Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138673 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:58 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:51 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There is a KOA Kampground at Rock Port,Mo. which is about 7 miles from the Cooper Plant. Full hookups for RV's some spaces have telephone capabilities.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper Contracts
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2002, 03:54 »
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2002, 12:49 »
the plant itself is in pretty good shape, and there are some good folks to work with at that facility....did I miss the Rate: Cooper ?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Rate Cooper
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2002, 01:01 »
some good people there, facility in good shape. Hard to get in for outages. Watch out for the deer on the county road!

DNJONES

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2002, 04:42 »
8)Going back to Cooper for the third time this spring. Love the people and the area.And yes watch out for the deer.
(y) (y) (y) =D

DNJONES

Re: Cooper Contracts
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2003, 02:58 »
PPM (POWER PLANT MAINTENECE) SOCIETY HILL S.C.
BARTLETT
THESE ARE TWO I KNOW OF. I WILL TRY TO GET FULL LIST WHEN
I GET ONSIGHT FEB. 4TH.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Cooper Contracts
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2003, 06:17 »
Stay on the good side of the Chape !

Offline gmoney

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2003, 04:41 »
Try to find some reasonable lodging.
I would guess the percentage of returnee's is one of the lowest in the country, for that very reason.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2003, 05:45 »
Try Auburn Inn, 402-274-3143, or the Palmer House Motel 800-272-3143 .Rates are usually reasonable. They are near Darling's Cafe and Wheeler Inn, some of my favorite dining establishments, great Midwestern hospitality! :)

Reddy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2003, 08:38 »
just watch out for the cops giving speeding tickets to the non-townies...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2003, 09:35 »
Refueling outage coming up soon, any thoughts on what the duration will be?

Reddy

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2003, 06:07 »
During the last outage at Cooper, did anyone lose a small male pug, wearing a leash halter?

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2003, 06:41 »
Cooper now officially has the lowest rating of any operating facility.  Glad to not be there!!! ???

Reddy

« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2003, 05:55 »
It's no surprise to me that it's the poorest rated.

ratwife

« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2003, 03:57 »
Message from the Cooper RPM

Before RFO-21 we were very adamant about wearing greens in the RCA.  There have been very few exceptions made to your request, and you have had most of the say-so on these exceptions.  However, when I walk around the plant, the people who have been the most out of line with the normal attire are the Chem and RPTs.  We have set a standard for wearing greens into the RCA, now let's set the standard for what we will allow for use; starting with ourselves.  Please ensure that all RP; house, USA, and Barltett start wearing the standard  greens that we supply.  Keep in mind that we are setting a standard that supports the impression of professionalism.  We do a professional job and making changes like this promotes that image to others.
However, when I walk around the plant, people, RP and Chemistry included, are wearing many different combinations of the standard issue greens and greens from outside CNS (i.e. flowered tops, purple sets, Hawaiian styles, etc.)  We have set a standard for wearing greens into the RCA, now let's set the standard for what we will allow for use.  Please enforce the use of the standard CNS issued greens in the field and communicate this to the workers.  Keep in mind that we are setting a standard that supports the impression of professionalism.  We do a professional job at CNS and making changes, like standardizing the use of greens, promotes that image to others

They only issued me three sets of Scrubs, and there are no locker or shower facilities on site. How professional is it to wear stinky/dirty Scrubs while I'm working 6-12s  :o

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2003, 10:53 »
And they wonder why NPPD and NRC wants to shut them down. I guess the color of your scrubs must be the most important thing this RPM has to worry about. How sad :P :'( :'(

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2003, 03:02 »
just be glad you dont have to use the men's rooms, because they have had the same slow commodes and busted lock/peek-a-boo doors on them for the past couple years....

lizard_wizard

« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2003, 08:05 »
What on earth are you guys doing at Cooper? Didn’t they shut down under some kind of letter; afraid they would never start up again? Didn’t they get permission to start back up right after they started enforcing the scrub policy? (a connection between the two maybe). It is a miracle that you guys were able to start up from 20 previous outages with that unprofessional look. Since Cooper is the lowest rated plant in the NRC’s Reactor Oversight Program, (next to last category by themselves), maybe your priority’s should be focused elsewhere. Normally you get visits from NRC when you are treading water. I know, make everyone stencil their clothes and undergarments followed by random stencil checks. That would make them look and act even more professional. I think someone has been smoking the cornhusks down there instead of eating the corn.

workinman

« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2003, 02:02 »
Let's see?  If I had my choice of going back to Cooper or shaving my head with a wood rasp, I'd be on my way to the hardware store!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2003, 03:45 »
Oh, by the way, the three sets of Modestries issued at Cooper are blue not green .....go figure...

[smiley=argue.gif]
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

lizard_wizard

« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2003, 01:45 »
When I was there in 01, the opposing attorney in their lawsuit stated in the Lincoln Journal Star the the management at Cooper was in a "death spiral of stupidity". It appears that they have proved him right.

damfuzzy

« Reply #22 on: Mar 10, 2003, 09:20 »
Did NMC take over their management yet? If so, have things gotten any better? Worse?  Thanks...

Dave

workinman

(afro) (afro)Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2003, 04:46 »
Supposedly they are managing the place but some kind of legal problems are preventing them from having complete control.  Hopefully it will turn around, there are some great people here and I think that they and the plant's performance are held back by resistance to change!  I know what I said earlier about the whole wood rasp thing but that was just a little humor, each place has it's own quirks, it's not as bad here as it sounds.

(afro)

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2003, 05:40 »
Speaking of Cooper Policy...The site coordinator has stated that the NRRPT cert is good for 5 years.  No exceptions.  Tell that to a CHP or your family doctor.  Tell that to your CPA while he does your taxes.  

