Sequoyah

Above Average
25 (51%)
Average
14 (28.6%)
Below Average
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Sequoyah  (Read 145632 times)

dirtyspu

Re: Sequoyah
« Reply #75 on: Sep 21, 2008, 05:57 »
Hey guys what is the shift work rotation like there?  I don't what dates or anything just the rotation.  thanks in advance.

Tom

Fermi2

« Reply #76 on: Sep 21, 2008, 11:21 »
Shift rotation for which department?

dirtyspu

« Reply #77 on: Sep 22, 2008, 12:48 »
OPS I think I am currently still in the navy, so I may have the terms wrong.  NLO,RO,SRO those kind of jobs.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Fermi2

« Reply #78 on: Sep 22, 2008, 02:33 »
12 Hour Shifts.

dirtyspu

« Reply #79 on: Sep 22, 2008, 05:49 »
thanks

Fermi2

INPO 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #80 on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:49 »
Mike

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #81 on: Oct 02, 2008, 07:48 »
Congratulations to everyone at Sequoyah Mike!  Hoping to hear those words ourselves in a couple of years.

Peace,
Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

dirtyspu

When does Sequoyah hire?
« Reply #82 on: Nov 02, 2008, 08:54 »
I have looked at the web site and I see jobs posted from time to time but not very many OPS jobs.  I know that the plant hire in cycles and I was wanting to know if anyone knew when the next on would be?  thanks in advance.

Fermi2

« Reply #83 on: Nov 02, 2008, 10:17 »
We recently started POSS Testing for a new class which is due to start in March. I wouldn't look for a new one until early 2010.

Mike

dirtyspu

« Reply #84 on: Nov 07, 2008, 10:31 »
Thanks for that info.  If the TVA employment web site the best way to know when you are starting the POSS testing?  If not then what is?  Thanks

Fermi2

I'm Not Sure
« Reply #85 on: Nov 07, 2008, 03:24 »
I'm not sure what you mean by is the TVA Site where you find out when they are POSS Testing.
They don't announce POSS Testing. You apply for jobs there and if we are interested we'll invite you to take the POSS.

Mike

jc

« Reply #86 on: Nov 08, 2008, 01:40 »
the TVA employment web site
The TVA site allows you to create search agents that will automatically email you in case of a job posting. Might be a good idea to set that up, since the trainee jobs only seem to stay up for a couple of days and are easy to miss. The last Sequoyah posting was online from September 20-22, and I know one POSS test session was held on October 18.

I've already passed the POSS for TVA and would really like to be in that March 09 class for Sequoyah. I'm just sitting here with my fingers crossed, reading this forum from cover to cover, while waiting (hoping) to get that interview invitation.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2008, 04:17 by jc »

Fermi2

« Reply #87 on: Nov 08, 2008, 11:07 »
I doubt we'll be asking anyone until sometime after the first of the year.

Mike

jc

« Reply #88 on: Nov 08, 2008, 06:46 »
I doubt we'll be asking anyone until sometime after the first of the year.

Timing might not be on my side. I initially applied for a Cumberland SGPO class that starts in January. I haven't even been interviewed yet, but If TVA considers me a suitable candidate, I might get hired at Cumberland before I even get a chance at an interview for Sequoyah. Cumberland is a good opportunity and I would be happy to have it, but I do find the nuke plants more appealing.

I suppose another possibility (other than not getting hired by TVA at all) is that I'm not selected for Cumberland, but get an interview and offer for Sequoyah. I'm not sure how likely that scenario is.

Fermi2

« Reply #89 on: Nov 08, 2008, 07:40 »
Don't let Cumberland know you've applied to Sequoyah. Where are you from?

Fermi2

« Reply #90 on: Nov 09, 2008, 12:15 »
Your chances of getting in there are about 1234567890% higher than getting in at Sequoyah.

jc

« Reply #91 on: Nov 09, 2008, 01:38 »
Your chances of getting in there are about 1234567890% higher than getting in at Sequoyah.

I see. That's okay though, I'd be thrilled to get on with Cumberland.

Fermi2

« Reply #92 on: Nov 09, 2008, 02:45 »
I'm just saying because of the 60 mile rule.

Mike

jc

« Reply #93 on: Nov 15, 2008, 09:04 »
I'm just saying because of the 60 mile rule.
Yeah, I assumed that's what you meant. Anyway, Cumberland interviews are finished and I wasn't called. Maybe I should move to the Chattanooga area to increase my TVA nuke chances.  ;)

jc

« Reply #94 on: Nov 29, 2008, 03:43 »
I've received an offer to interview next week for the Sequoyah NSGPO class. I know I might not have the best chances, but I've been reading some of the old threads on here about the interview process to prepare myself, and I hope to make a pretty good go at it. Any additional advice is welcome, of course. I think I'll start a thread in the "Getting In" forum sometime soon and see if there are any other Sequoyah wannabes reading.

clcartwr

« Reply #95 on: Dec 02, 2008, 04:11 »
I hoping I'll get that call also.  Took the POSS on October 18 but haven't heard anything back yet.  I'm straight out of college with a bachelors in physics but no experience.  It never hurts to try though!

jc

Anyone else interviewing at Sequoyah this week?
« Reply #96 on: Dec 03, 2008, 08:31 »
Just curious if any fellow of my fellow Nukeworker forum frequenters are interviewing for NSGPO at Sequoyah. I believe they are conducting interviews all this week.

jowlman

« Reply #97 on: Dec 04, 2008, 04:52 »
I just got back from my interview this afternoon. They said that they had one more day of interviews and that the offers should be made by Christmas. I hope that this helps.

clcartwr

« Reply #98 on: Dec 04, 2008, 04:57 »
Guess that leaves me out of the equation! haha

jc

« Reply #99 on: Dec 04, 2008, 05:47 »
I just got back from my interview this afternoon. They said that they had one more day of interviews and that the offers should be made by Christmas. I hope that this helps.
Got any tips you want to share?  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?