightmare. There were so many accidents that we use to bet on what time the Ambulance was going to show up. The horror stories i could tell you about that place.Remo

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2006, 06:02 »
So what's the skinny with River Bend? Anyone been there recently?  I am considering a job there and hoped for some info... Thanks...

Asa1

« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2006, 09:28 »
Started there. It was a good place to learn.

shovelheadred

« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2006, 09:11 »
....worked a short maintenance outage in February..house techs were very accomodating (spelling?)...they treated us like rent-a-techs should be treated,,,they cooked every nightshift and included us,,,the site contact was a great guy, he kept 4-5 people after the outage, and the techs that needed to leave early he let go,,Lane Johnson ( son of the late /great Dave Johnson) an old school renta tech,,,took care of the nightshift...I dont usually have much to say about a plant...but this one was good in february 2006, may not be now, but was then......... the Wayne and Ed show is over, they also trashed the Ferry, back in 85' before they left to go to Riverbend

LaFeet

« Reply #14 on: Apr 15, 2007, 02:19 »
Keep meaning to go back.... just have not made room in the schedule yet.  Gotta agree with ya Shovelhead about how they treat the renties.... made me fell right at home and welcome, and it was my first outage - period.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:47 »
Sure is Quiet? 

Their first outage with the NEW & IMPROVED, finely tuned, management team!

Any chance for an improvement in the poll?

RG!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 03, 2008, 08:25 »
Does anyone have a contact in the ALARA Department that can give me information on River Bend's Reactor Recirc Pump Changeout Dose?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 02:42 »
Heard a rumor that the next outage might be 60 days.  Yes?  No?

Thanks!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 03:04 »
Heard a rumor that the next outage might be 60 days.  Yes?  No?

Thanks!

We were told at least 40 days.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 04:31 »
We were told at least 40 days.

Cool! 

Don't suppose you've heard if they are going to be bringing down shared-resource from the northern plants?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 05:10 »
I have no idea.

refuelflunkie

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 07:29 »
It is currently scheduled for 24 days.  No word on northern shared resources.

wmbesaw

« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2009, 10:56 »
When is scheduled to start?

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2009, 11:23 »
I believe around Sept 20th. I am not a big fan of outages so I personally hope it is short n sweet as long as they fix what they need too. We finally have had a decent run. If it had not been for Hurricane Gustav it would have been just shy of bkr to bkr.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
How goes the outage
« Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2009, 12:56 »
Heard rumors of a few contamination issues, possibly short staffed for RP - howzitgoin??
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?