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2003, 04:39 »
Not to mention the delay in starting due to SAP "Stops All Production" computer software. Does any other power plant use SAP?

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2003, 05:01 »
Does anyone know a Phil Barringer?

Wasn't there a incident involving sleeping on a toilet?  :-X

http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

fluxmama

« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2003, 06:45 »
Posted by: HydroDave63 Posted on: Mar 12th, 2003, 8:39pm
Not to mention the delay in starting due to SAP "Stops All Production" computer software. Does any other power plant use SAP?

Hope Creek and Salem have used SAP for several years now.  It's very powerful software, but just about the most anal program I've ever seen.   Not at all intuitive, and very unforgiving of mistakes.  The original program was not designed for Nuclear, but was written for German production companies.  In some places in our version, if you go about twenty screens deep you'll find stuff in German.  There's no HP module, either, so we had to buy a bolt-on program for dose tracking, access control, instrument and respirator tracking, etc.   With SAP it's easy to become a slave to your computer instead of getting out in the plant, but the Performance Indicator crowd and the keystroke-counting, how-are-you-spending-your-time weenies love it.
If Cooper is just getting on board with SAP, they'll probably have a rough couple of years, especially in work planning and scheduling.

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2003, 10:23 »
Well, I am here working the outage and I have to tell ya I have worked a lot worse plants than this! (beaver Valley, Pointless Beach, etc)  The plant is quite clean contamination wise, and pretty good on dose rates as well.  There are some problems, like the Management over-reacting to any small problem.
M. Shannon just left and didn't hit them too hard on stuff, just
the usual Human Performance errors, etc.  
NMC is not here in any capacity at this time.
In conclusion, the plant is showing it's age and could be ran better, but, it is overall a lot better than I expected.

Reddy

« Reply #29 on: Mar 15, 2003, 11:41 »
Well, I am here working the outage and I have to tell ya I have worked a lot worse plants than this! (beaver Valley, Pointless Beach, etc)  The plant is quite clean contamination wise, and pretty good on dose rates as well.  There are some problems, like the Management over-reacting to any small problem.
In conclusion, the plant is showing it's age and could be ran better, but, it is overall a lot better than I expected.

The "management" only reacts to the little stuff.  They simply ignore the big stuff.  In 2002 "management" patted themselves on the back for their cost savings when they eliminated a certain brand of paper-towels.

Seems NMC isn't committed to Cooper these days.

lizard_wizard

« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2003, 04:48 »
If Cooper is in outage, why has no one brought up the subject of the Cooper Wives? Were they a no show this time or is management taking to much of the spotlight?

workinman

« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2003, 06:14 »
CWC is still going strong!  They now have a representative in Bartlett site Mgt. (afro)

K_Engebretson

« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2003, 01:03 »
LONG LIVE THE CWC!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2003, 03:42 »
LONG LIVE THE CWC!!! ;D ;D ;D

You go Girl

Have some Karma

lizard_wizard

« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2003, 04:25 »
How many of you at Cooper know what SAP stands for without looking it up? You speak so highly of it that I thought I would check it out. It seems that the sap.com website only uses the SAP abbreviation. Is it the same as the Symbolic Assembler Program that was developed in the 1950's? If it is, I'd say somebody got kickbacks on the purchase. Just a thought.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2003, 08:36 »
I use SAP every day, at another facility, and I have done a similar survey regarding what SAP stands for, the only answer I get consistently, is "Sorry Ass Program."  I don't know if this is the true acronym,  ;) but it certainly appears to be true.  This progam is horrible.  Try usng the "help" function, all you get is a series of nonsense numbers ,with no meaning.  What kind of help is that.

Reddy

« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2003, 03:13 »
How many of you at Cooper know what SAP stands for without looking it up? You speak so highly of it that I thought I would check it out. It seems that the sap.com website only uses the SAP abbreviation. Is it the same as the Symbolic Assembler Program that was developed in the 1950's? If it is, I'd say somebody got kickbacks on the purchase. Just a thought.

SAP = Stop All Production

:)

getaclue2

« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2003, 09:49 »
I thought SAP was the button on the TV to get the broadcast in Spanish instead of English?

Stern_Davis

« Reply #38 on: Apr 03, 2003, 03:32 »
:'( Well I've been at Cooper for every outage that they actually have numbered.  Outages still suck,  Management here are boobs, the RPM is an @$$-hole, and the local girls are all corn-fed.  But I really like working with the CWC and most everyone else.

::) And there's always some wild-life around the plant!

Offline Sledhead

• Light User
  • They laugh at us because we are Different,  We laugh at them because they are ALL THE SAME !!
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2003, 01:11 »
Stern Davis  RULES! 8)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2003, 07:14 »
I hear Cooper threw a 15" piece of Turbine Blading [smiley=crying.gif] and will be down til sometime in July, Anybody hear anything else?

TurtleMN

« Reply #41 on: Jun 20, 2003, 08:32 »
After looking at the pictures, a turbine blade did break off.

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #42 on: Jul 28, 2003, 02:36 »

The NMC is officially out of Cooper, hear that 2 weeks ago.

Apparently "Felchie" hasn't worked the Drywell at Coop? SMALL!! It's like finding a low dose area in a JL Shepard!
I worked for the famous CCAARRTTEERR SSTTUULLTTS! "Hey Bud You busy?" " I need you in the Drywell!!"  ;D
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Jul 30, 2003, 05:53 »
"sounds like a Hinky Dinky parking lot rumor to me..."

ask Carter how the pheasants are doin this year :)

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2003, 07:31 »
I am the ALARA/Chem Planner/Coordinator for NMC and , yes, at a meeting around 2 weeks ago I was told that Cooper chose to go another direction as far as management of the project. But I am at Prairie Island so I do not have first hand knowledge of the goings on at Cooper.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #45 on: Jul 31, 2003, 01:26 »
Maybe this will help spread some insight:

Nebraska Public Power District executives are recommending that Entergy Nuclear be selected to provide management services to its Cooper Nuclear Station south of Omaha.

