Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138284 times)

workinman

Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #50 on: Oct 01, 2003, 01:15 »

Stern Davis for President 2004

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #51 on: Oct 10, 2003, 09:15 »
Anybody from Entergy show up out there yet?

Lots of yard sales and moving trucks in town, something is happening... :-/

McNavy

« Reply #52 on: Oct 14, 2003, 09:17 »
Rumor at the General Office is that they (NPPD) are reducing staffing at Cooper down into the 500's.  Currently Cooper has ~750 employees.   :-X

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #53 on: Oct 17, 2003, 07:11 »
http://www.journalstar.com/latest_reg.php?story_id=89951

NE - Minor oil fire at Cooper Nuclear Station

BROWNVILLE, Neb. (AP) - A minor oil fire Thursday at Cooper Nuclear Station prompted officials to operate at 60 percent of capacity while investigating what caused the blaze.

The fire was near a bearing in the plant's high-pressure turbine. It was extinguished, there were no injuries and there was no threat to the public, officials with the Nebraska Public Power District said. The power district owns the plant.

Power output will remain at 60 percent while cause of the fire is investigated and the turbine is evaluated, district officials said.

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #54 on: Oct 18, 2003, 01:57 »
Who's using the Stern Davis handle?  I was one of the creators of 'Stern' in '93 at Cooper.  Anyone remember
the retarded blonde that was chasing this "guy"?  She lived next door to us and carpooled with us.  We had to listen to her ramble for close to an hour each way about this guy.  "Everytime I go to where they say he is, he's just left!"  "Let's go to the bar after work, Stern's supposed to be there!"  What a trip.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #55 on: Oct 19, 2003, 05:37 »
Who's using the Stern Davis handle?  I was one of the creators of 'Stern' in '93 at Cooper.  Anyone remember
the retarded blonde that was chasing this "guy"?  She lived next door to us and carpooled with us.  We had to listen to her ramble for close to an hour each way about this guy.  "Everytime I go to where they say he is, he's just left!"  "Let's go to the bar after work, Stern's supposed to be there!"  What a trip.

That would be telling now, wouldn't it?

Its someone whos everything that Stern Davis is not
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #56 on: Nov 08, 2003, 04:02 »
:'( Well I've been at Cooper for every outage that they actually have numbered.  Outages still suck,  Management here are boobs, the RPM is an @$$-hole, and the local girls are all corn-fed.  But I really like working with the CWC and most everyone else.

Would that RPM be the one who left & came to Callaway in the last month?  Kinda wondering as I just met him this week.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

lizard_wizard

« Reply #57 on: Nov 11, 2003, 09:30 »
Hey, y'll at Cooper, is there any truth to the rumor that the RPM banned the HPs from carrying knives? I thought every HP on the planet carried a lanyard knife, I have one given out by an ALARA dept thats a pocket style exacto knife.

[smiley=conf.gif]

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Cooper
« Reply #58 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:32 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Cooper
« Reply #59 on: Apr 10, 2004, 03:35 »
Darling's Cafe for breakfast and Midwestern hospitality.

Great China Buffet for lunch and dinner, great food and service for the price.

I haven't eaten at Pizza Hut much since I heard what the "make" table is used for  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2004, 12:23 by HydroDave63 »

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Jan 03, 2005, 08:52 »
 Sprint phones do not work in this area at all.

Sprint phones work on the Missouri side. Cell towers are all along I-29.

http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2005, 05:24 »
I just read on the Bartlett website that Barry Keele scored the site coordinator job at Cooper.  That's way cool!  Barry's an awesome dude and you folks working the outage should enjoy him.  The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission.  Ask him about the stackable sheep. :)

nucleardave55

« Reply #62 on: Jan 09, 2005, 06:24 »
Well, from the sound of things, this should be  an interesting outage, to say the least. I just came out of PI, so I don't think it can be worse than that. I'll make my judgement from how I am treated. Hopefully, the decision making is better than it was at PI. As far as the scrubs, what scrubs? We had a hard enough time just finding out how to get through the day. As far as the rest, it's just another plant, and just another outage!!!!!!!         Nuclear Dave

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #63 on: Jan 10, 2005, 12:59 »
I just read on the Bartlett website that Barry Keele scored the site coordinator job at Cooper.  That's way cool!  Barry's an awesome dude and you folks working the outage should enjoy him.  The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission.  Ask him about the stackable sheep. :)

As far as livestock and Cooper....watch out for the mule deer cutting across the access road, they make a big dent in your car and holiday plans! They seem to know the rules about no hunting near the plant.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:13 »

Sprint phones work on the Missouri side. Cell towers are all along I-29.

