Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138288 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2003, 04:39 »
Not to mention the delay in starting due to SAP "Stops All Production" computer software. Does any other power plant use SAP?

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2003, 05:01 »
Does anyone know a Phil Barringer?

Wasn't there a incident involving sleeping on a toilet?  :-X
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

fluxmama

« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2003, 06:45 »
Posted by: HydroDave63 Posted on: Mar 12th, 2003, 8:39pm
Not to mention the delay in starting due to SAP "Stops All Production" computer software. Does any other power plant use SAP?

Hope Creek and Salem have used SAP for several years now.  It's very powerful software, but just about the most anal program I've ever seen.   Not at all intuitive, and very unforgiving of mistakes.  The original program was not designed for Nuclear, but was written for German production companies.  In some places in our version, if you go about twenty screens deep you'll find stuff in German.  There's no HP module, either, so we had to buy a bolt-on program for dose tracking, access control, instrument and respirator tracking, etc.   With SAP it's easy to become a slave to your computer instead of getting out in the plant, but the Performance Indicator crowd and the keystroke-counting, how-are-you-spending-your-time weenies love it.
If Cooper is just getting on board with SAP, they'll probably have a rough couple of years, especially in work planning and scheduling.

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2003, 10:23 »
Well, I am here working the outage and I have to tell ya I have worked a lot worse plants than this! (beaver Valley, Pointless Beach, etc)  The plant is quite clean contamination wise, and pretty good on dose rates as well.  There are some problems, like the Management over-reacting to any small problem.
M. Shannon just left and didn't hit them too hard on stuff, just
the usual Human Performance errors, etc.  
NMC is not here in any capacity at this time.
In conclusion, the plant is showing it's age and could be ran better, but, it is overall a lot better than I expected.

Reddy

« Reply #29 on: Mar 15, 2003, 11:41 »
Well, I am here working the outage and I have to tell ya I have worked a lot worse plants than this! (beaver Valley, Pointless Beach, etc)  The plant is quite clean contamination wise, and pretty good on dose rates as well.  There are some problems, like the Management over-reacting to any small problem.
In conclusion, the plant is showing it's age and could be ran better, but, it is overall a lot better than I expected.

The "management" only reacts to the little stuff.  They simply ignore the big stuff.  In 2002 "management" patted themselves on the back for their cost savings when they eliminated a certain brand of paper-towels.

Seems NMC isn't committed to Cooper these days.

lizard_wizard

« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2003, 04:48 »
If Cooper is in outage, why has no one brought up the subject of the Cooper Wives? Were they a no show this time or is management taking to much of the spotlight?

workinman

« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2003, 06:14 »
CWC is still going strong!  They now have a representative in Bartlett site Mgt. (afro)

K_Engebretson

« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2003, 01:03 »
LONG LIVE THE CWC!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2003, 03:42 »
LONG LIVE THE CWC!!! ;D ;D ;D

You go Girl

Have some Karma

http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

lizard_wizard

« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2003, 04:25 »
How many of you at Cooper know what SAP stands for without looking it up? You speak so highly of it that I thought I would check it out. It seems that the sap.com website only uses the SAP abbreviation. Is it the same as the Symbolic Assembler Program that was developed in the 1950's? If it is, I'd say somebody got kickbacks on the purchase. Just a thought.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2003, 08:36 »
I use SAP every day, at another facility, and I have done a similar survey regarding what SAP stands for, the only answer I get consistently, is "Sorry Ass Program."  I don't know if this is the true acronym,  ;) but it certainly appears to be true.  This progam is horrible.  Try usng the "help" function, all you get is a series of nonsense numbers ,with no meaning.  What kind of help is that.

Reddy

« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2003, 03:13 »
How many of you at Cooper know what SAP stands for without looking it up? You speak so highly of it that I thought I would check it out. It seems that the sap.com website only uses the SAP abbreviation. Is it the same as the Symbolic Assembler Program that was developed in the 1950's? If it is, I'd say somebody got kickbacks on the purchase. Just a thought.

SAP = Stop All Production

:)

getaclue2

« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2003, 09:49 »
I thought SAP was the button on the TV to get the broadcast in Spanish instead of English?

Stern_Davis

« Reply #38 on: Apr 03, 2003, 03:32 »
:'( Well I've been at Cooper for every outage that they actually have numbered.  Outages still suck,  Management here are boobs, the RPM is an @$$-hole, and the local girls are all corn-fed.  But I really like working with the CWC and most everyone else.

::) And there's always some wild-life around the plant!

Offline Sledhead

• Light User
  • They laugh at us because we are Different,  We laugh at them because they are ALL THE SAME !!
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2003, 01:11 »
Stern Davis  RULES! 8)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2003, 07:14 »
I hear Cooper threw a 15" piece of Turbine Blading [smiley=crying.gif] and will be down til sometime in July, Anybody hear anything else?

TurtleMN

« Reply #41 on: Jun 20, 2003, 08:32 »
After looking at the pictures, a turbine blade did break off.

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #42 on: Jul 28, 2003, 02:36 »

The NMC is officially out of Cooper, hear that 2 weeks ago.

Apparently "Felchie" hasn't worked the Drywell at Coop? SMALL!! It's like finding a low dose area in a JL Shepard!
I worked for the famous CCAARRTTEERR SSTTUULLTTS! "Hey Bud You busy?" " I need you in the Drywell!!"  ;D
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Jul 30, 2003, 05:53 »
"sounds like a Hinky Dinky parking lot rumor to me..."

ask Carter how the pheasants are doin this year :)

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2003, 07:31 »
I am the ALARA/Chem Planner/Coordinator for NMC and , yes, at a meeting around 2 weeks ago I was told that Cooper chose to go another direction as far as management of the project. But I am at Prairie Island so I do not have first hand knowledge of the goings on at Cooper.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #45 on: Jul 31, 2003, 01:26 »
Maybe this will help spread some insight:

Nebraska Public Power District executives are recommending that Entergy Nuclear be selected to provide management services to its Cooper Nuclear Station south of Omaha.

NPPD CEO Bill Fehrman announced he will recommend negotiating an agreement with Entergy. The NPPD Board is expected to consider the recommendation Friday. Entergy was selected from among three nuclear operating companies in the United States.

“As we continue to look for ways to share our expertise, we’re delighted to work with Cooper,” said Entergy Nuclear CEO Gary Taylor. “But the people at Cooper will make that plant a top performer. We expect to show them how they can be among the best.”

If the NPPD Board approves the NPPD management recommendation, negotiations between NPPD and Entergy will begin next week on a management services agreement. The Agreement will specify a date for Entergy to begin providing management services to the plant.

Entergy expects to furnish several key executives full-time at Cooper. Additional Entergy managers with specialized expertise in nuclear operations are expected to be on temporary assignment there during the term of the agreement. Most plant employees are expected to remain employees of NPPD.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #46 on: Aug 06, 2003, 10:40 »
Any update on how this is going so far?  This must be a bit of a change of pace.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Aug 07, 2003, 05:59 »
Word is: Cooper has continued with the trend it has been going the last few years.......not replacing craft workers as they leave but hiring supervisors and management so as to continue with meetings until they can figure out why the work is not getting done! :-?

The light at the end of the tunnel is another locomotive

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #48 on: Aug 07, 2003, 08:37 »
I thought that would go away when the NMC did? I guess that they (NMC) did make a lasting impression afterall.

They might have better luck with Entergy?
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

bronxcheer

« Reply #49 on: Sep 25, 2003, 02:11 »
Anybody from Entergy show up out there yet?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?