16 (27.1%)
Below Average
39 (66.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Perry  (Read 87711 times)

Lakenuke

Re: Talk About: Perry
« Reply #25 on: Apr 30, 2003, 07:39 »
Word is they had LP turbine damage due to a bad sync in the past; extended the outage; must fix prior to starting up.  

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
Re: Talk About: Perry
« Reply #26 on: Apr 30, 2003, 09:50 »
Damaged LP turbine and an outage extension?  Sounds like Perry will be on the auction block again.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

HockeystarMDH

Re: Perry
« Reply #27 on: Apr 06, 2004, 03:24 »
I've been in Perry and I believe it is a safe and very good overall site.

Chelios

« Reply #28 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:51 »
I was at Perry in '94 (10 years gone nigh) and found that it had a paranoid personality. Management was out to make examples of those who screwed up. A fine example they themselves made. Most of the house techs were good people, but there were a couple of strange ones. Some of the management people were real ignorant @#%@#*s. However, if you kept a low profile, it was a good money maker. You were limited to 5 12s, so you always got a 2 day off. The 3 month outage went for over 7. I'm sure it has changed since then, and I hope it has been for the better.

yuffie_2000us

« Reply #29 on: Apr 06, 2004, 08:18 »
They are the only White Finding RP Dept. in the country. One of the hottest dose wise also. They will work you hard during outages . Last outage they paid the Bartlett Techs $65 a day diem and then brought in house techs from other utilities and paid them $205 a day diem. First Energy has proven that they dont know how to operate nuke plants safely. Be very wary of going there. The walk into the plant from the contractors parking lot alone will hurt you.

Harpo

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2004, 09:54 »
Not a BAD place to work. 9 out of 10 house techs are good people. Management has improved since 1994 BUT ... The last outage was a real bear for them. Alot of things went wrong. Dose was wasted by certain supervisors who were out of their element. I usually work there for outages and special projects (and like it) but after last outage I told the RPM that because of the hassle with supervision, the wasted dose (three nightshift seniors picked up over 700mR in the first 10 days), the walk into the plant, etc. ,I wouldn't be back unless the money went up.

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2005, 11:40 »
Hey Phil75.  Was the plant being managed by First Energy when you were there?  I have just been offered a job there in the training department and would appreciate any more information.

Jr8black3

« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2005, 01:15 »
<< Has only quit one place, and that is it...The HP management tried to tell Me I couldn't go home and get married, Well I've been married for 15 years now,, I would never go back there.. I would live in a box in a alley before I ever went back there.

surveyrad

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:21 »
Have anyone heard about stuff that's going on at Perry?

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:44 »
Is the stuff you mention above new stuff?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:23 »
Yes, I worked here from March through December, and it lived up to all the hype.

It was a combination of Mardi Gras, Spring Break, and Woodstock. It was fun, but I didn't get alot of sleep.......:)

LinkNuc

« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:21 »
Well it certainly is a stretch goal, but its like the Beav no one believed we could do it and pow 23 day outage.   It can be done, and its just about working the schedule and COMMUNICATION!! We brought soem butt-kickers up here from The Beav so It might not be a pleasant outage but I think it will be successful.

shovelheadred

« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:27 »
...just a quick question...Are Lydia and Steve Jacobs still working at Perry?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2007, 10:46 »
If you know where someone is please contact that person and let them know, giving them the option of contact. Not everyone wants to be found.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2007, 10:53 by Marlin »

dtjim

« Reply #39 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:05 »
when is the perry outage scheduled for

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:56 »

LinkNuc

« Reply #41 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:30 »
Currently scheduled for April 2nd for 29 days.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #42 on: Mar 27, 2007, 12:59 »
The information regarding overseas techs applies much more broadly than to one plant only. That portion has been split off into a new topic:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,10508.0.html
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 03:57 »
The outage is just about over here.
We are sitting on 350 Rem for the total. Still a lot of work to do yet.
Massive layoff this Friday. It should just about clear the place of all contractors, except for the golden children.
Bright side: It didn't even snow this week.

Fermi2

« Reply #44 on: Aug 06, 2008, 09:50 »
What's Operations like up there?

gaetano01

« Reply #45 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:51 »
Can anybody provide me with an email address or phone number for a nuke recruiter or ops manager type at Perry / FirstEnergy?  I'm transitioning out of the Navy soon and would like to discuss career opportunities at NE Ohio's only nuke plant.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2008, 07:14 »
Can anybody provide me with an email address or phone number for a nuke recruiter or ops manager type at Perry / FirstEnergy?  I'm transitioning out of the Navy soon and would like to discuss career opportunities at NE Ohio's only nuke plant.
Here is the First Energy job search page....most utilities now start there. Good Luck :)
https://erecruit.firstenergycorp.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_unreg_job_search?sap-wd-configid=zhr_unreg_job_s_config&sap-client=010
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Yurij

Perry outage
« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:53 »
Has anyone any info on when the first call for fitters/welders will be for the Feb outage?Which local handles Perry ???

Offline Rather Hunt Than Tech

• Light User
  • It's not Rocket Science we're only Splitting Atoms
« Reply #48 on: Mar 04, 2009, 11:53 »
I am surprised there is nothing written about Perry's outage yet.  I will be there on March 9th for 3 weeks.  I haven't heard anything good through the grape vine.  Short on tech's, lots of PCE's, uptakes, etc.  I guess I'll find out whats true and whats not next week.
ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Goverment Agency

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:48 »
There has been enough written about the place to know what to expect when you get there!
Some things will never change...even in 15 years!
Just remember that if you want a break, you can frisk tools for a while then your "break" is over!, oh & "we don't have to give you a lunch!"
Nuf said!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?