Columbia

Above Average
16 (37.2%)
Average
16 (37.2%)
Below Average
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Columbia (WNP2)  (Read 89616 times)

Offline Radstalker

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Columbia (WNP2)
« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:16 »
Bartlett..

BetaAnt

« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:06 »
It's not on their outage list but, I called and details maybe 2/8/13.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  :)

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #77 on: Aug 07, 2013, 10:18 »
I have read that some places hire in cycles, is that how it works at CGS and if so do you know when it is coming around again? Thanks for the help.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #78 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:13 »
they just had interviews for RP, supposedly have more people retiring soon so might hire more, but they are slow to fully man RP and like to stay lean.  Guessing....2 years?  Wild guess.

Offline Jason9x

• Light User
« Reply #79 on: Aug 09, 2013, 02:32 »
I put in for a position, hope to get a call! I would love to go back home and not have to work at Hanford lol.
Jason

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #80 on: Aug 09, 2013, 07:08 »
they just had interviews for RP, supposedly have more people retiring soon so might hire more, but they are slow to fully man RP and like to stay lean.  Guessing....2 years?  Wild guess.

Apologize but not understanding your statement, the bolded stuff specifically.  What is RP and what is meant by saying two years?
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.

I put in for a position, hope to get a call! I would love to go back home and not have to work at Hanford lol.

Yeah on that I'm a little worried since I've heard the further away you are the less likely you are to get a call.  I'm in Georgia, soooo...
I also have no connections whatsoever.

Offline Jason9x

• Light User
« Reply #81 on: Aug 09, 2013, 12:13 »
Apologize but not understanding your statement, the bolded stuff specifically.  What is RP and what is meant by saying two years?
Thanks and sorry for my ignorance.

Yeah on that I'm a little worried since I've heard the further away you are the less likely you are to get a call.  I'm in Georgia, soooo...
I also have no connections whatsoever.

RP stands for Radiation Protection and I believe what he means by two years is how long it will take them to fully staff the RP group.

I have a home in the Tri Cities so I hope that wont be a problem for me.
Jason

Offline charly13243

• Very Lite User
« Reply #82 on: Aug 09, 2013, 05:12 »
I see.  Thank you for clearing that up.  I'm looking for an EO position there.  Been lurking for weeks trying to find info on CGS's near future hiring, etc.  Also looking to see if I'm wasting my time by applying when I currently reside in GA.  I don't see why that should matter especially since I'm able to pay my way over there and am from the region.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #83 on: Dec 07, 2013, 06:06 »

We have one guy who might retire sometime in the future.....however, as of right now there are no plans on replacing the next RP who leaves due to station wide workforce reductions (unless.....its Security or Engineering  >:(). We will be going from 27 Techs to 25 and we currently have 26.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2015, 10:33 »
We completed our first breaker to breaker run..... 683 continuous days  :)

Now on to R22 and 42 days of glorious fun  :D
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2015, 02:46 »
Damn that's a great run

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?