Turkey Point

Above Average
10 (12.2%)
Average
23 (28%)
Below Average
49 (59.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Turkey Point  (Read 225887 times)

RAD-GHOST

Re: Turkey Point
« Reply #200 on: Aug 02, 2010, 03:57 »
Their a premium provider of trained professionals for third world country's.... ::)

RG!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #201 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:19 »
i was just confirmed but tech USA friday

Good Luck.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #202 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:10 »
i was just confirmed buy tech USA friday. sorry hit the wrong , I geuss no one lese here has done that, Rp is not my field any more but if nothing comes up I will take the slot.
there are a lot of back up contracts out there if you are willing to risk waiting for them.
I geuss Fl could be 3rd world. but 40 An hour and 150  DAY IS Not bad plus time and half

Translation?

Mark - are you saying Tech USA confirmed you in for an HP slot at Turkey? or are you going in as something else or somewhere else?  Just trying to clarify your post.

Thanks,
Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

stownsend

« Reply #203 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:22 »
i was just confirmed buy tech USA friday. sorry hit the wrong , I geuss no one lese here has done that, Rp is not my field any more but if nothing comes up I will take the slot.
there are a lot of back up contracts out there if you are willing to risk waiting for them.
I geuss Fl could be 3rd world. but 40 An hour and 150  DAY IS Not bad plus time and half
Did you take the slot as spell checker because I knew someone looking for that assignment?

my name is.....

« Reply #204 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:26 »
I have been contacted by Turkey Point for Nuclear Plant Operator and am more than likely going to be called for an interview as my application status in my profile says so. Does anyone have any information about that plant, bad or good? I have read the thread and it is rather old so things may have changed between now and then.

I appreciate any information,advice and/or help that can be offered regarding me getting into this plant.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #205 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:36 »
Brush up on your Spanish and get a carry permit.

Awww, c'mon, that thread was so old and antiquated, I'm sure things have changed since then ;)

my name is.....

« Reply #206 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:27 »
Gracias Senors, hablo espanol......and I am armed to the teeth. I will seek a conceal carry license, I have always wanted one anyway.

I was hoping to get some info about the plant itself and the type of folks working there.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #207 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:18 »
You did.

Attitude - Totally  -K!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

my name is.....

« Reply #208 on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:10 »
Man, that doesn't paint a very pretty picture then.  :D

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #209 on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:44 »
Man, that doesn't paint a very pretty picture then.  :D

I was talking about SD's attitude.  Last time I dealt with TP it was great!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #210 on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:46 »
I don't think you need a conceal carry license in Homestead, everybody is armed to the teeth, even the baggers at Publix grocery store carry a 9. As far as the plant/area goes, well learn to dodge gators on the access road, drive 120mph on the turnpike since US 1 is a good place to get shot when stopped at a light, speak spanish ( check), live 45 minutes away from the plant. The plant is old, but fun to work. The most people there are really nice and friendly, but like every plant, there is a few who are disgruntle.

Take the job if it is offered, you may be able to transfer to St. Lucie when the opportunity arises, that seems to be the modus operandi for alot of folks there. And buy Desert Eagle 50 cal and a used cop car to take to work....safety first!

my name is.....

« Reply #211 on: Jan 12, 2011, 09:31 »
Thank you OldHP and Incline that is what I was looking for.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #212 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:51 »
I don't think you need a conceal carry license in Homestead, everybody is armed to the teeth, even the baggers at Publix grocery store carry a 9. As far as the plant/area goes, well learn to dodge gators on the access road, drive 120mph on the turnpike since US 1 is a good place to get shot when stopped at a light, speak spanish ( check), live 45 minutes away from the plant. The plant is old, but fun to work. The most people there are really nice and friendly, but like every plant, there is a few who are disgruntle.

Take the job if it is offered, you may be able to transfer to St. Lucie when the opportunity arises, that seems to be the modus operandi for alot of folks there. And buy Desert Eagle 50 cal and a used cop car to take to work....safety first!

I did one outage there in 83 I would have thought it would have improved by now. I got a hair cut just after I arrived in Homestead while paying the bill I was asked if I was new and if I had a gun. When I replied that I was and no I did not have a gun he pulled out three from under the register and asked if I wanted to buy one. I did have a good time down there despite that, the Everglades, the Keys, etc. make up for a lot its just not "Kansas".

Offline ronl2687

• Lurker
Turkey Point Spring Outage
« Reply #213 on: Oct 09, 2011, 08:42 »
Has anyone heard if this outage has been reduced in days. fron the 120 on the schedule.

c9_2011

« Reply #214 on: Oct 25, 2011, 11:28 »
Id like to get into turkey point for their 120 day outage but I heard that they rarely accept "outsiders" and a lot of their employees are returnees. Does anyone know if this is true? Ive been decon for the past 2 years with some jr hp time in (8 months) and I'm finally ready to hit the road and start traveling.

Any tips on how to get into this plant? I have no connections to Turkey point so I'm relying solely on my work experience. any road techs out there who could shed some light on this? Thanks in advance :)

Offline Protectologist

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: Oct 26, 2011, 06:57 »
Bartlett has the contract so you can contact them. Sharon Casey is the outage coordinator for them and she's good to work with/for.

Boomer

« Reply #216 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:34 »
I'm looking for a place to rent near turkey point. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths minimum. Monthly rental and I'm looking at 6 months or more being down there. Want a safe and secure neighborhood. Any info would be appreciated, trying to rent a place rather than pull my 5th wheel down there. Thanks, Mike

nu-nuker

« Reply #217 on: Nov 01, 2011, 08:01 »
I want to get in on this outage, but I am a newbie with no experience.  I wanna get in on Decon.  Does anyone know if they will be bringing in first timers?  What is Sharon Casey's phone number?

jeff moore

« Reply #218 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:58 »
I'm looking for a place to rent near turkey point. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths minimum. Monthly rental and I'm looking at 6 months or more being down there. Want a safe and secure neighborhood. Any info would be appreciated, trying to rent a place rather than pull my 5th wheel down there. Thanks, Mike

I just got the call to start down there Mon for the Feb outage.
Does any one have any info on Lodging? I don't even know if I will be getting per diem so cost is an issue but I dont want to stay in a s... hole.

surf50

« Reply #219 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:52 »
Jeff, you've got to do a better job of looking out for yourself...
When you 'get the call' to go somewhere always ask about pay, per diem, and travel. I'm pretty sure they'll give you what's due, they're not in the business of ripping you off.

As far as lodging, try the Value Place, or the Floridian in Florida City. Ask for the FPL rate, but keep in mind it's the expensive season down there. If it's cheap, it'll most likely be a sh***hole, so don't get your hopes up.

When you get to training, ask around and see where everyone else is staying and go to that motel.
Good Luck.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #220 on: Aug 07, 2012, 03:36 »
Day 169 of the never ending EPU outage.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline chilipepper1462

• Lurker
« Reply #221 on: Sep 19, 2012, 12:18 »
Spanky how goes it? Your going to need a bigger travel trailer to carry all that TP money! : ) When does the next outage start?

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #222 on: Sep 19, 2012, 03:49 »
November 5th.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline TEX-INSP

• Light User
« Reply #223 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:37 »
I'm headed down to Turkey point in a few weeks, going for the long haul EPU outage.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?