Cooper

Above Average
15 (27.3%)
Average
14 (25.5%)
Below Average
26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 138329 times)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Cooper
« Reply #75 on: Apr 26, 2008, 11:58 »
the people at cooper rock man, on nights anyway.  love the cafeteria.  love the bowl-E-oke!

vikingfan

« Reply #76 on: Apr 26, 2008, 04:53 »
hammy, are ou speaking of the main cafeteria orthe one in trailer 9 boondocks ? anyhow the main cafeteria can be a little pricy but it still decent enough for those of us on nights. at least its better then hat we had here last outage !!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #77 on: Apr 27, 2008, 03:58 »
I heard the drywell techs better strap some sponges all over them,because I heard they were just sucking up the dose!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #78 on: Apr 27, 2008, 08:54 »
i like the regular cafeteria.  it is way better then most plants. i don't know about the drywell RB, i won't go in there.

safetyguy

« Reply #79 on: Apr 27, 2008, 03:42 »
Been a good outage, a little short, but what can you do.
Definately some DW dose, but, what older BWR doesn't?
Could rotate some Control Point Seniors through for dose
equalization, but, that's a risky proposition there.... :D

vikingfan

« Reply #80 on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:09 »
now if only they could figure out how to keep the ventilation on up on the refuel floor. at least keep it from raining...... and 100 degree temps !
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2008, 05:11 by vikingfan »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #81 on: Apr 27, 2008, 09:37 »
now if only they could figure out how to keep the ventilation on up on the refuel floor. at least keep it from raining...... and 100 degree temps !

Yeah, but it's kind of restful to watch the Cherenkov of the (still!) hanging bundle through the steam off the SFP!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

vikingfan

« Reply #82 on: Apr 28, 2008, 06:29 »
yep looks good on camera but the other night ( thursday) whenwe had refuel floor stay times of 35 min due to no ventilation and extreme heat it was no picnic !!!!! as for the fuel assembly its still hanging.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #83 on: Apr 28, 2008, 07:32 »
yep looks good on camera but the other night ( thursday) whenwe had refuel floor stay times of 35 min due to no ventilation and extreme heat it was no picnic !!!!!

Oh, come on!  It almost always rains at picnics, so...  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #84 on: Apr 28, 2008, 07:10 »
Oh, come on!  It almost always rains at picnics, so...  ;)

Ain't it a picnic though.....with a takeout box full of gizzards 'n fries still hot from the fryer!! Not gonna find THAT at any fancy plant in Cali !!

Just watch out for the ants on the 903' level....

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #85 on: Apr 28, 2008, 08:54 »
Fuel bundle made it to the spent fuel pool today

RADBASTARD

« Reply #86 on: Apr 29, 2008, 05:23 »
I heard that you guys are having a big lay off today 40+ techs.
I don't get it I thought you were 20 techs short and their laying off 40 after 12-17 days man that sux.

Well i guess the next outage will be even harder to staff?

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #87 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:33 »
RB...Not exactly true, but there were some layoffs spread out this week
Hp, Alara, Decon, Dos.   
Were able to delay some layoffs as well.  scheduled 25 day outage, so,
you would expect some layoffs at this point.
Most Tech's seem pretty happy with the plant, good morale, etc.
Plant staff seems happy with the supplemental staff as well.
Like anyone, I hate to see early layoffs and I am missing my man Andy,
but, it is a fact of life not only here but everywhere in the industry.

BK

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #88 on: Apr 30, 2008, 11:57 »
My thoughts a few weeks ago...

Ring Ring...Hello...You want me to go where?! Nebraska!!! ...I just don't know, I was planning on going home for the summer...Ok Ok, I'll go...(man, I need to talk some of these other techs into going with me, this is really gonna suck).

Serious misconception. Cooper has been a great stay. Can't say a bunch about the area's offerings for living but the plant has been a hoot! Working the drywell on nights has been most entertaining and it has been fun to actually be a HP again. Big dose in the drywell for the work force but I plan to get out of here with less than 675'ish considering I have a couple more shifts and I am the high man on the team (freakin' sponge!).

Bowl-e-Oke has been a blast, very competent group of techs that get along and great house people to work with. I give it two thumbs up ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2008, 03:28 »
My thoughts a few weeks ago...

Ring Ring...Hello...You want me to go where?! Nebraska!!! ...I just don't know, I was planning on going home for the summer...Ok Ok, I'll go...(man, I need to talk some of these other techs into going with me, this is really gonna suck).

Serious misconception. Cooper has been a great stay. Can't say a bunch about the area's offerings for living but the plant has been a hoot! Working the drywell on nights has been most entertaining and it has been fun to actually be a HP again. Big dose in the drywell for the work force but I plan to get out of here with less than 675'ish considering I have a couple more shifts and I am the high man on the team (freakin' sponge!).

Bowl-e-Oke has been a blast, very competent group of techs that get along and great house people to work with. I give it two thumbs up ;D

That's right!  You talked us into this...so it's your 'fault'...   ;)

Thanks, Brett!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2008, 06:00 »
That's right!  You talked us into this...so it's your 'fault'...   ;)

Thanks, Brett!

Any time! When faced with a potentially miserable time...surround yourself with people you like.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

vikingfan

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2008, 05:00 »
we set the rpv head early this am. should be pipe tight with in 24 hrs. we have had some unique challenges this outage but we have met them head on an moved forward. the hp's on night shift refuel floor have been great to work with !! so a shout out to those guys !!

klsas

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2008, 08:42 »
We had a good time on dayshift also. Didn't do a bowl-e-oke so maybe we did miss something. Except for the drywell dose and constant lack of REC, it was a good outage.

Keith

vikingfan

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2008, 09:11 »
were pipe tight about 3pm or so yesterday !! drywell head installed about 230 am an tensioned. outage for me is complete !! got my layoff and heading home after a busy outage season !! lot of dose on the reuel floor this outage !! hope that improves for the next outage !

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2008, 07:55 »
Pipe tight maybe - but the Rx head is leaking

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2008, 12:36 »
Pipe tight maybe - but the Rx head is leaking

Ahhhhh...these things happen. Just like a Harley, leaks a bit of oil but that doesn't make it any less cool! And Cooper...is COOL! ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

vikingfan

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2008, 05:29 »
hope thy can resolve the issue ! well good thing they have crew left on the refuel floor.

vikingfan

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48 »
accoding to the NRC status report they are at 100 % :) :)

klsas

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2008, 05:36 »
They were back on the grid the night of the 18th. They overshot their goal by eleven days. I guess the last of the Bartlett people left on the 15th. Now they get to clean up the mess we made. I was a fun outage. Maybe the drywell dose will magically disappear before the next outage.

Keith

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Sep 15, 2008, 06:04 »
Check out the new Bowl-E-Oke pictures....

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-139.html

...sorry it took me so long to get them uploaded.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 06:06 by UncaBuffalo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?