The better reception in the area ( my phone usually worked inside most areas of the plant ) was with Alltel. Watch your billing though, it isn't uncommon for billing errors.

When you are dining out after a long day at Cooper, be sure to try Wheeler Inn. For good breakfast, I always like the midwestern hospitality found at Darling's Cafe :)

McNavy

« Reply #65 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:02 »
FYI....

Power Reactor Event Number: 41601
Facility: COOPER
Region: 4 State: NE
Unit: [1] [ ] [ ]
RX Type: [1] GE-4
NRC Notified By: STEVEN JOBE
HQ OPS Officer: PETE SNYDER  Notification Date: 04/15/2005
Notification Time: 09:26 [ET]
Event Date: 04/15/2005
Event Time: 04:36 [CDT]
Last Update Date: 04/15/2005 
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY
10 CFR Section:
50.72(b)(2)(iv)(A) - ECCS INJECTION
50.72(b)(2)(iv)(B) - RPS ACTUATION - CRITICAL
50.72(b)(3)(iv)(A) - VALID SPECIF SYS ACTUATION
50.72(b)(3)(v)(D) - ACCIDENT MITIGATION
 Person (Organization):
REBECCA NEASE (R4)

Unit SCRAM Code RX CRIT Initial PWR Initial RX Mode Current PWR Current RX Mode
1 A/R Y 100 Power Operation 0 Hot Shutdown

Event Text

REACTOR SCRAM AND SPECIFIED SYSTEM ACTUATIONS

"This is both a four hour and eight hour report for the following event:

"4 hour Non-Emergency for ECCS Discharge to the RCS and RPS Actuation;

"8 hour Non-Emergency for Groups 2 & 6. Also, HPCI [High Pressure Coolant Injection] was placed in pull-to-lock, thereby making HPCI unavailable.

"At 0436 [hrs.] CDT 04/15/2005, Cooper Nuclear Station experienced a reactor feed water level transient followed by reactor vessel water level low level alarm and an automatic scram. HPCI and RCIC [Reactor Core Isolation Cooling] automatically initiated and injected into the reactor vessel. Groups 2, 3, and 6 actuated on low reactor water level. Both reactor recirculation pumps tripped and RWCU [Reactor Water Clean-Up system] isolated. Reactor vessel water level reached approximately [minus] 70 inches (instrument zero, approximately 90 inches of water remained above the fuel) and recovered after HPCI and RCIC had begun to inject. All post-scram automatic actions were as expected. HPCI was placed in pull-to-lock to prevent over feeding. The plant is being cooled down to establish natural circulation flow and permit recovery of recirculation pumps.

"Investigation into the cause of the reactor feed water level transient is ongoing."

All rods inserted during the scram. No safety relief valves lifted during the transient. All group isolation signals have been reset. The electrical grid is stable. Decay heat is being removed via steam dumps to the main condenser.

The licensee has notified the NRC Resident Inspector.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #66 on: Aug 12, 2006, 01:37 »
does anyone know the outage start date?

vikingfan

« Reply #67 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:03 »
    Pug,

last i heard it's suppose to start about the 21st of october. if our going get your room early ! as their also building a new coal burner near by so rooms might be scarce.

sweetpea

« Reply #68 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:33 »
Mcnavy, what the hell man? Also, if ya don't mind driving 80 miles for a steak and if ya want to work with the legend in the making bryan "jedi pimp" gates go to this outage for sure.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:39 »
does anyone know the outage start date?
Get an outage schedule, they are free for gold members.

tonynuke

« Reply #70 on: Aug 13, 2006, 10:45 »
Im sorry to miss this one, but the loooooooong outage just to the north is too much to pass up!

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #71 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:16 »
Anyone heading to Cooper w/in the next week?  Just wondering, would be nice to see some of ya'll there.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #72 on: Dec 23, 2006, 01:08 »
Has anyone tried the new buffet on Central Ave. ?

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:29 »
The RPM just announced his resignation, speculation and rumors are rampant. He hasn't been in that position long, who knows why? Its all a big secret for some reason.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #74 on: Apr 24, 2008, 03:42 »
Pay no attention to Cooper's low rating...things have changed recently.

This outage is the most entertaining work I've had in 15 years...and the people are fun outside the plant, too...  (Bowl-e-Oke!)

Lots of nice trails & plenty of wildlife along the river...

Drawbacks are the high dose...and the lack of housing - start calling early to secure a place to stay.

There are rumors that pay could go up next outage...stay tuned...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?