NPPD CEO Bill Fehrman announced he will recommend negotiating an agreement with Entergy. The NPPD Board is expected to consider the recommendation Friday. Entergy was selected from among three nuclear operating companies in the United States.

“As we continue to look for ways to share our expertise, we’re delighted to work with Cooper,” said Entergy Nuclear CEO Gary Taylor. “But the people at Cooper will make that plant a top performer. We expect to show them how they can be among the best.”

If the NPPD Board approves the NPPD management recommendation, negotiations between NPPD and Entergy will begin next week on a management services agreement. The Agreement will specify a date for Entergy to begin providing management services to the plant.

Entergy expects to furnish several key executives full-time at Cooper. Additional Entergy managers with specialized expertise in nuclear operations are expected to be on temporary assignment there during the term of the agreement. Most plant employees are expected to remain employees of NPPD.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #46 on: Aug 06, 2003, 10:40 »
Any update on how this is going so far?  This must be a bit of a change of pace.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Aug 07, 2003, 05:59 »
Word is: Cooper has continued with the trend it has been going the last few years.......not replacing craft workers as they leave but hiring supervisors and management so as to continue with meetings until they can figure out why the work is not getting done! :-?

The light at the end of the tunnel is another locomotive

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #48 on: Aug 07, 2003, 08:37 »
I thought that would go away when the NMC did? I guess that they (NMC) did make a lasting impression afterall.

They might have better luck with Entergy?
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

bronxcheer

« Reply #49 on: Sep 25, 2003, 02:11 »
Anybody from Entergy show up out there yet?

workinman

« Reply #50 on: Oct 01, 2003, 01:15 »

Stern Davis for President 2004

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #51 on: Oct 10, 2003, 09:15 »
Anybody from Entergy show up out there yet?

Lots of yard sales and moving trucks in town, something is happening... :-/

McNavy

« Reply #52 on: Oct 14, 2003, 09:17 »
Rumor at the General Office is that they (NPPD) are reducing staffing at Cooper down into the 500's.  Currently Cooper has ~750 employees.   :-X

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #53 on: Oct 17, 2003, 07:11 »
http://www.journalstar.com/latest_reg.php?story_id=89951

NE - Minor oil fire at Cooper Nuclear Station

BROWNVILLE, Neb. (AP) - A minor oil fire Thursday at Cooper Nuclear Station prompted officials to operate at 60 percent of capacity while investigating what caused the blaze.

The fire was near a bearing in the plant's high-pressure turbine. It was extinguished, there were no injuries and there was no threat to the public, officials with the Nebraska Public Power District said. The power district owns the plant.

Power output will remain at 60 percent while cause of the fire is investigated and the turbine is evaluated, district officials said.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #54 on: Oct 18, 2003, 01:57 »
Who's using the Stern Davis handle?  I was one of the creators of 'Stern' in '93 at Cooper.  Anyone remember
the retarded blonde that was chasing this "guy"?  She lived next door to us and carpooled with us.  We had to listen to her ramble for close to an hour each way about this guy.  "Everytime I go to where they say he is, he's just left!"  "Let's go to the bar after work, Stern's supposed to be there!"  What a trip.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: Oct 19, 2003, 05:37 »
Who's using the Stern Davis handle?  I was one of the creators of 'Stern' in '93 at Cooper.  Anyone remember
the retarded blonde that was chasing this "guy"?  She lived next door to us and carpooled with us.  We had to listen to her ramble for close to an hour each way about this guy.  "Everytime I go to where they say he is, he's just left!"  "Let's go to the bar after work, Stern's supposed to be there!"  What a trip.

That would be telling now, wouldn't it?

Its someone whos everything that Stern Davis is not

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #56 on: Nov 08, 2003, 04:02 »
:'( Well I've been at Cooper for every outage that they actually have numbered.  Outages still suck,  Management here are boobs, the RPM is an @$$-hole, and the local girls are all corn-fed.  But I really like working with the CWC and most everyone else.

Would that RPM be the one who left & came to Callaway in the last month?  Kinda wondering as I just met him this week.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

lizard_wizard

« Reply #57 on: Nov 11, 2003, 09:30 »
Hey, y'll at Cooper, is there any truth to the rumor that the RPM banned the HPs from carrying knives? I thought every HP on the planet carried a lanyard knife, I have one given out by an ALARA dept thats a pocket style exacto knife.

[smiley=conf.gif]

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Cooper
« Reply #58 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:32 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Cooper
« Reply #59 on: Apr 10, 2004, 03:35 »
Darling's Cafe for breakfast and Midwestern hospitality.

Great China Buffet for lunch and dinner, great food and service for the price.

I haven't eaten at Pizza Hut much since I heard what the "make" table is used for  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2004, 12:23 by HydroDave63 »

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Jan 03, 2005, 08:52 »
 Sprint phones do not work in this area at all.

