Columbia

Above Average
16 (37.2%)
Average
16 (37.2%)
Below Average
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Columbia (WNP2)  (Read 89594 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Columbia (WNP2)
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:08 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2006, 09:51 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Columbia (WNP2)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:42 »
Talk About: Columbia (WNP2)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:50 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2005, 01:41 by Duke Nuker »

mahalo50

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2002, 01:27 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Best plant I've worked since Trojan shut down Great people so so area good money

WNP_2

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2003, 04:55 »
Hello,

Does anyone here know how WNP 2 rates compared to other nuke plants? Safety, Reliablity, Performance, overall?

Could WNP 1 be finished and used to produce power?

Thanks,

Morgan

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2003, 03:08 »

Great people so so area

Agree with you on the people...think you were being generous about the area.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

duke99301

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2003, 06:28 »
since I grew up there I can tell you the area is very nice and the Boat races are coming up in less than two weeks .  and the area has grown a lot since I left. I remeber when WNP2 was a hole in the ground ,  A lot of good times out at handford in the old days.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2003, 09:27 »
since I grew up there I can tell you the area is very nice and the Boat races are coming up in less than two weeks .

The "whoosh" boats are OK but the old RR Merlins made the Columbia Cup something.  "Thunder on the River" to "Whisper on the River"...to bad.  Did the initial fuel load and first power run back in the 80's.  For a PA guy it took a while to adjust to high desert but eventually found it to be very nice.  The people also were very nice.  Also a great area for outdooors activities.  Only thing, outside of the Tri-Cities there really is not much for 3-4 hours in any direction, unless you're a "wineaux".  It can also cost a small fortune to fly in and out of the local airport unless you're real lucky on an airfare.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

duke99301

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2003, 05:16 »
let ask you this did any ever go to Stalag 13?? what a place it was back in the 80s

Dan_E.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2003, 12:47 »
Yep! Stalag 13, they would cash your paycheck for whatever the cents was. Sure helped the out-of-towners that didn't have a local bank account yet. Don't forget Rider's Sausage, back then it was about 600' closer to work...hot sausage (with horseradish) & cold beer, m-m-m.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:32 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

duke99301

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:20 »
the Moose in pasco

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2004, 08:15 »
Kind of far for a weekend, but this is as close as you will get in commercial power to the San Juan Islands - a "must do" for anyone, but esp. for people willing to sea kayak...Orcas, seals, whales....
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

icallfouls

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 06:49 »
Last I knew, WNP-2 was a SALP-2.  Closer to 2-, but making improvements.  I really liked the plant and the people.

As far as #1, there have been discussions to make it operational.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 07:47 »
WNP-1 is a no-go.
Once the construction permit was relinquished, that is not a nuke plant. The feasibility studies might say use the turbine / steam cycle as the generator of a fossil powered unit, but definitely not a nuke.

The site might be considered for a new construction project, but I would say the Left coast is the last place you will see a new nuke.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

rabbit

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 05:21 »
Last time I was there ('96) they were using something called Economic Dispatch.  If the power could be generated by means of Hydro and other non-nuclear sources then WNP-2 (Columbia Generating Station) would be either reduced in power or brought off line.   If there is ever a drought situation there, the residents of the TrashCities would be up a dry creek with no water.  In the summer months almost everyone waters their yard in the morning.  The Hydro plants would be used less forcing the use  of CGS.  One can only hope.

As for the area, I liked it.  Stayed in Kennewick and Richland.  Got treated well all times I was there by other residents and plant people as well.  Just haven't found the time to go back there.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 11:07 »
Wow!  Now that's really smart considering that it costs as much to operate a nuke plant at 0, 10, 20, 50, or 90% as it does to operate at 100%.  The savings in fuel would be miniscule if any at all.  You still have to pay all the other bills with no revenue being generated from production.  Meanwhile, you're slamming the environment with hydro/fossil operation.
With genius decisions like that, it is no wonder that we can't get any new nukes built.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #17 on: Jun 13, 2005, 01:02 »
Nice place.  This outage was my first  and I had a good time for the most part.  Got to see some old (some older than others!) friends, and made a bunch of new ones.  The techs, both contract and in-house were a great bunch to work with and I'm looking forward to coming back.  Take care everyone and hope to see you all soon.

