Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)  

Poll

ANO

Above Average
28 (51.9%)
Average
20 (37%)
Below Average
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)  (Read 79772 times)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)
« Reply #50 on: Apr 01, 2013, 03:10 »
We also received the pics. Any reason that I can't share them here?

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #51 on: Apr 01, 2013, 03:54 »
A lot of people have pics of that incident.  My advice is to keep them off this site.  Entergy should have some control over what information they release to the public and when.  The possibility - however remote - that someone might post an altered photo here, or that even an unaltered photo could be subject to misinterpretation, could be damaging to Entergy, to NukeWorker, and to other interested and affected parties.
I know we all want to learn from this, but the best time to learn is when the lesson is completely written and fully understood.  I'm guessing that Entergy would probably ask Mike to take down any pictures that get posted here, just as DC Cook did when their turbine wrecked.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2013, 04:33 »
Roger that.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Apr 01, 2013, 04:46 »
I'm guessing that Entergy would probably ask Mike to take down any pictures that get posted here, just as DC Cook did when their turbine wrecked.

Yup.

HeavyD

« Reply #54 on: Apr 15, 2013, 11:23 »

Chimera

« Reply #55 on: Apr 15, 2013, 12:37 »
Why were they using the temporary crane instead of the house crane?

MacGyver

« Reply #56 on: Apr 15, 2013, 12:48 »
Why were they using the temporary crane instead of the house crane?

Our house Trb Bdlg Crane wouldn't support that weight either.  So we would have to use a Temp Crane as well.

Most house cranes would not be anywhere close to supporting 500 tons.  That's why I believe they used a Temp Crane setup.

Mac

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #57 on: Apr 15, 2013, 01:10 »
Same company, same set up was used at another midwestern plant for the same job. Of course you may not of heard of that job, because it was successful.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #58 on: Apr 15, 2013, 01:22 »
Just looking at the crane setup made me wonder if it sturdy enough for the lift. 
LM

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #59 on: Apr 15, 2013, 06:28 »
As all know I have a special interest in this! I am in process of moving to Va, but my heart is AR. I have been waiting to see the names and condition of others who was hurt in the heart breaking accident, being I'm from there I would very much like any update I could receive. I would also like to send my deepest sympathy,  my thoughts are with all who has to endure these unfortunate times. May God bless and be with you
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2013, 12:32 »
The "Bigge" crane is used as implied to handle the excess weight that most in plant cranes can not.  I assume this setup was also used recently at one of the Duke plants for a similar job without issue.  They have also used these cranes for most SGRP's that I am aware of without incident with the exception of I thought I head something about a SG being dropped outside the equipment hatch at Salem (I think).

Point being these people are very experienced with heavy lifts so I would expect some type of equipment failure is associated.

certainly a tragedy

sf

chemist

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2013, 11:04 »
Is this the appropriate place to ask a question? Hope so!

I'm currently working toward my BS in Chemistry (eventually MS...just taking a while to get there) because ANO is where I want to work. Is this the right degree path? The advisors at UALR weren't very helpful, kinda looked at me like I was mad when I explained what I wanted.

Obviously, potential employment is a ways down the road, I just want to make sure I'm at least headed the right way.

Thanks so much!!

HeavyD

« Reply #62 on: Jul 22, 2013, 03:26 »
http://enformable.com/2013/07/wrongful-death-suit-filed-in-wake-of-fatal-accident-at-arkansas-nuclear-one/

Seems like a point-by-point on how not to accomplish a major evolution.  Bottom line appears to be that this tragedy was 100% avoidable, which is probably what the vast majority of us had already decided on our own.

OSHA still conducting their investigation.

Offline Redleader

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:52 »
Chemist, I have been in the industry for 30 years and I can tell you a MS in Chemistry will wasted money. What I would do is after the BS I would look for something in Management

Offline radmax

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #64 on: Aug 10, 2013, 09:25 »
Hey ANO, come out and show these guys some love... if you haven't heard, 2 Marine Veteran's walking across America from Camp Pendleton, CA to the Marine Barracks in D.C. to promote the Wounded Warrior Project... pushing thru Clarksville on their way towards you... :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wounded-Walk/275213155947441?ref=stream

http://m.rivervalleyleader.com/multimedia/youtube_40b6610c-012e-11e3-b06f-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm
It's just too damn'd early in the morning to be this damn'd early in the morning!

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #65 on: Jun 23, 2017, 04:48 »
How are things at ANO?  Jim hasn't been there for 10 years.  We have sold our house and moving to Arkansas for family reasons... just wondering if pursuing jobs at ANO would be doable at this time.  Thanks for any advise/help.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?