Sprint phones work on the Missouri side. Cell towers are all along I-29.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2005, 05:24 »
I just read on the Bartlett website that Barry Keele scored the site coordinator job at Cooper.  That's way cool!  Barry's an awesome dude and you folks working the outage should enjoy him.  The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission.  Ask him about the stackable sheep. :)

nucleardave55

« Reply #62 on: Jan 09, 2005, 06:24 »
Well, from the sound of things, this should be  an interesting outage, to say the least. I just came out of PI, so I don't think it can be worse than that. I'll make my judgement from how I am treated. Hopefully, the decision making is better than it was at PI. As far as the scrubs, what scrubs? We had a hard enough time just finding out how to get through the day. As far as the rest, it's just another plant, and just another outage!!!!!!!         Nuclear Dave

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #63 on: Jan 10, 2005, 12:59 »
I just read on the Bartlett website that Barry Keele scored the site coordinator job at Cooper.  That's way cool!  Barry's an awesome dude and you folks working the outage should enjoy him.  The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission.  Ask him about the stackable sheep. :)

As far as livestock and Cooper....watch out for the mule deer cutting across the access road, they make a big dent in your car and holiday plans! They seem to know the rules about no hunting near the plant.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:13 »

Sprint phones work on the Missouri side. Cell towers are all along I-29.

The better reception in the area ( my phone usually worked inside most areas of the plant ) was with Alltel. Watch your billing though, it isn't uncommon for billing errors.

When you are dining out after a long day at Cooper, be sure to try Wheeler Inn. For good breakfast, I always like the midwestern hospitality found at Darling's Cafe :)

McNavy

« Reply #65 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:02 »
FYI....

Power Reactor Event Number: 41601
Facility: COOPER
Region: 4 State: NE
Unit: [1] [ ] [ ]
RX Type: [1] GE-4
NRC Notified By: STEVEN JOBE
HQ OPS Officer: PETE SNYDER  Notification Date: 04/15/2005
Notification Time: 09:26 [ET]
Event Date: 04/15/2005
Event Time: 04:36 [CDT]
Last Update Date: 04/15/2005 
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY
10 CFR Section:
50.72(b)(2)(iv)(A) - ECCS INJECTION
50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B) - RPS ACTUATION - CRITICAL
50.72(b)(3)(iv)(A) - VALID SPECIF SYS ACTUATION
50.72(b)(3)(v)(D) - ACCIDENT MITIGATION
 Person (Organization):
REBECCA NEASE (R4)

Unit SCRAM Code RX CRIT Initial PWR Initial RX Mode Current PWR Current RX Mode
1 A/R Y 100 Power Operation 0 Hot Shutdown

Event Text

REACTOR SCRAM AND SPECIFIED SYSTEM ACTUATIONS

"This is both a four hour and eight hour report for the following event:

"4 hour Non-Emergency for ECCS Discharge to the RCS and RPS Actuation;

"8 hour Non-Emergency for Groups 2 & 6. Also, HPCI [High Pressure Coolant Injection] was placed in pull-to-lock, thereby making HPCI unavailable.

"At 0436 [hrs.] CDT 04/15/2005, Cooper Nuclear Station experienced a reactor feed water level transient followed by reactor vessel water level low level alarm and an automatic scram. HPCI and RCIC [Reactor Core Isolation Cooling] automatically initiated and injected into the reactor vessel. Groups 2, 3, and 6 actuated on low reactor water level. Both reactor recirculation pumps tripped and RWCU [Reactor Water Clean-Up system] isolated. Reactor vessel water level reached approximately [minus] 70 inches (instrument zero, approximately 90 inches of water remained above the fuel) and recovered after HPCI and RCIC had begun to inject. All post-scram automatic actions were as expected. HPCI was placed in pull-to-lock to prevent over feeding. The plant is being cooled down to establish natural circulation flow and permit recovery of recirculation pumps.

"Investigation into the cause of the reactor feed water level transient is ongoing."

All rods inserted during the scram. No safety relief valves lifted during the transient. All group isolation signals have been reset. The electrical grid is stable. Decay heat is being removed via steam dumps to the main condenser.

The licensee has notified the NRC Resident Inspector.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #66 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:37 »
does anyone know the outage start date?

vikingfan

« Reply #67 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:03 »
    Pug,

last i heard it's suppose to start about the 21st of october. if our going get your room early ! as their also building a new coal burner near by so rooms might be scarce.

sweetpea

« Reply #68 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:33 »
Mcnavy, what the hell man? Also, if ya don't mind driving 80 miles for a steak and if ya want to work with the legend in the making bryan "jedi pimp" gates go to this outage for sure.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:39 »
does anyone know the outage start date?
Get an outage schedule, they are free for gold members.

tonynuke

« Reply #70 on: Aug 13, 2006, 10:45 »
Im sorry to miss this one, but the loooooooong outage just to the north is too much to pass up!

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #71 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:16 »
Anyone heading to Cooper w/in the next week?  Just wondering, would be nice to see some of ya'll there.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #72 on: Dec 23, 2006, 01:08 »
Has anyone tried the new buffet on Central Ave. ?

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:29 »
The RPM just announced his resignation, speculation and rumors are rampant. He hasn't been in that position long, who knows why? Its all a big secret for some reason.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #74 on: Apr 24, 2008, 03:42 »
Pay no attention to Cooper's low rating...things have changed recently.

This outage is the most entertaining work I've had in 15 years...and the people are fun outside the plant, too...  (Bowl-e-Oke!)

Lots of nice trails & plenty of wildlife along the river...

Drawbacks are the high dose...and the lack of housing - start calling early to secure a place to stay.

