Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138297 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:58 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:51 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There is a KOA Kampground at Rock Port,Mo. which is about 7 miles from the Cooper Plant. Full hookups for RV's some spaces have telephone capabilities.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Cooper Contracts
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2002, 03:54 »
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2002, 12:49 »
the plant itself is in pretty good shape, and there are some good folks to work with at that facility....did I miss the Rate: Cooper ?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Rate Cooper
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2002, 01:01 »
some good people there, facility in good shape. Hard to get in for outages. Watch out for the deer on the county road!

DNJONES

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2002, 04:42 »
8)Going back to Cooper for the third time this spring. Love the people and the area.And yes watch out for the deer.
(y) (y) (y) =D

DNJONES

Re: Cooper Contracts
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2003, 02:58 »
PPM (POWER PLANT MAINTENECE) SOCIETY HILL S.C.
BARTLETT
THESE ARE TWO I KNOW OF. I WILL TRY TO GET FULL LIST WHEN
I GET ONSIGHT FEB. 4TH.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Cooper Contracts
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2003, 06:17 »
Stay on the good side of the Chape !

Offline gmoney

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2003, 04:41 »
Try to find some reasonable lodging.
I would guess the percentage of returnee's is one of the lowest in the country, for that very reason.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2003, 05:45 »
Try Auburn Inn, 402-274-3143, or the Palmer House Motel 800-272-3143 .Rates are usually reasonable. They are near Darling's Cafe and Wheeler Inn, some of my favorite dining establishments, great Midwestern hospitality! :)

Reddy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2003, 08:38 »
just watch out for the cops giving speeding tickets to the non-townies...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2003, 09:35 »
Refueling outage coming up soon, any thoughts on what the duration will be?

Reddy

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2003, 06:07 »
During the last outage at Cooper, did anyone lose a small male pug, wearing a leash halter?

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2003, 06:41 »
Cooper now officially has the lowest rating of any operating facility.  Glad to not be there!!! ???

Reddy

« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2003, 05:55 »
It's no surprise to me that it's the poorest rated.

ratwife

« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2003, 03:57 »
Message from the Cooper RPM

Before RFO-21 we were very adamant about wearing greens in the RCA.  There have been very few exceptions made to your request, and you have had most of the say-so on these exceptions.  However, when I walk around the plant, the people who have been the most out of line with the normal attire are the Chem and RPTs.  We have set a standard for wearing greens into the RCA, now let's set the standard for what we will allow for use; starting with ourselves.  Please ensure that all RP; house, USA, and Barltett start wearing the standard  greens that we supply.  Keep in mind that we are setting a standard that supports the impression of professionalism.  We do a professional job and making changes like this promotes that image to others.
However, when I walk around the plant, people, RP and Chemistry included, are wearing many different combinations of the standard issue greens and greens from outside CNS (i.e. flowered tops, purple sets, Hawaiian styles, etc.)  We have set a standard for wearing greens into the RCA, now let's set the standard for what we will allow for use.  Please enforce the use of the standard CNS issued greens in the field and communicate this to the workers.  Keep in mind that we are setting a standard that supports the impression of professionalism.  We do a professional job at CNS and making changes, like standardizing the use of greens, promotes that image to others

They only issued me three sets of Scrubs, and there are no locker or shower facilities on site. How professional is it to wear stinky/dirty Scrubs while I'm working 6-12s  :o

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2003, 10:53 »
And they wonder why NPPD and NRC wants to shut them down. I guess the color of your scrubs must be the most important thing this RPM has to worry about. How sad :P :'( :'(

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2003, 03:02 »
just be glad you dont have to use the men's rooms, because they have had the same slow commodes and busted lock/peek-a-boo doors on them for the past couple years....

lizard_wizard

« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2003, 08:05 »
What on earth are you guys doing at Cooper? Didn’t they shut down under some kind of letter; afraid they would never start up again? Didn’t they get permission to start back up right after they started enforcing the scrub policy? (a connection between the two maybe). It is a miracle that you guys were able to start up from 20 previous outages with that unprofessional look. Since Cooper is the lowest rated plant in the NRC’s Reactor Oversight Program, (next to last category by themselves), maybe your priority’s should be focused elsewhere. Normally you get visits from NRC when you are treading water. I know, make everyone stencil their clothes and undergarments followed by random stencil checks. That would make them look and act even more professional. I think someone has been smoking the cornhusks down there instead of eating the corn.

workinman

« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2003, 02:02 »
Let's see?  If I had my choice of going back to Cooper or shaving my head with a wood rasp, I'd be on my way to the hardware store!

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2003, 03:45 »
Oh, by the way, the three sets of Modestries issued at Cooper are blue not green .....go figure...

[smiley=argue.gif]
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

lizard_wizard

« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2003, 01:45 »
When I was there in 01, the opposing attorney in their lawsuit stated in the Lincoln Journal Star the the management at Cooper was in a "death spiral of stupidity". It appears that they have proved him right.

damfuzzy

« Reply #22 on: Mar 10, 2003, 09:20 »
Did NMC take over their management yet? If so, have things gotten any better? Worse?  Thanks...

Dave

workinman

(afro) (afro)Re: Talk About: Cooper
« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2003, 04:46 »
Supposedly they are managing the place but some kind of legal problems are preventing them from having complete control.  Hopefully it will turn around, there are some great people here and I think that they and the plant's performance are held back by resistance to change!  I know what I said earlier about the whole wood rasp thing but that was just a little humor, each place has it's own quirks, it's not as bad here as it sounds.

(afro)

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2003, 05:40 »
Speaking of Cooper Policy...The site coordinator has stated that the NRRPT cert is good for 5 years.  No exceptions.  Tell that to a CHP or your family doctor.  Tell that to your CPA while he does your taxes.  

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?