Fermi2

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2005, 06:00 »
You mean INPO 2 and 3 right? There's no such thing as a SALP Rating anymore since the NRC went to Risk Based regulation you get rated by colors within certain Cornerstones of SAfety.

In May of 2004 I was the Ops Peer for a WNP2 QA Audit and I had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed the people and the area. I ripped their Work Control Process though.

I'd go back on another audit there if I had the chance.

Mike

M1Ark

« Reply #19 on: Oct 29, 2005, 11:27 »
Anyone know when the next SRO Instant Class will start at Columbia Generating?

Fermi2

« Reply #20 on: Oct 30, 2005, 12:34 »
I think it might be awhile, IIRC they just hired a class of SRO's

MIke

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 09, 2006, 02:19 »
well...i can tell you it has come up in conversations among some techs at the plant but we are the like one of the last outages of the season so it might not be too bad getting folks to come here esp those that want a little pre-summer cash. I think it's hard finding techs for any outage at the moment tho..That being said..Diablo will draw many of the returnees..we will see in 7 months! :P

Fermi2

« Reply #22 on: Apr 06, 2007, 01:32 »
Man being in that area in April or May is HEAVEN.

Mike

Jr8black3

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2007, 01:08 »
Bill, your going to love it out there,, from one dc cook brother to another,, you'll like it just avoid the tumble weeds.. I loved it there..

Goodluck Bill

Kevin

Offline lauriema19

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2007, 04:24 »
ONE OF THE BEST HOUSE TECHS IN THE BIZ.  AND THEN SOME...GREAT PEOPLE IN GENERAL..
I'LL TAKE THE TUMBLE WEEDS AND THE DESERT ANYTIME.

sweetpea

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 02:19 »
 you have vinnie samuels, paul kellogg, and the heeb...what more do you need?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:21 by sweetpea »

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2007, 01:18 »
Just spent the Spring at CGS for R18 and had a great time. Good leadership and an awesome crew lead to a safe and smooth outage on the refuel floor.  Thanks Chris, Vinnie, and Jim for the fun on the 606'. Ditto to Dennis, Nichole (sp), and Charles for the picnics, ribs, and steaks - a very nice touch helping those away from home keep it real during the frenetic pace we call outage. Goodluck to Rich on St. Helens, you won't need it after all those stairs. K & B have fun at Yellowstone.  Broadzilla is right, Spring in the desert is an awesome experience! Hope to see everyone at our Unit 2 outage in the Fall. Peace and Karma to ya.

Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #27 on: Jun 26, 2007, 12:43 »
Yes had a real good time on the refuel learning from the veterans.  No worries for me knowing that CV had my back.  Only had one gripe and that was Jim L faking a faint spell so I couldnt go on break.  Take care  Mr. Chambers hope your vacation is going well.  Thanks for taking care of my mistakes.  It was good to see a house tech working for his money.  Tell the gang hi at DC for me.   Like to thank the folks  at  Columbia for treating us real good if we can just get those prices down in the lunch room everything would of been perfect.   It was also nice to see some old faces.  Perks, Wally, Nap, and Lee.   Next time we want hotdogs Mr. Rod.         

partyboy

« Reply #28 on: Oct 21, 2007, 02:50 »
Anyone with some info on shift schedules and average overtime at Columbia?  What is an average annual salary for year 1, year 5, and so on?  Any overall opinions on this place would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

Mitch257

« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2007, 04:22 »
Would need to know your specialty and level of qualification to offer any useful answer to your question.  WNP-2 does not, in general, offer the highest salaries in the business, but the cost of living is pretty reasonable around here.

sullied

« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:42 »
I'm a Navy ET getting out EWS qualified with about 9 years total. I'm very interested in working at this plant because my wife is from the Tri-Cities. What kind of salary and benefits am I looking at for SRO? I know the cost of living there is lower than many other areas, so I would expect to see a slightly lower salary. Also, how is the shift schedule for SRO? What kind of advancement can I expect to see and what is the likelihood of getting a day shift only job? I've got a family that doesnt take shift work too well.

