Palo Verde

Above Average
28 (35.9%)
Average
26 (33.3%)
Below Average
24 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Palo Verde  (Read 301573 times)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Re: Palo Verde
« Reply #200 on: Jan 27, 2007, 10:21 »
NYPD has the best pizza anymore.....there is no good mex food there anymore.....phx SUX!!

M1Ark

« Reply #201 on: Jan 30, 2007, 03:11 »
Anyone know why Unit 3 shutdown yesterday?

DJM75

« Reply #202 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:32 »
battery testing

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #203 on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:35 »
Anyone know why Unit 3 shutdown yesterday?

Unit 3 actually shut down early 1/27. DJM75 is correct about battery testing. An 18 month ST revealed diminished capacity (although still >100%), turning it into a 12 month ST. Twelve months is up in late April, but with the underabundance of regulatory margin the plant has at the moment, the decision was made to do it now. It's also warmer in the desert in late April than it is in late January..... ;)
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #204 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:23 »
If you had 2 days to kill while at Palo Verde for an interview what would you do?

Thanks

Justin

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #205 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:42 »
Go to Vegas for a week, and forget the interview.
No,really.  I'd go see Camelback Mountain and catch a Diamondbacks game.  The stadium is way cool.  You can watch the game from the TGI Friday's in Left Field, or the Diamond Club in Right Field.  The food is fantastic and the bar is well stocked.  Not the best view of the game though.  Go early for a night game and have a few brews at Sliders.  It's right near the ticket windows on the walkway outside the stadium.  The bartenders are worth the visit.
Drive up north to Winslow and stand on a corner.  You can even buy that t shirt.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #206 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:58 »
...or visit Alice Cooper'stown for those few brews before the game; it's a 3 minute walk from there to the stadium.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #207 on: Apr 10, 2007, 03:58 »
Thanks for the info!

Justin

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #208 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:50 »
If you had 2 days to kill while at Palo Verde for an interview what would you do?

Ultra-light flights over the desert are beautiful. I will never forget it.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

jimsoucie

« Reply #209 on: Jul 02, 2007, 09:46 »
Hey just put my resume in for the Aux operator. Just wondering what the pay is like out there. Currently i am an NSO at Seabrook station but id like to get out west.  Also are my chances good having a degree and 4 years experience in commercial power

DJM75

« Reply #210 on: Jul 02, 2007, 11:08 »
Yes having a degreee and 4 years experience will give you a good chance here.  They are starting people off at about $4300/month then you get 2 raises as you get qualified you end up being paid aroun $32-33/hr once fully qualified.  They are talking about hiring those with degrees at a little higer rate to start but I believe once qualified the new people will all be at the same level.  Good Luck

Offline Raze

• Very Lite User
« Reply #211 on: Aug 18, 2007, 04:21 »
Ya there is a place right outside the plant where guys stay. I can't think of the name but can get you more information next tuesday. A lot of them drive 4 wheelers into work. LOL

Appreciated.  My truck is only 2WD, and the location doesn't sound particularly developed, but maybe there's more to it.

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #212 on: Aug 18, 2007, 04:58 »
We may have our challenges out here, but the roads are paved...  ;)

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #213 on: Aug 18, 2007, 09:53 »
Appreciated.  My truck is only 2WD, and the location doesn't sound particularly developed, but maybe there's more to it.

I'm betting he's referring to ATV's, not 4WD trucks.  Am I right Imaginos?  At least that's what I got and thought you confirmed with your response.   :P
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #214 on: Aug 18, 2007, 10:00 »
I'm betting he's referring to ATV's, not 4WD trucks.  Am I right Imaginos?  At least that's what I got and thought you confirmed with your response.   :P

I did indeed presume he meant ATV's, as I saw one guy riding one in every morning during the last outage, albeit with all the other traffic down W'burg Road...   :D

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #215 on: Aug 18, 2007, 12:41 »
Oh yes I meant ATVs and not that they need them for road conditions or whatever. Just because they are so close, and its cheaper on gas. :) Nothing to actually do with 4 wheel drive. :) Sorry for the confusion

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Palo Verde UE
« Reply #216 on: Nov 02, 2007, 03:02 »

McBride

Re: Palo Verde UE
« Reply #217 on: Nov 02, 2007, 03:16 »

duke99301

« Reply #218 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:14 »
wow and I am at the site

RADBASTARD

« Reply #219 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:38 »
Sounds like he was a computer programmer conractor from the phoniex area.
He says he usually drive his motorcycle to work and doesn't know how it got there.
I guess the FBI will do all the lie dectector tests and interviews to see if he knew or was full of crap and tried to blow up something inside.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #220 on: Nov 02, 2007, 04:44 »
I got the day off because of it. So I guess thats positive. Kinda scary though to think what coulda happened.

Here is local news;

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/1102paloverdebreach02-ON.html

Justin
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007, 04:44 by JustinHEMI05 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
When Computer Programmers attack.....
« Reply #221 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:22 »
Sounds like he was a computer programmer conractor from the phoniex area.

Just in case you can't picture a computer programmer really sabotaging a major facility...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/04/18/state/n155559D22.DTL

Offline wainfiggitty

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Carpooling at PVNGS?
« Reply #222 on: Dec 16, 2007, 03:45 »
I just got an offer as an RP tech and am doing my research for moving into the area.  When I was interviewing there was a mention of people carpooling, and was wondering what routes are available?  I'm looking for a room to rent so it will help to know which routes would be close.

Thanks

duke99301

« Reply #223 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:11 »
get a place in Tolleson you will love it there and it is only 50 miles one way to the site nice cup of joe and a buttered roll.
and relax all the roads are the same during rush hour.
good luck

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #224 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:00 »
Why Tolleson?  Why not Buckeye?

According to our facility info page:
http://www.nukeworker.com/maps/facility/PaloVerde1.html

There is a nice place in Tonopah:
http://www.google.com/local?radius=15&q=category:+Motels+%26+Hotels&near=85354

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?