Columbia

Above Average
16 (37.2%)
Average
16 (37.2%)
Below Average
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Columbia (WNP2)  (Read 89568 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Columbia (WNP2)
« Reply #50 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:33 »
(I clipped this from the Hanford thread...)

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,26606.msg137191.html#msg137191

......Yea For Columbia (even if we are ranked 104 out of 104) :D

Who is ranking you that low?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011, 08:35 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #51 on: Jan 24, 2011, 03:17 »
INPO.....although we might have moved up to 103 recently.  We went from INPO 2 to INPO 4 following their last visit.  Equipment reliability is our MAJOR problem.....however we are on a 436 day run right now....just dont ask about "scheduled" down powers  ;D
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #52 on: Jun 13, 2011, 11:55 »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:01 »
Now we just need some pics of our condenser replacement project......the one that was originally 70 days long....then was extended to 97 days.....that is now 190 hours behind that.  Actually, today is day 70....and they have yet to place a new module into the condenser  :D

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: Jul 08, 2011, 03:07 »
Now we just need some pics of our condenser replacement project......the one that was originally 70 days long....then was extended to 97 days.....that is now 190 hours behind that.  Actually, today is day 70....and they have yet to place a new module into the condenser  :D

How's it going now?  Hope things are doing better!

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #55 on: Jul 08, 2011, 10:02 »
Would you like to come back and help with 606' re-assembly sometime in August?  LOL
The latest schedule is 126 days.  The last of the condenser bundles is being moved in, a lot of fit-up and welding to be done...along with tube repairs.  It has been a challenge, but, I am confident
we will endure....

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #56 on: Jul 08, 2011, 12:14 »
Rumor is the Bartlett Coordinator is personally responsible for the 60+ day extention  ;D

bigdog46

« Reply #57 on: Jul 08, 2011, 01:57 »
I'd like to hear more about that rumor?

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #58 on: Jul 08, 2011, 02:07 »
Rumor is the Bartlett Coordinator is personally responsible for the 60+ day extention  ;D

You're killin me....  don't make me take my tech's and go home....

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Aug 24, 2011, 07:35 »
You're killin me....  don't make me take my tech's and go home....

So, how many of you are still there?  Someone said it may be another month before the plant gets back up?  wow...  :(

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #60 on: Aug 25, 2011, 12:46 »
Making good progress, condenser work wrapping up, but, a lot of clean-up as you would expect.  Brought some help back in to off-set those going to other outage's.. Have to leave myself tomorrow.

How is life on the other side of the world?

BK

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Aug 25, 2011, 10:18 »
Making good progress, condenser work wrapping up, but, a lot of clean-up as you would expect.  Brought some help back in to off-set those going to other outage's.. Have to leave myself tomorrow.

How is life on the other side of the world?

BK

Glad you are doing good...

The other side of the world is also good.  I'm getting into my teaching groove.  The other day, I taught a career planning lesson that they loved.  They ALL stayed after class (even the little nyak layngs that are usually asleep at back of room) to keep talking about it...until finally I had to chase them off so another class could have the room.  Think they all want to be Nuke Workers now!

Tell everyone at Columbia that I said, "Hey!"
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2011, 10:25 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Aug 27, 2011, 05:00 »
We still have AT LEAST two weeks left before the plant in on the grid. There is a 10 day period devoted to testing alone.....and those of us that are actually working the Condenser Project know B&W isnt going to be giving the condenser back to us in 4 days  ;)

So when all is said and done.....this 70 day outage will be 160+

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:32 »
i have heard that they are trying to connect to the grid, but are having problems, were at 1% on the nrc report today, anyone know if they will be coming back soon?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:34 »
i have heard that they are trying to connect to the grid, but are having problems, were at 1% on the nrc report today, anyone know if they will be coming back soon?

I'm sure that's just the non-public information some power marketing traders would LOVE to know  [whistle]

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: Sep 20, 2011, 03:44 »

We entered Mode 2 on Sept 18th. There is hope of entering Mode 1 today around 1800. If this happens (IF!!!) then we are looking at a grid sync on Sept 22nd and achieving 100% Rx power Sept 25th.  The only thing certain right now is this 70 day outage that started the first week of April has been..........interesting  :D

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #66 on: Sep 20, 2011, 05:44 »
thanks for the update, certainly a very long outage at this unit

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #67 on: Sep 21, 2011, 12:42 »
 "Nuclear Implosion, The Rise and Fall of the Washington Public Power Supply System" by Professor Daniel Pope of the University of Oregon admirably explains the background of this incredible anomaly in the outage world.

Of the 35 BWRs in the US, four are Model 5 BWRs. Columbia, Nine Mile 2, Lasalle 1&2.

The current light water world record run is held by Lasalle Unit 1...739 days.

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2011, 01:49 by wlrun3 »

Offline mea1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #68 on: Sep 23, 2011, 09:10 »
Columbia back up to 2% for the 3rd day on NRC webpage, looks like are testing and they might be back by next week

ChuckW65

« Reply #69 on: Sep 27, 2011, 06:18 »
On the grid at 1249 today. Slowly headed to 100% power. Finally!!! 8)

Jelly

« Reply #70 on: Oct 17, 2011, 11:54 »
Hey guys I have been watching Energy Northwest's website for some time waiting for a NLO position to open up and I haven't seen one. I was just curious if there is some other route to try and apply or if I am just missing something? I have read that some places hire in cycles, is that how it works at CGS and if so do you know when it is coming around again? Thanks for the help.

ChuckW65

« Reply #71 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:37 »
Keep looking.  I think we are starting a new NLO class early next year.  I'll find out and let you know.  We just started a License class so there won't be another one for a while.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:45 »
Interviewed for an SRO position at the end of Aug.  Received and accepted the job offer last week.  Looking to connect with folks already there and others who'll be in the ILC starting in Jul 2013.

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2012, 12:15 by NukeLDO »
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Fermi2

« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2012, 09:13 »
Congratulations !!

BetaAnt

« Reply #74 on: Feb 06, 2013, 12:29 »
Who has the Spring 2013 outage? ??? ??? ???

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?