There are rumors that pay could go up next outage...stay tuned...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #75 on: Apr 26, 2008, 11:58 »
the people at cooper rock man, on nights anyway.  love the cafeteria.  love the bowl-E-oke!

vikingfan

« Reply #76 on: Apr 26, 2008, 04:53 »
hammy, are ou speaking of the main cafeteria orthe one in trailer 9 boondocks ? anyhow the main cafeteria can be a little pricy but it still decent enough for those of us on nights. at least its better then hat we had here last outage !!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #77 on: Apr 27, 2008, 03:58 »
I heard the drywell techs better strap some sponges all over them,because I heard they were just sucking up the dose!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #78 on: Apr 27, 2008, 08:54 »
i like the regular cafeteria.  it is way better then most plants. i don't know about the drywell RB, i won't go in there.

safetyguy

« Reply #79 on: Apr 27, 2008, 03:42 »
Been a good outage, a little short, but what can you do.
Definately some DW dose, but, what older BWR doesn't?
Could rotate some Control Point Seniors through for dose
equalization, but, that's a risky proposition there.... :D

vikingfan

« Reply #80 on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:09 »
now if only they could figure out how to keep the ventilation on up on the refuel floor. at least keep it from raining...... and 100 degree temps !
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2008, 05:11 by vikingfan »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #81 on: Apr 27, 2008, 09:37 »
now if only they could figure out how to keep the ventilation on up on the refuel floor. at least keep it from raining...... and 100 degree temps !

Yeah, but it's kind of restful to watch the Cherenkov of the (still!) hanging bundle through the steam off the SFP!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

vikingfan

« Reply #82 on: Apr 28, 2008, 06:29 »
yep looks good on camera but the other night ( thursday) whenwe had refuel floor stay times of 35 min due to no ventilation and extreme heat it was no picnic !!!!! as for the fuel assembly its still hanging.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #83 on: Apr 28, 2008, 07:32 »
yep looks good on camera but the other night ( thursday) whenwe had refuel floor stay times of 35 min due to no ventilation and extreme heat it was no picnic !!!!!

Oh, come on!  It almost always rains at picnics, so...  ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #84 on: Apr 28, 2008, 07:10 »
Oh, come on!  It almost always rains at picnics, so...  ;)

Ain't it a picnic though.....with a takeout box full of gizzards 'n fries still hot from the fryer!! Not gonna find THAT at any fancy plant in Cali !!

Just watch out for the ants on the 903' level....

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #85 on: Apr 28, 2008, 08:54 »
Fuel bundle made it to the spent fuel pool today

RADBASTARD

« Reply #86 on: Apr 29, 2008, 05:23 »
I heard that you guys are having a big lay off today 40+ techs.
I don't get it I thought you were 20 techs short and their laying off 40 after 12-17 days man that sux.

Well i guess the next outage will be even harder to staff?

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #87 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:33 »
RB...Not exactly true, but there were some layoffs spread out this week
Hp, Alara, Decon, Dos.   
Were able to delay some layoffs as well.  scheduled 25 day outage, so,
you would expect some layoffs at this point.
Most Tech's seem pretty happy with the plant, good morale, etc.
Plant staff seems happy with the supplemental staff as well.
Like anyone, I hate to see early layoffs and I am missing my man Andy,
but, it is a fact of life not only here but everywhere in the industry.

BK

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #88 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:57 »
My thoughts a few weeks ago...

Ring Ring...Hello...You want me to go where?! Nebraska!!! ...I just don't know, I was planning on going home for the summer...Ok Ok, I'll go...(man, I need to talk some of these other techs into going with me, this is really gonna suck).

Serious misconception. Cooper has been a great stay. Can't say a bunch about the area's offerings for living but the plant has been a hoot! Working the drywell on nights has been most entertaining and it has been fun to actually be a HP again. Big dose in the drywell for the work force but I plan to get out of here with less than 675'ish considering I have a couple more shifts and I am the high man on the team (freakin' sponge!).

Bowl-e-Oke has been a blast, very competent group of techs that get along and great house people to work with. I give it two thumbs up ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2008, 03:28 »
My thoughts a few weeks ago...

Ring Ring...Hello...You want me to go where?! Nebraska!!! ...I just don't know, I was planning on going home for the summer...Ok Ok, I'll go...(man, I need to talk some of these other techs into going with me, this is really gonna suck).

Serious misconception. Cooper has been a great stay. Can't say a bunch about the area's offerings for living but the plant has been a hoot! Working the drywell on nights has been most entertaining and it has been fun to actually be a HP again. Big dose in the drywell for the work force but I plan to get out of here with less than 675'ish considering I have a couple more shifts and I am the high man on the team (freakin' sponge!).

Bowl-e-Oke has been a blast, very competent group of techs that get along and great house people to work with. I give it two thumbs up ;D

That's right!  You talked us into this...so it's your 'fault'...   ;)

Thanks, Brett!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2008, 06:00 »
That's right!  You talked us into this...so it's your 'fault'...   ;)

Thanks, Brett!

Any time! When faced with a potentially miserable time...surround yourself with people you like.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

vikingfan

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2008, 05:00 »
we set the rpv head early this am. should be pipe tight with in 24 hrs. we have had some unique challenges this outage but we have met them head on an moved forward. the hp's on night shift refuel floor have been great to work with !! so a shout out to those guys !!

klsas

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2008, 08:42 »
We had a good time on dayshift also. Didn't do a bowl-e-oke so maybe we did miss something. Except for the drywell dose and constant lack of REC, it was a good outage.

Keith

vikingfan

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2008, 09:11 »
were pipe tight about 3pm or so yesterday !! drywell head installed about 230 am an tensioned. outage for me is complete !! got my layoff and heading home after a busy outage season !! lot of dose on the reuel floor this outage !! hope that improves for the next outage !

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2008, 07:55 »
Pipe tight maybe - but the Rx head is leaking

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2008, 12:36 »
Pipe tight maybe - but the Rx head is leaking

Ahhhhh...these things happen. Just like a Harley, leaks a bit of oil but that doesn't make it any less cool! And Cooper...is COOL! ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

vikingfan

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2008, 05:29 »
hope thy can resolve the issue ! well good thing they have crew left on the refuel floor.

vikingfan

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48 »
accoding to the NRC status report they are at 100 % :) :)

klsas

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2008, 05:36 »
They were back on the grid the night of the 18th. They overshot their goal by eleven days. I guess the last of the Bartlett people left on the 15th. Now they get to clean up the mess we made. I was a fun outage. Maybe the drywell dose will magically disappear before the next outage.