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2008, 03:21 »
I'm a Navy ET getting out EWS qualified with about 9 years total. I'm very interested in working at this plant because my wife is from the Tri-Cities. What kind of salary and benefits am I looking at for SRO? I know the cost of living there is lower than many other areas, so I would expect to see a slightly lower salary. Also, how is the shift schedule for SRO? What kind of advancement can I expect to see and what is the likelihood of getting a day shift only job? I've got a family that doesnt take shift work too well.

SOMEWHERE over the rainbow...

Offline NuclearBob

• Very Lite User
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:43 »
Our salaries are competitive with the rest of the industry for Operators.  We recently brought in a class of Equipment Operators, and have two classes of Control Room Operators (RO/SRO) finishing up this fall and next spring.  The next class will not start until about August of 2009.  We run a six shift rotation, 12 hour shifts.  Advancement depends on your talents and abilities.  You can expect to spend a number of years on shift as an SRO (usually).  There are not that many day-shift jobs, and lots of talented people that have been on shift for a long time.  If interested, openings are posted on our website, www.Energy-northwest.com.  Best of luck.

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:37 »
Do you really think WNP Salaries are competitive? They must have really upgraded their pay structure since 2006.

Mike

Offline NuclearBob

• Very Lite User
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2008, 09:33 »
We made some changes to the Operations pay structure to become more competitive.  Our Engineering and other support positions were in better shape.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2008, 11:01 »
get a raise very year! ;)

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2008, 11:41 »
I am having a great time!! The people are very nice for the most part there are some that just like to complain but you get people like that everywhere!!
death to all who apose us!!!!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #37 on: Aug 07, 2009, 09:24 »
Has the smoke cleared yet?  :P

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #38 on: Aug 07, 2009, 09:46 »
Smoke is gone.....but the evidence remains.  We are now dealing with asbestos.  Looks like it will be a while till we are back online (2-6 weeks).....which sucks...except for the overtime.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #39 on: Aug 08, 2009, 03:02 »
Smoke is gone.....but the evidence remains.  We are now dealing with asbestos.  Looks like it will be a while till we are back online (2-6 weeks).....which sucks...except for the overtime.

How about a brief update of what-in-the-heck-are-we-talking-about...for those of us that tuned in late...
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009, 03:03 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2009, 03:38 »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: Aug 08, 2009, 04:09 »

nmaguire

« Reply #42 on: Aug 11, 2009, 08:56 »
Glad to hear everyone is safe.

2-6 weeks sounds like a long time. Any RTS date yet?

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:48 »
There is rumor of a Sept 5th start up...but here at Columbia we all know how that goes. 

RadConRanger

« Reply #44 on: Sep 04, 2009, 12:31 »
Anyone with a link to their job site?  Or thoughts/data on when they might be hiring AO's from ex-navy MM's?
Anything would be great-thanks!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Sep 04, 2009, 08:09 »
Anyone with a link to their job site?  Or thoughts/data on when they might be hiring AO's from ex-navy MM's?
Anything would be great-thanks!

http://www.energy-northwest.com/erecruit/emplmain.php

http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Pages/Careers.aspx

modified for new link
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2013, 02:40 by UncaBuffalo »

nmaguire

« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2009, 09:02 »
I read 11/12 startup somewhere.

Are you fellas rolling it up today? 

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:21 »
Reactor went critical yesterday.....since I am off right now Im not sure of plant status at this moment.  Its been a pretty rough year for us here at Columbia.....except for the overtime $$$$$

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:06 »
Returned to work today.......plant is at 85% power and should be 100% soon.  Entire RCA smells like burning DEH fluid (Fyrquel)

sullied

« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:51 »
Anyone know the normal class up/hiring times of Equipment Operators and Reactor Operators? I get out of the Navy in the fall and I'm wondering if this time would mesh with the hiring dates of the plant.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #50 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:33 »
(I clipped this from the Hanford thread...)

