Facility & Company Information > Palo Verde

Palo Verde

(1/66) > >>

Rennhack:
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

DesertDog:
Any feedback on Palo Verde? Is it a good place to work? How's the pay and benefits for inhouse jobs? Is management worker friendly? Any big problems? Any other info would be appreciated! THX (dog) (dog)

Havasu_Dude:
               Like any other plant, some like it, some hate it.  I enjoy it there, however I work for people I like and get along with.  Some of the house techs like it, others don't.  They have shift techs and straight days.   Day shift is 4 10's which ain't a bad thing.  Pay for the area is not bad.  During the outage they work 5 12's.  Remeber though, there is 3 units so you have a outage every spring and every fall.  Hope this helps. 8)

5049:
I spent 8+ years working in the engineering organization there (haven't been there in a few years). Overall, I thought that the employees were generally treated and paid well.  PVNGS went through a couple "compensation reviews" for their direct employees while I was there and they appeared to set the various pay grades above the market value (however they determined that) in order to attract and keep quality folks.

My experience was that the management is demanding, but usually fair. I really liked the people there, even the HP types that always seemed to take a somewhat sadistic pleasure in quizzing the engineers on RCA requirements as they entered.   ;D

I always thought that the 4-10 schedule was great, although the location of the plant made for a long commute from the far side of Phoenix. Phoenix is a great place to live, providing you don't need snow on the ground in the winter and can live through the really hot part of the summer.

Imaginos:
"even the HP types that always seemed to take a somewhat sadistic pleasure in quizzing the engineers on RCA requirements as they entered. "

Don't take it personally; infrequent visitors to the RCA (some engineers, fer instance) pull some pretty wild and citable tricks out of their hats...  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version