Keith

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Sep 15, 2008, 06:04 »
Check out the new Bowl-E-Oke pictures....

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-139.html

...sorry it took me so long to get them uploaded.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 06:06 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #100 on: Sep 15, 2008, 11:21 »
Check out the new Bowl-E-Oke pictures....

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-139.html

...sorry it took me so long to get them uploaded.

(In a very soft and scared voice)..."I see drunk people"...
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #101 on: Sep 16, 2008, 12:10 »
God I loved Cooper.  I never envisioned myself saying that while at the previous outage (Sanpablo).

RADBASTARD

« Reply #102 on: Sep 16, 2008, 02:17 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals[ and cornquote author=hamsamich link=topic=915.msg90617#msg90617 date=1221538209]
God I loved Cooper.  I never envisioned myself saying that while at the previous outage (Sanpablo).
[/quote]

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #103 on: Sep 16, 2008, 03:43 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals

Hey RB...we remember your comment about goats RE: Quad Cities, so we know your feeling about farm animals!  ;)

Seriously though, Cooper is down by the river and has a lot more entertainment & scenic value than a lot of other plants in the mid-West...come on out next time!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #104 on: Sep 16, 2008, 04:38 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals

That's the way we like 'em, corn-fed 'n slathered in butter....  ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #105 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:09 »
Buff it was Dresden but thank you .I hope we will see each other at the brazil sgrp.
your friend
RB
Hey RB...we remember your comment about goats RE: Quad Cities, so we know your feeling about farm animals!  ;)

Seriously though, Cooper is down by the river and has a lot more entertainment & scenic value than a lot of other plants in the mid-West...come on out next time!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #106 on: Sep 19, 2008, 12:18 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals[ and cornquote author=hamsamich link=topic=915.msg90617#msg90617 date=1221538209]

God I love them farm animals...or I mean...never mind!

As long as you got the bowling alley and a good friend with a Karaoke set up all is good. It really ended up being about the people that were there. We were going to have a good time no matter what. Nobody was going to take that away from us and that is exactally what we did.

The house people were absolutely top notch also. They made us feel right at home and treated us with lots of respect. Don't believe any rumors to the contrary, this plant is a nice place to work. I hope to be fortunate enough to be able to go back some day.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #107 on: Sep 23, 2008, 12:32 »
You know I really liked the people at Cooper, and actually most of the people I met in Nebraska were just plain nice, or something else good.  I couldn't get over this observance, and mentioned it to others.  Here is an interesting map that has all kinds of stuff going on, including what is going on in NE.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122211987961064719.html?mod=yhoofront#articleTabs_interactive-PERSONALITY08%26project%3DPERSONALITY08

stownsend

« Reply #108 on: Sep 23, 2008, 01:01 »
That's the way we like 'em, corn-fed 'n slathered in butter....  ;)
I take mine smoked or with bar-b-que sauce,thank you.

ELT1/SS/DV

Cooper Operators
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2009, 01:22 »
I have applied for the NLO position that is posted on the nppd website and I was wondering if there were any Cooper operators here on the forums.

I would like to learn more about the area and the plant itself (information that I haven't already pulled from wikipedia, etc.)

Thanks!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #110 on: Oct 03, 2009, 09:11 »
During the lowering of the new B2 feedwater heater this morning, the rotational device on the lifting rig failed, resulting in an unplanned rotation of the lifting rig. This action caused the  heater to swing and impact a nearby one-inch condensate line. No one was injured in the movement, as the proper safety precautions were in place. The incident, which occurred at 02:50, is being investigated.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #111 on: Oct 06, 2009, 02:28 »
clunk!

rebeccadinger

« Reply #112 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:42 »
The Head is on, the contractors have mostly left. The house will have to clean up the mess.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #113 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:25 »
The Head is on, the contractors have mostly left. The house will have to clean up the mess.
I'm staying to help. I think this has been a great plant. Everyone has treated me well. Had some very busy days but they made the time go by fast and the money was good. Too bad the plants down south don't get off their SSA and pay good bucks.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #114 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:17 »

Anybody got a mop?  ;)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #115 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:28 »
What is the brand name of the fixative we sprayed on items coming out of the refueling cavity?

Thanks!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #116 on: Jun 28, 2010, 08:12 »
What is the brand name of the fixative we sprayed on items coming out of the refueling cavity?

Thanks!

20% glyserol/water works nicely in a bug sprayer. I remember using WD-40 alot in the drywell at Cooper, worked good for valves but probably not for cavity. Are you trying to keep control of airborne or are you wanting to lock down contamination to prevent spread?
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #117 on: Jun 28, 2010, 09:31 »
20% glyserol/water works nicely in a bug sprayer. I remember using WD-40 alot in the drywell at Cooper, worked good for valves but probably not for cavity. Are you trying to keep control of airborne or are you wanting to lock down contamination to prevent spread?

It was our panacea...probably just voodoo RadCon, but made everyone feel more comfortable than if we just used water...I suppose it did help fix some of the crunchies, but...

I'm looking for a brand-name to pass along to the RP department here...maybe they'll want to give it a try, if they haven't already.

