Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Room Tax

Author Topic: Room Tax  (Read 6647 times)

piperflyer

Room Tax
« on: Oct 19, 2006, 10:38 »
How long do you have to stay at a place of lodging, before they can't charge tax for the room anymore?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Room Tax
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2006, 04:10 »
It varies by state.  California is 30 days.  NJ is either 90 or 180 days.  Georgia only exempts government employees on official business.
Check the tax authority in your state.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2006, 10:19 »
It is one thing to claim the tax exemption after 30 days, another to get results.
In New York, they will stop collecting the tax and even refund any if needed. (West Valley). In California, (Hunters Point) they said we don't know anything about that, so we won't stop collecting. Too bad.
In NY, I was able to find the form on line, and after giving it to the hotel, they were satisfied and were no problem. I wasn't able to find the correct form in Ca. and they were not cooperative at all. So, if someone has an easy way to find the forms, it might be a hit or miss thing.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2006, 11:28 »
get ahold of the tax authority in california.  they will give you the straight 'n narrow.  don't bother with the hotel clerks, they're increasing the bottom line.  if you qualify, let the hotel clerk know, if they don't cease collecting the tax, call the tax authority and they will enforce the ceasation.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?