Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

24 months and a plan?

(1/1)

98-Rock:
I am an EM1 (sw).  I did not make it past prototype (charleston), for young and dumb reasons.  Got smart, stayed navy and am looking to set myself up with an op-out at my 10 yr point.  I have no degree as of yet, but I do have roughly 79 college credit hours not including my smart transcript.  I am interested in finishing an engineering degree in the next 24 months (thomas edison?), go into the reserves to finish out the last 10 yrs, and get my foot in the door as a NLO.  Any advice out there?

ChiefRocscooter:
What are your credits in and what type of degree are you thinking of getting? I am not sure how much credit you will get for passing Nuc school but some guys like M1ARK, and Broadzila might have a better answer for you.  Have you worked on a steam ship??

Rob

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: ChiefRocscooter on Oct 18, 2006, 09:04 ---I am not sure how much credit you will get for passing Nuc school but some guys like M1ARK, and Broadzila might have a better answer for you.  Have you worked on a steam ship??

--- End quote ---

Nuke school + EM1 + English composition with written essay CLEP will give an A.S. from Excelsior, and is probably about the same for TESC.

One of the best NLOs I worked with was ex-Navy, but he wasn't Nuke Navy. If you have experience in the Engineering Department, you will still be an asset at a Commercial Nuke. But you might be better suited to Electrical Maintenance or Electrical Maintenance Planning. Don't make a decision without weighing the options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version