(The kickback program here ROCKS...Cha-Ching...so always looking for more ideas to turn in!)   ;)

WD-40, eh?  That's a new one on me...I'll have to keep it in mind.  Thanks!  :)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #118 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:24 »

I just looked at the chem permit for WD-40 at the current plant...can't be used on piping internals...oh well...   :(

mostlyharmless

« Reply #119 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:53 »
What are you trying to keep it out of? To bad about wd-40 ,thats a good idea. How bout a spray on car wax? It is relativly inert and biodegradable.Shoudnt glom up the works. Hows that for tech speak?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #120 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:29 »
What are you trying to keep it out of? To bad about wd-40 ,thats a good idea. How bout a spray on car wax? It is relativly inert and biodegradable.Shoudnt glom up the works. Hows that for tech speak?

I've never heard of anyone using carwax - not sure if I could get a chem permit for it...has to be low-chlorides, compatible with the resin beds, etc.  I'll kick it around with the chemistry gurus.  Thanks for the idea.

Anyone else out there that has worked Cooper refuel floor?  Or how about someone at the plant that can run down and talk to Steve, Dan, or one of the other house refuel RPs?  Still trying to get the brandname of the stuff we were spraying on pool items...  Thanks!  :)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #121 on: Jul 16, 2010, 04:55 »
Has there ever been any attempt to bring in Shared Resources technicians (from other Entergy sites) for the outages?  

(I know we sometimes send safety, engineering, etc, but don't think we have ever sent any union workers...)
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 04:56 by UncaBuffalo »

Pman52

« Reply #122 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:30 »
NPPD has an NLO opening posted on their site.  Anyone applied or have an idea of how many they are hiring?  I am going to apply for this position and was curious to see if anyone else took notice.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #123 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:10 »
NPPD has an NLO opening posted on their site.  Anyone applied or have an idea of how many they are hiring?  I am going to apply for this position and was curious to see if anyone else took notice.

I'd guess half a dozen. It's a nice area and good folks at the plant, go for it! Let us know how it goes for you.

Pman52

« Reply #124 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:44 »
I'd guess half a dozen. It's a nice area and good folks at the plant, go for it! Let us know how it goes for you.
I will let you guys know, thank you!

Do you work at that facility?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #125 on: Sep 01, 2010, 07:27 »

Thanks!

Someone PM'd me that the fixative was 'Exosen'.  I looked at their website and that makes sense...

Has there ever been any attempt to bring in Shared Resources technicians (from other Entergy sites) for the outages?  

(I know we sometimes send safety, engineering, etc, but don't think we have ever sent any union workers...)

They also PM'd the info that Cooper had RP techs in from Fitz last outage...

Offline bdhoe

• Light User
  • Retreating is always an option...
« Reply #126 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:02 »
Cooper is part of the USA shared so doesn't have to be Entergy..yes it is in the middle of somewhere (if you mean a geographich anomally), but it will be a plant to work outages at for at least another 24 years..
I think maybe I shouldn't have taken the blue pill after all...damn...

On The Road

« Reply #127 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:15 »
Palisades sent 4 Techs out an outage or so ago and are sending 2 out for the upcoming outage.

highiron75

« Reply #128 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:54 »
Just found out that the cooper plant is non union for the construction trades.
highiron75

tagline

« Reply #129 on: Feb 03, 2011, 01:02 »
Palisades sent 4 Techs out an outage or so ago and are sending 2 out for the upcoming outage.

Is this disciplinary action?

BuddyThePug

« Reply #130 on: Jun 03, 2011, 01:38 »
Hydrologic Outlook

HYDROLOGIC OUTLOOK...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OMAHA/VALLEY NE
401 PM CDT THU JUN 2 2011

...SIGNIFICANT AND PROLONGED FLOODING LIKELY ALONG THE MISSOURI
RIVER...

IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS...THE UPPER MISSOURI BASIN HAS RECEIVED NEARLY
A YEAR`S WORTH OF RAINFALL. IN ADDITION...SNOW PACK RUNOFF YET TO
FULLY ENTER THE UPPER PORTION OF THE RIVER SYSTEM IS 140 PERCENT OF
NORMAL. THESE CONDITIONS ARE RESULTING IN MISSOURI BASIN RESERVOIRS
ACROSS EASTERN MONTANA AND THE DAKOTAS NEARING THEIR MAXIMUM LEVELS.
RECORD RELEASES HAVE BEGUN AT GAVINS POINT DAM LOCATED TO THE WEST OF
YANKTON SOUTH DAKOTA. CURRENT RELEASES ARE AROUND 80,000 CFS (CUBIC FEET PER SECOND)...AND WILL BE INCREMENTALLY INCREASED TO 150,000 CFS BY MID-JUNE. THE PREVIOUS HIGH RELEASE AT GAVINS POINT WAS 70,000 CFS IN 1997.

THESE EXTREMELY HIGH FLOWS...COMBINED WITH NORMAL RAINFALL...MAY
RESULT IN NEAR-RECORD FLOODING ALONG PORTIONS OF THE MISSOURI RIVER.
IN ADDITION...MANY LOCATIONS ON THE MISSOURI RIVER WILL REMAIN
FLOODED THROUGH JULY.

THE FOLLOWING TABLE IS THE LONG-RANGE MISSOURI RIVER FORECAST...
ASSUMING NORMAL SUMMER PRECIPITATION ALONG WITH THE EXPECTED PEAK
RELEASES OF 150,000 CFS FROM GAVINS POINT DAM. RECORD AND 2010 FLOOD
CRESTS HAVE BEEN INCLUDED FOR REFERENCE. THIS PRODUCT WILL BE UPDATED
FREQUENTLY AS THE LONG-RANGE FORECAST WILL LIKELY BE MODIFIED AS A
RESULT OF RAINFALL EVENTS AND POTENTIAL ADJUSTMENTS TO RELEASES AT
GAVINS POINT.