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,26606.msg137191.html#msg137191

......Yea For Columbia (even if we are ranked 104 out of 104) :D

Who is ranking you that low?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011, 08:35 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #51 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:17 »
INPO.....although we might have moved up to 103 recently.  We went from INPO 2 to INPO 4 following their last visit.  Equipment reliability is our MAJOR problem.....however we are on a 436 day run right now....just dont ask about "scheduled" down powers  ;D

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #52 on: Jun 13, 2011, 11:55 »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:01 »
Now we just need some pics of our condenser replacement project......the one that was originally 70 days long....then was extended to 97 days.....that is now 190 hours behind that.  Actually, today is day 70....and they have yet to place a new module into the condenser  :D

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: Jul 08, 2011, 03:07 »
Now we just need some pics of our condenser replacement project......the one that was originally 70 days long....then was extended to 97 days.....that is now 190 hours behind that.  Actually, today is day 70....and they have yet to place a new module into the condenser  :D

How's it going now?  Hope things are doing better!

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #55 on: Jul 08, 2011, 10:02 »
Would you like to come back and help with 606' re-assembly sometime in August?  LOL
The latest schedule is 126 days.  The last of the condenser bundles is being moved in, a lot of fit-up and welding to be done...along with tube repairs.  It has been a challenge, but, I am confident
we will endure....

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #56 on: Jul 08, 2011, 12:14 »
Rumor is the Bartlett Coordinator is personally responsible for the 60+ day extention  ;D

bigdog46

« Reply #57 on: Jul 08, 2011, 01:57 »
I'd like to hear more about that rumor?

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #58 on: Jul 08, 2011, 02:07 »
Rumor is the Bartlett Coordinator is personally responsible for the 60+ day extention  ;D

You're killin me....  don't make me take my tech's and go home....

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Aug 24, 2011, 07:35 »
You're killin me....  don't make me take my tech's and go home....

So, how many of you are still there?  Someone said it may be another month before the plant gets back up?  wow...  :(

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #60 on: Aug 25, 2011, 12:46 »
Making good progress, condenser work wrapping up, but, a lot of clean-up as you would expect.  Brought some help back in to off-set those going to other outage's.. Have to leave myself tomorrow.

How is life on the other side of the world?

BK

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Aug 25, 2011, 10:18 »
Making good progress, condenser work wrapping up, but, a lot of clean-up as you would expect.  Brought some help back in to off-set those going to other outage's.. Have to leave myself tomorrow.

How is life on the other side of the world?

BK

Glad you are doing good...

The other side of the world is also good.  I'm getting into my teaching groove.  The other day, I taught a career planning lesson that they loved.  They ALL stayed after class (even the little nyak layngs that are usually asleep at back of room) to keep talking about it...until finally I had to chase them off so another class could have the room.  Think they all want to be Nuke Workers now!

Tell everyone at Columbia that I said, "Hey!"
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2011, 10:25 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Aug 27, 2011, 05:00 »
We still have AT LEAST two weeks left before the plant in on the grid. There is a 10 day period devoted to testing alone.....and those of us that are actually working the Condenser Project know B&W isnt going to be giving the condenser back to us in 4 days  ;)

So when all is said and done.....this 70 day outage will be 160+

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:32 »
i have heard that they are trying to connect to the grid, but are having problems, were at 1% on the nrc report today, anyone know if they will be coming back soon?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:34 »
i have heard that they are trying to connect to the grid, but are having problems, were at 1% on the nrc report today, anyone know if they will be coming back soon?

I'm sure that's just the non-public information some power marketing traders would LOVE to know  [whistle]

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:44 »

We entered Mode 2 on Sept 18th. There is hope of entering Mode 1 today around 1800. If this happens (IF!!!) then we are looking at a grid sync on Sept 22nd and achieving 100% Rx power Sept 25th.  The only thing certain right now is this 70 day outage that started the first week of April has been..........interesting  :D

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #66 on: Sep 20, 2011, 05:44 »
thanks for the update, certainly a very long outage at this unit

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #67 on: Sep 21, 2011, 12:42 »
 "Nuclear Implosion, The Rise and Fall of the Washington Public Power Supply System" by Professor Daniel Pope of the University of Oregon admirably explains the background of this incredible anomaly in the outage world.

