Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138291 times)

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Re: Cooper
« Reply #100 on: Sep 15, 2008, 11:21 »
Check out the new Bowl-E-Oke pictures....

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-139.html

...sorry it took me so long to get them uploaded.

(In a very soft and scared voice)..."I see drunk people"...
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #101 on: Sep 16, 2008, 12:10 »
God I loved Cooper.  I never envisioned myself saying that while at the previous outage (Sanpablo).

RADBASTARD

« Reply #102 on: Sep 16, 2008, 02:17 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals[ and cornquote author=hamsamich link=topic=915.msg90617#msg90617 date=1221538209]
God I loved Cooper.  I never envisioned myself saying that while at the previous outage (Sanpablo).
[/quote]

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #103 on: Sep 16, 2008, 03:43 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals

Hey RB...we remember your comment about goats RE: Quad Cities, so we know your feeling about farm animals!  ;)

Seriously though, Cooper is down by the river and has a lot more entertainment & scenic value than a lot of other plants in the mid-West...come on out next time!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #104 on: Sep 16, 2008, 04:38 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals

That's the way we like 'em, corn-fed 'n slathered in butter....  ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #105 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:09 »
Buff it was Dresden but thank you .I hope we will see each other at the brazil sgrp.
your friend
RB
Hey RB...we remember your comment about goats RE: Quad Cities, so we know your feeling about farm animals!  ;)

Seriously though, Cooper is down by the river and has a lot more entertainment & scenic value than a lot of other plants in the mid-West...come on out next time!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #106 on: Sep 19, 2008, 12:18 »
But the area sux! Unless you like all those farm animals[ and cornquote author=hamsamich link=topic=915.msg90617#msg90617 date=1221538209]

God I love them farm animals...or I mean...never mind!

As long as you got the bowling alley and a good friend with a Karaoke set up all is good. It really ended up being about the people that were there. We were going to have a good time no matter what. Nobody was going to take that away from us and that is exactally what we did.

The house people were absolutely top notch also. They made us feel right at home and treated us with lots of respect. Don't believe any rumors to the contrary, this plant is a nice place to work. I hope to be fortunate enough to be able to go back some day.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #107 on: Sep 23, 2008, 12:32 »
You know I really liked the people at Cooper, and actually most of the people I met in Nebraska were just plain nice, or something else good.  I couldn't get over this observance, and mentioned it to others.  Here is an interesting map that has all kinds of stuff going on, including what is going on in NE.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122211987961064719.html?mod=yhoofront#articleTabs_interactive-PERSONALITY08%26project%3DPERSONALITY08

stownsend

« Reply #108 on: Sep 23, 2008, 01:01 »
That's the way we like 'em, corn-fed 'n slathered in butter....  ;)
I take mine smoked or with bar-b-que sauce,thank you.

ELT1/SS/DV

Cooper Operators
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2009, 01:22 »
I have applied for the NLO position that is posted on the nppd website and I was wondering if there were any Cooper operators here on the forums.

I would like to learn more about the area and the plant itself (information that I haven't already pulled from wikipedia, etc.)

Thanks!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #110 on: Oct 03, 2009, 09:11 »
During the lowering of the new B2 feedwater heater this morning, the rotational device on the lifting rig failed, resulting in an unplanned rotation of the lifting rig. This action caused the  heater to swing and impact a nearby one-inch condensate line. No one was injured in the movement, as the proper safety precautions were in place. The incident, which occurred at 02:50, is being investigated.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

BuddyThePug

« Reply #111 on: Oct 06, 2009, 02:28 »
clunk!

rebeccadinger

« Reply #112 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:42 »
The Head is on, the contractors have mostly left. The house will have to clean up the mess.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #113 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:25 »
The Head is on, the contractors have mostly left. The house will have to clean up the mess.
I'm staying to help. I think this has been a great plant. Everyone has treated me well. Had some very busy days but they made the time go by fast and the money was good. Too bad the plants down south don't get off their SSA and pay good bucks.

BuddyThePug

« Reply #114 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:17 »

Anybody got a mop?  ;)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #115 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:28 »
What is the brand name of the fixative we sprayed on items coming out of the refueling cavity?

Thanks!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #116 on: Jun 28, 2010, 08:12 »
What is the brand name of the fixative we sprayed on items coming out of the refueling cavity?

Thanks!

20% glyserol/water works nicely in a bug sprayer. I remember using WD-40 alot in the drywell at Cooper, worked good for valves but probably not for cavity. Are you trying to keep control of airborne or are you wanting to lock down contamination to prevent spread?
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #117 on: Jun 28, 2010, 09:31 »
20% glyserol/water works nicely in a bug sprayer. I remember using WD-40 alot in the drywell at Cooper, worked good for valves but probably not for cavity. Are you trying to keep control of airborne or are you wanting to lock down contamination to prevent spread?

It was our panacea...probably just voodoo RadCon, but made everyone feel more comfortable than if we just used water...I suppose it did help fix some of the crunchies, but...

I'm looking for a brand-name to pass along to the RP department here...maybe they'll want to give it a try, if they haven't already.

(The kickback program here ROCKS...Cha-Ching...so always looking for more ideas to turn in!)   ;)

WD-40, eh?  That's a new one on me...I'll have to keep it in mind.  Thanks!  :)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #118 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:24 »

I just looked at the chem permit for WD-40 at the current plant...can't be used on piping internals...oh well...   :(

mostlyharmless

« Reply #119 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:53 »
What are you trying to keep it out of? To bad about wd-40 ,thats a good idea. How bout a spray on car wax? It is relativly inert and biodegradable.Shoudnt glom up the works. Hows that for tech speak?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #120 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:29 »
What are you trying to keep it out of? To bad about wd-40 ,thats a good idea. How bout a spray on car wax? It is relativly inert and biodegradable.Shoudnt glom up the works. Hows that for tech speak?

I've never heard of anyone using carwax - not sure if I could get a chem permit for it...has to be low-chlorides, compatible with the resin beds, etc.  I'll kick it around with the chemistry gurus.  Thanks for the idea.

Anyone else out there that has worked Cooper refuel floor?  Or how about someone at the plant that can run down and talk to Steve, Dan, or one of the other house refuel RPs?  Still trying to get the brandname of the stuff we were spraying on pool items...  Thanks!  :)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #121 on: Jul 16, 2010, 04:55 »
Has there ever been any attempt to bring in Shared Resources technicians (from other Entergy sites) for the outages?  

(I know we sometimes send safety, engineering, etc, but don't think we have ever sent any union workers...)
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 04:56 by UncaBuffalo »

Pman52

« Reply #122 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:30 »
NPPD has an NLO opening posted on their site.  Anyone applied or have an idea of how many they are hiring?  I am going to apply for this position and was curious to see if anyone else took notice.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #123 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:10 »
NPPD has an NLO opening posted on their site.  Anyone applied or have an idea of how many they are hiring?  I am going to apply for this position and was curious to see if anyone else took notice.

I'd guess half a dozen. It's a nice area and good folks at the plant, go for it! Let us know how it goes for you.

Pman52

« Reply #124 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:44 »
I'd guess half a dozen. It's a nice area and good folks at the plant, go for it! Let us know how it goes for you.
I will let you guys know, thank you!

Do you work at that facility?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?