LOCATION    FS  LONG-RNG FORECAST(FT)   RECORD(FT)  2010 CREST(FT)
--------       --  ---------------------        ----------     --------------
SIOUX CITY  30       35 TO 37                      44.28-1952      25.49

DECATUR     35       40 TO 42                       32.31-1996      31.42

BLAIR       26.5       30 TO 32                          33.50-1952      26.93

OMAHA       29        34 TO 36                        40.20-1952      28.74

NEB. CITY   18    27 TO ABOVE 28*                 27.66-1952      25.21

BROWNVILLE  33    43 TO ABOVE 44*               44.30-1993      42.89

RULO            17    25.5 TO ABOVE 27*             26.63-2010      26.63

FS = FLOOD STAGE

*  = THE UPPER LIMIT FOR THESE SITES CANNOT BE DETERMINED DUE TO POTENTIAL UPSTREAM AND DOWNSTREAM LEVEE OVERTOPPINGS AND RAPIDLY CHANGING  CHANNEL CONDITIONS.

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2011, 01:43 by BuddyThePug »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #131 on: Jun 03, 2011, 05:53 »
A good interactive map showing conditions along the entire Missouri River drainage is at:

http://www.nwd-mr.usace.army.mil/rcc/gages/gagestat.html

Offline nowhereman

• Moderate User
« Reply #132 on: Jun 07, 2011, 02:57 »
Any further information  on water levels at Cooper? There was word of expecting 8 feet of water in Hamburg Iowa(Now  I'll have to bring my bass boat to  "Shotgun Annie's") Which  I would think would correlate to 8 feet of water at the security building.  Maybe  everyones busy at the sandbag station?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #133 on: Jun 07, 2011, 07:49 »

MacGyver

« Reply #134 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:02 »
Does anyone have an update (with first hand knowledge ... yes that means NO starkist tuna) ... of Coopers current status?  I have read that the water is over 899'msl & they trip the plant at 900'msl. That same article mentioned that th plant is 13' above grade & the site's ground elevation is 903'msl.  Can anyone verify (that works there tuna) this info? I only ask because I have some intel. that offers the current water level one foot below the barriers protecting the plant with much more water to come (re: article & a statement from th army corp of eng's). It seems Ft. Calhoun is getting all the press right now & NPPD isn't saying much about Cooper nuclear station, especially, considering the reports of the plant being isolated by water.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #135 on: Jun 25, 2011, 02:15 »
http://www.nppd.com/flood/powerplants.asp

This may answer your questions

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #136 on: Jun 25, 2011, 08:45 »
I dont even use this section of the site...

sheesh.

STFU Charlie..... :o
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline bdhoe

• Light User
  • Retreating is always an option...
« Reply #137 on: Jun 27, 2011, 12:28 »
Darkmatter's post is correct..for more info hit youtube on updates of Cooper (6/26) tomorrow or later today lol.. is Ft.Calhoun (6/27)..its being released to the AP via Youtube do to camera interference...(i.e radio waves)..Cooper is already on..Ft.Calhoun tomorrow..

I think maybe I shouldn't have taken the blue pill after all...damn...

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #138 on: Jul 31, 2012, 04:45 »
To everyone who works at Cooper:
Congrats on going over a year without an OSHA recordable. I hope I didn't jinx you. Good luck through the outage and the rest of the year.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #139 on: Aug 03, 2012, 09:52 »
To everyone who works at Cooper:
Congrats on going over a year without an OSHA recordable. I hope I didn't jinx you. Good luck through the outage and the rest of the year.

Well...

Power Reactor    Event Number: 48153
Facility: COOPER
Region: 4 State: NE
Unit: [1] [ ] [ ]
RX Type: [1] GE-4
NRC Notified By: JOHN MYERS
HQ OPS Officer: DONG HWA PARK    Notification Date: 08/02/2012
Notification Time: 15:51 [ET]
Event Date: 08/02/2012
Event Time: 10:51 [CDT]
Last Update Date: 08/02/2012
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY
10 CFR Section:
50.72(b)(3)(xii) - OFFSITE MEDICAL
   Person (Organization):
GREG WERNER (R4DO)

Unit    SCRAM Code    RX CRIT    Initial PWR    Initial RX Mode    Current PWR    Current RX Mode
1    N    Y    100    Power Operation    100    Power Operation

Event Text
POTENTIALLY CONTAMINATED INDIVIDUAL TRANSPORTED OFFSITE

"A plant worker was overcome with heat and became unconscious while working in a non-contaminated area inside the Radiological Control Area. Onsite medical personnel determined the individual should be transported to an offsite medical facility for treatment. Radiation protection personnel were unable to fully verify the individual was not contaminated prior to transport to the offsite medical facility. Radiation protection personnel accompanied the individual to the medical facility, and while en route, completed the required surveys. No contamination was found.

"This report is being made in accordance with 10CFR50.72 (b)(3)(xii) for an event requiring the transport of a potentially radioactively contaminated individual to an off-site medical facility for treatment."

The licensee has notified the NRC Resident Inspector.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #140 on: Aug 06, 2012, 01:56 »
I saw that Friday. Uhh, Sorry? I hope the individual is okay. Did that incident get classified as a recordable?

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #141 on: Aug 08, 2012, 12:17 »
Yes, along with the slip and fall in the cafeteria a few days later.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline capgun2

• Light User
« Reply #142 on: Aug 10, 2012, 10:20 »
Any rumors about the RPM job?

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #143 on: Aug 10, 2012, 10:24 »
What RPM job?

Offline capgun2

• Light User
« Reply #144 on: Aug 15, 2012, 04:19 »
Rumor has it someone from entergy back east is going out there for the outage.....

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #145 on: Aug 15, 2012, 05:55 »
Yes. An Entergy RPM is joining us as shared resources

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?