Of the 35 BWRs in the US, four are Model 5 BWRs. Columbia, Nine Mile 2, Lasalle 1&2.

The current light water world record run is held by Lasalle Unit 1...739 days.

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2011, 01:49 by wlrun3 »

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #68 on: Sep 23, 2011, 09:10 »
Columbia back up to 2% for the 3rd day on NRC webpage, looks like are testing and they might be back by next week

ChuckW65

« Reply #69 on: Sep 27, 2011, 06:18 »
On the grid at 1249 today. Slowly headed to 100% power. Finally!!! 8)

Jelly

« Reply #70 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:54 »
Hey guys I have been watching Energy Northwest's website for some time waiting for a NLO position to open up and I haven't seen one. I was just curious if there is some other route to try and apply or if I am just missing something? I have read that some places hire in cycles, is that how it works at CGS and if so do you know when it is coming around again? Thanks for the help.

ChuckW65

« Reply #71 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:37 »
Keep looking.  I think we are starting a new NLO class early next year.  I'll find out and let you know.  We just started a License class so there won't be another one for a while.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:45 »
Interviewed for an SRO position at the end of Aug.  Received and accepted the job offer last week.  Looking to connect with folks already there and others who'll be in the ILC starting in Jul 2013.

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2012, 12:15 by NukeLDO »
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Fermi2

« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2012, 09:13 »
Congratulations !!

BetaAnt

« Reply #74 on: Feb 06, 2013, 12:29 »
Who has the Spring 2013 outage? ??? ??? ???

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:16 »
Bartlett..

BetaAnt

« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:06 »
It's not on their outage list but, I called and details maybe 2/8/13.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  :)

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #77 on: Aug 07, 2013, 10:18 »
I have read that some places hire in cycles, is that how it works at CGS and if so do you know when it is coming around again? Thanks for the help.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #78 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:13 »
they just had interviews for RP, supposedly have more people retiring soon so might hire more, but they are slow to fully man RP and like to stay lean.  Guessing....2 years?  Wild guess.

Offline Jason9x

• Light User
« Reply #79 on: Aug 09, 2013, 02:32 »
I put in for a position, hope to get a call! I would love to go back home and not have to work at Hanford lol.
Jason

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #80 on: Aug 09, 2013, 07:08 »
they just had interviews for RP, supposedly have more people retiring soon so might hire more, but they are slow to fully man RP and like to stay lean.  Guessing....2 years?  Wild guess.

Apologize but not understanding your statement, the bolded stuff specifically.  What is RP and what is meant by saying two years?
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.

I put in for a position, hope to get a call! I would love to go back home and not have to work at Hanford lol.

Yeah on that I'm a little worried since I've heard the further away you are the less likely you are to get a call.  I'm in Georgia, soooo...
I also have no connections whatsoever.

Offline Jason9x

• Light User
« Reply #81 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:13 »
Apologize but not understanding your statement, the bolded stuff specifically.  What is RP and what is meant by saying two years?
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.

Yeah on that I'm a little worried since I've heard the further away you are the less likely you are to get a call.  I'm in Georgia, soooo...
I also have no connections whatsoever.

RP stands for Radiation Protection and I believe what he means by two years is how long it will take them to fully staff the RP group.

I have a home in the Tri Cities so I hope that wont be a problem for me.
Jason

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #82 on: Aug 09, 2013, 05:12 »
I see.  Thank you for clearing that up.  I'm looking for an EO position there.  Been lurking for weeks trying to find info on CGS's near future hiring, etc.  Also looking to see if I'm wasting my time by applying when I currently reside in GA.  I don't see why that should matter especially since I'm able to pay my way over there and am from the region.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #83 on: Dec 07, 2013, 06:06 »

We have one guy who might retire sometime in the future.....however, as of right now there are no plans on replacing the next RP who leaves due to station wide workforce reductions (unless.....its Security or Engineering  >:(). We will be going from 27 Techs to 25 and we currently have 26.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2015, 10:33 »
We completed our first breaker to breaker run..... 683 continuous days  :)

Now on to R22 and 42 days of glorious fun  :D

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2015, 02:46 »
Damn that's a great run

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?