Columbia

Above Average
16 (37.2%)
Average
16 (37.2%)
Below Average
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Columbia (WNP2)  (Read 89667 times)

sweetpea

Re: Columbia (WNP2)
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 02:19 »
 you have vinnie samuels, paul kellogg, and the heeb...what more do you need?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:21 by sweetpea »

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2007, 01:18 »
Just spent the Spring at CGS for R18 and had a great time. Good leadership and an awesome crew lead to a safe and smooth outage on the refuel floor.  Thanks Chris, Vinnie, and Jim for the fun on the 606'. Ditto to Dennis, Nichole (sp), and Charles for the picnics, ribs, and steaks - a very nice touch helping those away from home keep it real during the frenetic pace we call outage. Goodluck to Rich on St. Helens, you won't need it after all those stairs. K & B have fun at Yellowstone.  Broadzilla is right, Spring in the desert is an awesome experience! Hope to see everyone at our Unit 2 outage in the Fall. Peace and Karma to ya.

Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #27 on: Jun 26, 2007, 12:43 »
Yes had a real good time on the refuel learning from the veterans.  No worries for me knowing that CV had my back.  Only had one gripe and that was Jim L faking a faint spell so I couldnt go on break.  Take care  Mr. Chambers hope your vacation is going well.  Thanks for taking care of my mistakes.  It was good to see a house tech working for his money.  Tell the gang hi at DC for me.   Like to thank the folks  at  Columbia for treating us real good if we can just get those prices down in the lunch room everything would of been perfect.   It was also nice to see some old faces.  Perks, Wally, Nap, and Lee.   Next time we want hotdogs Mr. Rod.         

partyboy

« Reply #28 on: Oct 21, 2007, 02:50 »
Anyone with some info on shift schedules and average overtime at Columbia?  What is an average annual salary for year 1, year 5, and so on?  Any overall opinions on this place would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

Mitch257

« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2007, 04:22 »
Would need to know your specialty and level of qualification to offer any useful answer to your question.  WNP-2 does not, in general, offer the highest salaries in the business, but the cost of living is pretty reasonable around here.

sullied

« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:42 »
I'm a Navy ET getting out EWS qualified with about 9 years total. I'm very interested in working at this plant because my wife is from the Tri-Cities. What kind of salary and benefits am I looking at for SRO? I know the cost of living there is lower than many other areas, so I would expect to see a slightly lower salary. Also, how is the shift schedule for SRO? What kind of advancement can I expect to see and what is the likelihood of getting a day shift only job? I've got a family that doesnt take shift work too well.

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2008, 03:21 »
I'm a Navy ET getting out EWS qualified with about 9 years total. I'm very interested in working at this plant because my wife is from the Tri-Cities. What kind of salary and benefits am I looking at for SRO? I know the cost of living there is lower than many other areas, so I would expect to see a slightly lower salary. Also, how is the shift schedule for SRO? What kind of advancement can I expect to see and what is the likelihood of getting a day shift only job? I've got a family that doesnt take shift work too well.

SOMEWHERE over the rainbow...

Offline NuclearBob

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:43 »
Our salaries are competitive with the rest of the industry for Operators.  We recently brought in a class of Equipment Operators, and have two classes of Control Room Operators (RO/SRO) finishing up this fall and next spring.  The next class will not start until about August of 2009.  We run a six shift rotation, 12 hour shifts.  Advancement depends on your talents and abilities.  You can expect to spend a number of years on shift as an SRO (usually).  There are not that many day-shift jobs, and lots of talented people that have been on shift for a long time.  If interested, openings are posted on our website, www.Energy-northwest.com.  Best of luck.

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:37 »
Do you really think WNP Salaries are competitive? They must have really upgraded their pay structure since 2006.

Mike

Offline NuclearBob

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2008, 09:33 »
We made some changes to the Operations pay structure to become more competitive.  Our Engineering and other support positions were in better shape.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2008, 11:01 »
get a raise very year! ;)

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2008, 11:41 »
I am having a great time!! The people are very nice for the most part there are some that just like to complain but you get people like that everywhere!!
death to all who apose us!!!!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #37 on: Aug 07, 2009, 09:24 »
Has the smoke cleared yet?  :P

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #38 on: Aug 07, 2009, 09:46 »
Smoke is gone.....but the evidence remains.  We are now dealing with asbestos.  Looks like it will be a while till we are back online (2-6 weeks).....which sucks...except for the overtime.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #39 on: Aug 08, 2009, 03:02 »
Smoke is gone.....but the evidence remains.  We are now dealing with asbestos.  Looks like it will be a while till we are back online (2-6 weeks).....which sucks...except for the overtime.

How about a brief update of what-in-the-heck-are-we-talking-about...for those of us that tuned in late...
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009, 03:03 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2009, 03:38 »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: Aug 08, 2009, 04:09 »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

nmaguire

« Reply #42 on: Aug 11, 2009, 08:56 »
Glad to hear everyone is safe.

2-6 weeks sounds like a long time. Any RTS date yet?

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: Aug 11, 2009, 11:48 »
There is rumor of a Sept 5th start up...but here at Columbia we all know how that goes. 

RadConRanger

« Reply #44 on: Sep 04, 2009, 12:31 »
Anyone with a link to their job site?  Or thoughts/data on when they might be hiring AO's from ex-navy MM's?
Anything would be great-thanks!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Sep 04, 2009, 08:09 »
Anyone with a link to their job site?  Or thoughts/data on when they might be hiring AO's from ex-navy MM's?
Anything would be great-thanks!

http://www.energy-northwest.com/erecruit/emplmain.php

http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Pages/Careers.aspx

modified for new link
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2013, 02:40 by UncaBuffalo »

nmaguire

« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2009, 09:02 »
I read 11/12 startup somewhere.

Are you fellas rolling it up today? 

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:21 »
Reactor went critical yesterday.....since I am off right now Im not sure of plant status at this moment.  Its been a pretty rough year for us here at Columbia.....except for the overtime $$$$$

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Nov 14, 2009, 12:06 »
Returned to work today.......plant is at 85% power and should be 100% soon.  Entire RCA smells like burning DEH fluid (Fyrquel)

sullied

« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:51 »
Anyone know the normal class up/hiring times of Equipment Operators and Reactor Operators? I get out of the Navy in the fall and I'm wondering if this time would mesh with the hiring dates of the plant.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?