Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu WHo has the Best HouseTechs??

Author Topic: WHo has the Best HouseTechs??  (Read 17736 times)

pronountrouble6

WHo has the Best HouseTechs??
« on: Oct 20, 2006, 07:51 »
What plant has the best housetechs??  I like VY's guys, there's always someone doing something wacked out and loads of laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty disfunctional!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: WHo has the Best HouseTechs??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:12 »
Best housetechs probably Ginna.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2006, 12:15 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2006, 09:06 »
Ginna and Fort Calhoun had very nice people.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Who has the Best HouseTechs??
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2006, 11:21 »
There may be plants that have either friendlier techs...or harder working techs...or more competent techs, but for the combination of all three traits, I'll vote for Columbia...

Honorable Mention:  Diablo & VC Summer
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2006, 09:23 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2006, 05:18 »
When was the last time you guys were at VY, alots changed in the last year.  They fired one guy and have a couple more under "investigation", then they hired 8 new HP's.  Plus you have new management, Guido has now retired and D. Hensel is now in ALARA for Remi retiring.

remowil55

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2006, 06:44 »
Without a doubt, it is Vogtle, then Farley if your speaking of HP's. There the best, miss you guys. Remo

Offline BStella

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2006, 11:49 »
Well...Palo Verde, of course.  Their management sux; but, as people...they're OK, too.     ;D

randyman56

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:26 »
Sequoyah, palo verde, san onofre, palisades.  there are no bad house techs its just that these 4 plants are a notch above the other 28 plants i have been to.

randyman

remhog

« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2006, 06:20 »
Palisades

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:15 »
Seabrook is definately my favorite.

Honorable mention to Susquehanna, Columbia and Crystal River
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

wglewallen

« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:25 »
I have to say that in all the years that I have been doing RP work Oconee Nuclear Station has the best house tech. These guys and gals are more like family.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:50 »
It has been some years since I was at VY but they did have great techs during the late 90's. Fermi was also a place I loved to go to... not for the area but because the techs and management treated me really well there. Lots of old road techs. I enjoyed Brunswick also. Enjoyed most of the plants I went to but these were the best.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2006, 09:05 »
...there are no bad house techs...

?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2006, 09:01 »
Prairie Island in the 70's  All 12 of the house techs for 2 units !!!!!!
Rancho Seco in the 80's
St. Lucie in the 90's
Brunswick, Harris & Crystal at present.......

nukewood

« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2006, 04:55 »
Have always enjoyed the personnel at Brunswick.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2006, 05:57 »
I think calvert and fort calhoun has some of nicest techs I have ever met and worked with.

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:33 »
I think ANO has the best. They don't think they are to good. they will get in and work with you. They came from the old school and worked their way up.
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2006, 07:34 »
I personally like the house techs at SONGS. even though i have not been there since 92. as for ANO they are good techs most started out as house decon techs and have moved up. gotta give a shout out also to the house guys and gals at brunswick especially the techs that helped out in the spring 05 outage doing the cavity when we only had about 6 deconners to do the cavity they the hp's jumped rigth in and gave us a hand. sorry for getting off subject here.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #18 on: Nov 09, 2006, 02:15 »
I just worked with the houstechs at Cook on nights and man were they some good guys.  One of them made me a whole mess of mp3 disks and I didn't even ask for them.  Calvert housetechs on nights were way cool.  Calvert had their $hit together more so than cook, but all the techs were cool at both plants.  Pilgrim housetechs were pretty good too on nights.

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2006, 06:54 »
When I was AT Pilgrim, Contactors couldn't use the plant restrooms. I still say the best techs. is between ANO and Seabrook, They are a good bunch of guys. They treat you like a person and will help you work or just be a friend.
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: Nov 11, 2006, 09:40 »
Sequoyah, palo verde, san onofre, palisades.  there are no bad house techs its just that these 4 plants are a notch above the other 28 plants i have been to.

randyman

You haven't been back for a while, randyman, and we miss you. Karma to ya for putting us in your top 4!
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
« Reply #21 on: Nov 12, 2006, 12:20 »
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with at St. Lucy and Turkey Point. I had a blast with both the house techs and the contractors. Everyone was very helpful when needed, if concerns were expressed, they listened, and they liked to joke around and have a good time, while getting the job done.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?